1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
    Dismiss Notice

Will be TrackIR supported day one for ACC?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by mkotechno, Jul 30, 2018.

1. DClark

DClark Rookie

Without TrackIR this game is completely useless imho. Graphics and excellent driving models doesn't matter. A serious racing sim should never be developed without triple screen AND trackir support. This thing here is a complete desaster and a real shame. Using an Engine that doesn't support TIR and triple screen is ridiculous and completely useless for ANY serious racing sim or other sim-genres. I am absolutely disappointed about Kunos and i will stay away from their products in the future if TIR is not supported from the beginning. I really love AC and thank you Kunos for many amazing races in that game, but i can't support you any longer. Long time and no single answer if TIR and triple screen will be supported or not, only that it is low priority. This is a real shame! No words for this.
    This is only my personal opinion, it is just a game and not that important. Anyway i'll never understand.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    WardogZ, Roundlay, Mogster and 4 others like this.
  2. Each time TrackIR is mentioned somewhere, I see tons of people arguing that it's not necessary for some reason or another. The one thing obvious to me, is that these people never tried it, never bothered to set it up properly, or use a completely unrealistic FOV (if they're not using the chase cam, that is!). Otherwise they would know that it's definitely the next best thing after VR.

I've been using TrackIR for years in racing sims, and you can say whatever you want, its lack in a sim is a deal breaker to me. To be honest I bought ACC in pre-release because I assumed it would support it, as AC does, but so far I've only run ACC long enough to check its TrackIR support after each new release. And I won't play it until it supports it. I just can't. With the (correct) FOV I'm using, I can't even see my rear view mirrors.

So Kunos, if you're listening, please add TrackIR support. Thank you!

3. lordpatou

lordpatou Racer

I own à track IR, i used VR during more than a year (AC, iRacing,). I use a 35 FOV and a 34inch screen.
    I could never get used to track IR on sim racing, bought it for flight sim and love it when flying.

So, it seems that my reality is different from yours.
    I'm not saying that track IR is not needed, just that you can't claim yoir thought as an universal truth ;)

Son likes this.
  4. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Hardcore Simmer

I'm still hopeful that TrackIR could make its way on the final stage of the update/patch phase pre-2019 season.
    Surely, the number of people that expressed willing to have TrackIR in ACC, by it self, isn't anything to make heads turn but, in simracing, it rarely ever is, but it's, at the very least, interesting to see that this is a subject that persisted during EA and still remains active after v1.0.

Some users are more motivated than others (myself included) to express their interest, but I've noticed that quite a few reached out, at least once, to let know of their interest in having TrackIR in ACC.
    If TrackIR can be implemented and not very time consuming to do nor causing any issues to other parts of the software, if Kunos would be kind enough to take some of their time, once some available, surely a chunk of the simracers, even if not in big numbers, will be quite happy with it.
    It's like having support for some particular steering wheels, that may be used only by a small part of the simracers, but, its support is very much welcome.

tjr likes this.
  5. tjr

tjr Simracer

+1

6. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Same here, own a trackIR for several years and never get use to it on Simracing, more distracting than effective.
    Any how I would like to try it with ACC, who knows?

7. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

Imho the point is: in simracing you don' t need the same amount of headtracking than in flight sims. For example I usually enable movement only on the horizontal axis when virtually driving a car. Too much freedom in view can be very distracting BUT some degree of head tracking is surely useful also in simracing........so trackir support from ACC would be welcome ....

Philippe Martin likes this.
  8. That's exactly what I meant by "properly set up". My yaw axis curve looks pretty much like a U, my pitch and roll curves are much flatter with a rather wide dead zone, and the other 3 axis are disabled. The result is very smooth and predicable, allowing me to look at apexes and corner exits that just wouldn't be visible otherwise.

cr4wl3r0 and SYBER1AN like this.
  9. mister dog

mister dog Hardcore Simmer

Don't watch this for the lap time as I grabbed this video for track introduction, but it shows off the advantages of head tracking nicely when using a realistic FOV:

Badly needed in ACC! :p

JonnyHoonIt, SYBER1AN, Jempy and 3 others like this.
  10. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Yeah, basically TIR is poorman's VR, less fov, no 3D, but with better resolution.

mister dog likes this.
  11. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

Ok, but someone (me for example) prefers headtracking than VR, so I see nothing wrong supporting both, don' t you ? :)

12. Roundlay

Roundlay Rookie

The game still doesn't support TrackIR/head trackers? VR is basically the trust-fund kid's TrackIR at this point. I hope this sees some love.

13. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Racer

I feel like we don't live on the same planet. Most kids can't afford either TIR or VR, and anyone who can afford TIR can afford VR.

14. Roundlay

Roundlay Rookie

Just kids? I should've put sarcasm tags. I agree with you. Mostly just referring to comments about TrackIR being the poor man's VR, which seems more or less irrelevant to me :)

15. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Racer

Right on! I tried TIR right before rift DK1 landed and like others could not deal with TIR in racing. The way you have to turn your eyes opposite your head was weird to me.
    VR is way better imo, and if you have a pc that will run ACC with TIR you're only 3-4 hundred from sublimeness.

16. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Dude, I opened this thread. ;)

mister dog and cr4wl3r0 like this.
  17. WardogZ

WardogZ Racer

Wow! you really are deluded, as far as this discusion goes, TIR incorporates all sorts of IR head trackers, some home made for pennies, how the hell can you say the above statement ? Anyone can afford IR head tracking, but VR is still hundreds of pounds/euros/dollars in excess of head tracking in terms of cost, and is NOT easily affordable to a lot of people, get your head out of your rear for once.

Jempy and Philippe Martin like this.
  18. tjr

tjr Simracer

Head tracking can be achieved for free...
    It is also WAY friendlier on hardware (no FPS drops) so your base setup doesn't need to cost the earth either.

viffviff99, WardogZ, Jempy and 2 others like this.
  19. Not to mention that you don't need a monster GPU to run TrackIR.

20. Watoh

Watoh Gamer

We want TrackIR, we want TrackIR, we want TrackIR, we want TrackIR. Please? Pretty please with sugar on top.