1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
    Dismiss Notice

Will be TrackIR supported day one for ACC?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by mkotechno, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Jonnyfilmboy

Jonnyfilmboy Rookie

Wow, no TrackIR? Did they say they would implement it before launch or have they not said anything? I thought I read that they were going to add it later in the development of the game. Seems insane to not include it since it's really easy to implement.

Do you think it's possible that there's a marketing restriction or some financial restriction? Do they have to pay NaturalPoint a portion of the profits from the game? Licensed games are always less profitable because of the license being so expensive and restrictive in terms of content. I wonder if the devs are just trying to maximize profits.

2. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Hardcore Simmer

You could have started by reading the first page of this thread, but still I can say to you that Kunos didn't said it would be supported either before launch or after. Just that it is/was a low priority feature.
    And I very much doubt there are any restrictions whatsoever, other than, as said above, be considered a low priority.

As for the rest of your questions/implied considerations, they have nothing to do with TrackIR support and are completely unfounded.

I’m very much interested in having TrackIR in ACC and I think that, for what I read in this thread, many others are also, probably more than initially anticipated, but, even if I would be much happier to be able to use it already in ACC, you putting questions that imply unfounded considerations, just to vent how unhappy you may be, I think that's completely unreasonable.

3. Jonnyfilmboy

Jonnyfilmboy Rookie

Wow, calm down Luis. I'm just speculating. I never accused anyone of anything and never implied anything. If you knew how easy this implementation was, you too would wonder why it wasn't implemented, even in the last hour before launch. I work in marketing as do members of my family who regularly work with licenses from huge brands and I have first hand knowledge of the very strange restrictions that are often placed and huge expenses involved with licensed products. No need for you to feel the need to stomp on speculation when a promised feature is suddenly not implemented.

4. nohaycuchara

nohaycuchara Rookie

assetto corsa have trackir.........and srs

5. Thx1137

Thx1137 Gamer

And? ACC is a completely different code base using a completely different engine.

UE4 doesn’t support TrackIR so ACC doesn’t either. Of course many of us hope they can work around the engines limitation but the devs have much bigger priorities.

6. warth0g

warth0g Simracer

I experimented with look with wheel today, hoping that it woulda be a TrackIR substitute. It’s not. It confuses me as to where the car is actually pointing plus it started making me queasy. Won’t be trying that again

7. viffviff99

viffviff99 Rookie

In which case, Kunos have just lost a huge portion of their potential audience / customers by building a racing sim using an engine that doesn't support Track IR.

I imagine a lot of people have/are buying ACC on the assumption it supports TrackIR, since AC and virtually every other racing and flying sim does. I think it is only fair that a note is somehow put on the advertising page to the effect that "this product does not currently support TrackIR and support for Triples is niave".

ATM, it is sad that I cannot recommend ACC to others unless they have VR, very wide monitors, or are happy with unrealistic high FOVs.

8. Nox

Nox Gamer

Freetrack headtracking plugin for Unreal Engine 4

and FERNBUS SIMULATOR(Unreal Engine 4.13) supports track ir and right mirrors!!

9. Thx1137

Thx1137 Gamer

That is a plugin, therefor it isn't part of the UE4 engine and not the responsibility of the UE4 team. It is pretty easy to find the UE4 devs position on the subject of incorporating it into the engine.

I read that there is licensing required to incorporate TrackIr, it is one of the UE4 devs stumbling blocks so even though I am sure it is technically feasible, it doesn't mean Kunos can just go and do it, commercial considerations (I wonder how many used it in AC regularly) and licensing limitations can also kill it.

Hopefully when the devs are a little less under the gun they can fill us in on the intentions and put it in the FAQ.

Nox likes this.
  10. Evert G

Evert G Rookie

For me the absence of TrackIR is a big downer. Kartkraft has promised TrackIR implementation and Fernbus already has it so it is not an issue due to the Unreal engine. Looking at the forum, I'd say TrackIR is the most requested feature at the moment.

KillZoneGB and Nox like this.
  11. Nox

Nox Gamer

Come on, Lord Kunos, tell us if and when it comes:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

12. Thx1137

Thx1137 Gamer

Yes, as mentioned many times in this thread games based on UE4 can support it. And is it a surprise that the most requested feature in a “we want track or thread” is... track ir! :)

Now add up the distinction number of user account asking for it and compare it to units sold. There is a reason it is low priority...

13. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

hope they implement it so i can use Real head motion

14. RoccoRacing

RoccoRacing Rookie

293 pages and counting. Any official word, is it on your backlog?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

15. WardogZ

WardogZ Racer

I bought the game right from the start, mainly because of how much fun I had with AC1, the omission of Head Tracking support however, has prevented me from even playing ACC for more than 20mins every couple of months. I don't suppose Kunos care much about that, BUT had I seen clearly in the marketing that Track IR / Head tracking would not be supported, I probably wouldn't have bought it in the first place. I don't know what's happened to Kunos tbh, they just don't seem to be the same developers that garnered so much love and loyalty from fans as they did in AC1, something seems to be missing.

T.Plougholt likes this.
  16. redadeg

redadeg Racer

Missing TrckIR is defenetly an issue...

17. BTL.357

BTL.357 Rookie

Right now Kunos probably have more important things to implement and fix, but I wish they had the time to implement head tracking rather sooner than later, because I really feel awareness impaired on my 16:9 monitor. :cool:

Guessing where corners start and end is no fun at all. :(

viffviff99 and Rhylthusming like this.
  18. tjitah

tjitah Rookie

I did a night time race in the rain and there is a dead spot in the middle of the windscreen where the wipers don't reach, which completely obscured many corners. That combined with the pillars on the sides, made it near impossible to navigate around the track and it was extremely unenjoyable. In real life or with TrackIR, it will only require a slight head movement to see perfectly. TRACKIR IS ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL FOR THIS GAME!

I actually feel so strongly about this that I'm considering refunding on Steam, despite loving almost every other aspect of ACC...

19. Otto_Matix

Otto_Matix Rookie

I don't think if ACC was to implement TrackIR that those who don't want to use would be forced too. If you're not going to use TrackIr don't, this tread is for those who wish to let the DEVs know that there are players who would like to see it.
    I for one use TrackIR in many sims including AC. It would be greatly appreciated by many if the DEVs could add a couple lines of code in the next patch. That's all we ask.

Thank you

20. supanova

supanova Gamer

I think it's time to either implement TrackIR support or to announce that it will not be supported. I don't think it's tenable to continue like this for another six months.