1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

TrackIR and head tracking discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by KillZoneGB, Mar 9, 2018.

1. iggor

iggor Gamer

its trash to me because i wont play it...ive said many times in this topic the game rocks..but i wont be playing it if there is no trackir support,,as all the latest games support it and if i knew this i would not have got it..if you read my post from way back you would understand

2. John Caetano

John Caetano Racer

I see, i misunderstood the context of the word. I thought you were saying the game itself was bad but now i understand that to you it will not be enjoyable. Sorry for the confusion...

3. iggor

iggor Gamer

all good..i dont think anyone could say this game is trash..but then again so many people talk trash about games alot about nothing

4. Alfie57

Alfie57 Rookie

I will not beg for TrackIR, but I will not reccommend or play it without. Why do we have to beg for a common future implemented in every sim? Even games that are not labeled as sim. Why not a word from any Dev to be honest about this simple question: Will it be implemented or not? I can handle every answer don't treath us like children with "no priority"or "Maybe"

5. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Maybe because, for now they don't know more than "maybe" and it's for now a low priority.

Typer likes this.
  6. Tebb

Tebb Rookie

+1 NEED TRACKIR support please!!! Just purchased ACC, and was bitterly dissapointed to realise my TrackIR wasn't working in game. Absolute must-have for immersion.

Cornflex likes this.
  7. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

8. =A.S=

=A.S= Rookie

Track IR support = buy ACC
    No support = no buy ACC

simple for us.

We are (there are many) from flight simulations for whom Track IR is crucial.
    Some prefer good screens and head tracking rather than VR.

9. sheepster

sheepster Rookie

I use a projector and head tracking which I found is a great solution.

In AC, especially for sharp turns or looking at the mirrors, I find it is crucial.
    After a few laps in ACC, not being able to look into the turns, I decided to wait and see if there will be TrackIR support added.

Otherwise I will probably not play it again. Unless someone gives me a VR-Headset and a VR-capable PC as a present, which can be doubted.

10. Doug Roberts

Doug Roberts Rookie

I think Trackir needs to be implemented into ACC, my reason, NOT everyone can afford VR, I also believe it would be easier to implement then VR. And I won't buy ACC without Trackir.

11. Evert G

Evert G Rookie

I'd like to see TrackIR please. I've tried VR and decided against it for several reason and use an 49" 32:9 with TrackIR. To each their own and fine if VR works for others but TrackIR is not a great effort to implement and has a committed user base too. It certainly puts me off ACC when rF2, R3E, AMS (and Reiza19?), iRacing, PC2, Dirt series etc. all have the feature. ACC really stands out as an exception.

cr4wl3r0, KillZoneGB and Luis Branco like this.
  12. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Deleted (wrong thread)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  13. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

After more than 4 month of works at home I finally was able to try ACC and for sure what I notice the most is the lack of TrackIR.

I’m using 32 FOV and I’m unable to see any car mirrors, the AI red position arrows doesn’t help enough to have a good perception of where the other cars are, plus it’s quite tricky to point the car to the apex on the narrower corners.
    This make ACC somewhat frustrating, as all together impact both driving and racing ability.

I honestly don’t remember the last time I drove a sim without TrackIR and surely it will be very welcome to have TrackIR supported plus, for all using TrackIR, a much needed feature, both for immersion as well for fully enjoying racing in ACC.

Cornflex, Kefuddle and flyingpig like this.
  14. Kefuddle

Kefuddle Racer

Same. There are only three ways to take a simming super seriously. Tripple screen (no space), VR (hate VR) and TrackIR/Headtrack (perfect solution IMHO).

franck44 and Octane like this.
  15. Shooter80

Shooter80 Racer

I agree, stuck with a single viewpoint from a single screen its not a simulation of driving, its just another racing game.

Triple screen - No support (have to put up with weird super-distorted view)
    VR - No Lock To Horizon (car is static, whole world shakes instead)
    TrackIR/Headtrack - No Support

And no official word that any of them will ever be implemented, ever. Instead we get a load of gimmicks like elaborate 'ratings' and pointless weather/conditions.

Its almost like Kunos subcontracted the development of ACC to Codemasters or Turn10.

16. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

There are lot's of other sims you can play if what you have now is not enought. Come back in some few month and we will see.

17. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Well, some things are manageable and doesn’t interfere much with driving while others do really have a tangible influence.
    For us, the lack of TrackIR support is very noticeable and does really influence how we drive and race. If that was not was the case for sure we wouldn’t use TrackIR in first place.

For instance, suppose a game without support for multiple usb controllers (steering wheel and pedals connected to different usb ports), and you do use controllers connected to different usb ports. For sure that would influence immensely how you could experience that game.

18. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

I understand your point of view. I think that track IR owner are not so many (i own one myself), so for now as a dev point of view, better focus on essentials features, then when evrything works as designe take care of thoses features for minorities.
    I understand it can be frustrating.

19. franck44

franck44 Rookie

If you play seriously the track ir is essential with a single screen in assetto competition
    The 3 screen I ve no place with 27"screen
    For vr the definition is bad and you ll have a headache
    The track ir is the best compremise
    I hope seriously it will be Add to next development
    Thanks for customers who has supported development since asseto corsa

20. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

That is your point of view.
    And i do not agree, and it's my point of view, i own a track Ir and never get used to it in racing game (but a must have for me in flght sim).
    I also own a Occulus Rift. And for now i play on my single screen like before. And it's ok for me.
    I think the majority of the customers play with single screen , that's why for now dev are focusing on this part of the game, and there is a lot a work to be done.
    I really hope they give us, track IR support, and better optimisation for VR user, but now, it's a fact that it's not a priority.
    People can ask for track ir support, again and again, they won't make it top on the to do list.