1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
    Dismiss Notice

Will be TrackIR supported day one for ACC?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by mkotechno, Jul 30, 2018.

1. warth0g

warth0g Simracer

Sorry it took a while to reply. I’m using a FOV of 30 in ACC which seems to work great

Yes, it’s the Samsung. I like it very much indeed. I’m about 32 inches from the screen as it’s mounted to my rig and the pixel density seems fine to me. ACC looks pretty great, particularly the fireworks at night when you finish a race! Raceroom. Also looks incredibly sharp on it, the car models look fantastic.

I thought about waiting for the 4K version - but I think I’d struggle to power it with my current 1080ti setup which is new, and won’t be upgraded for some time. You have to compromise somewhere I guess but honestly, it doesn’t feel compromised, it feels awesome, I absolutely love it. Would highly recommend.

Luis Branco and Coanda like this.
  2. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Hardcore Simmer

I agree, to go up in resolution and needing to go down in graphic details/options really isn’t taking benefit of using a bigger monitor.
    You have the monitor roughly as far as I have mine and it’s good to know the image is sharp up close.
    Like you I think it would be a struggle to run ACC at 5120x1440.
    I’ll run a test with DSR to check how’s the performance with a higher resolution but I don’t doubt it will be quite noticeable.

warth0g likes this.
  3. Nox

Nox Gamer

I hope it comes with 1.0

4. aotto1977

aotto1977 Simracer

Hi guys,
    I "accidentally" found out centering the VR stuff works via the freetrack protocol. As long as I didn't miss some magic going on there, I suppose ACC understands the freetrack protocol. Maybe only in VR, but it might be worth a shot.

Second thought: Maybe VR mode "nohmd" is an option?

LeDude83 likes this.
  5. Luis Branco

Thanks for the suggestion but none of the VR launch options are make any difference for TrackIR use :(

6. JTS

JTS Gamer

I'm really missing the lack of Track IR and the continued lack of comment from the devs is not boding well for this at all.

I'd be happy with some rudimentary support that we can tinker with ourselves if need be. Give us the option to beta test for them.

Nox likes this.
  7. Nox

Nox Gamer

Hello Team Kunos!!!
    Could a developer comment on this, does Track Ir support yes or no?

cr4wl3r0 likes this.
  8. Luis Branco

I'm way, way, way, way (I could write it countless times :D) off my confort zone, but if I had to guess if I'm reading it properly, I would say that UE 4.22 nDisplay allow he use of TrackIR.
    I just don't know enough to know if this is really meaningful to TrackIR support or is just my wishful think working:D.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/Engine/Rendering/nDisplay

9. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Good luck with that.

cr4wl3r0 and Nox like this.
  10. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

To be fair, ACC is a wonderfully involving sim, even without some very eventually welcome features: trackir support, deeper graphical damage modelling, debris, ........ a wonderful blonde on the start grid :)
    Probably the lack of trackir support would be a big evaluation mistake, but I' m ready to try to play without it.
    What I can' t understand is Devs silence about this simple question.
    This silence makes me feel quite disconnected from the Creators, so I ask them to kindly answer............
    Thank you

11. lordpatou

lordpatou Racer

There is an answer, post #2 in this thread.:rolleyes:

12. mister dog

mister dog Hardcore Simmer

"Low priority feature" before there were 11 more pages of people asking for it. Hope priorities changed lol

13. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Been there done that,
    Not only with this thread but with many others, this forum is not for feature requests, improvements ideas, or even basic criticism.

IMHO devs only show up for getting easy points when something is about to be released or to clarify something. How hard would be to be transparent about their priorities? or to just write "ack" in proposal threads? what's the point of forums if devs don't read or react to it? we already have Reddit for that.

I still hang around because I really want this game to success, but boy, they are managing the community so poorly, again, IMO.

Free tip for Kunos: Learn something from Warframe devs and community management.

14. RoccoRacing

RoccoRacing Rookie

234 posts, cmon Kunos, confirm you add it at launch.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

viffviff99 and cr4wl3r0 like this.
  15. vortex19

vortex19 Racer

Still hoping that this is still somewhere in the masterplan as release day approaches.

16. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

If not possible for sure Kunos will keep on trying to implement it. Same for multi display.

17. Psit

Psit Alien

We dont have some basic stuff (imo) for simracers like tripple screen support, mouse while in VR, combined controls, so i wouldnt hold my breath for track IR.
    I have faith but since i bought the game some months ago i havent been able to do a single race.
    I am just stfu'ing and hoping for the best at release, you should do the same.

18. mister dog

mister dog Hardcore Simmer

My Edtracker is ready!

19. Luis Branco

From Natural Point/TrackIR forum (can be good, bad or hopeful, depending how to read it):

KillZoneGB likes this.