1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

Will be TrackIR supported day one for ACC?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by mkotechno, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Hardcore Simmer

After more than 4 month of works at home I finally was able to try ACC and for sure what I notice the most is the lack of TrackIR.

I’m using 32 FOV and I’m unable to see any car mirrors, the AI red position arrows doesn’t help enough to have a good perception of where the other cars are, plus it’s quite tricky to point the car to the apex on the narrower corners.
    This make ACC somewhat frustrating, as all together impact both driving and racing ability.

I honestly don’t remember the last time I drove a sim without TrackIR and surely it will be very welcome to have TrackIR supported plus, for all using TrackIR, a much needed feature, both for immersion as well for fully enjoying racing in ACC.

Cornflex, Kefuddle and flyingpig like this.
  2. Kefuddle

Kefuddle Rookie

Same. There are only three ways to take a simming super seriously. Tripple screen (no space), VR (hate VR) and TrackIR/Headtrack (perfect solution IMHO).

franck44 and Octane like this.
  3. Skunk0001

Skunk0001 Rookie

I agree, stuck with a single viewpoint from a single screen its not a simulation of driving, its just another racing game.

Triple screen - No support (have to put up with weird super-distorted view)
    VR - No Lock To Horizon (car is static, whole world shakes instead)
    TrackIR/Headtrack - No Support

And no official word that any of them will ever be implemented, ever. Instead we get a load of gimmicks like elaborate 'ratings' and pointless weather/conditions.

Its almost like Kunos subcontracted the development of ACC to Codemasters or Turn10.

4. lordpatou

lordpatou Racer

There are lot's of other sims you can play if what you have now is not enought. Come back in some few month and we will see.

5. Luis Branco

Well, some things are manageable and doesn’t interfere much with driving while others do really have a tangible influence.
    For us, the lack of TrackIR support is very noticeable and does really influence how we drive and race. If that was not was the case for sure we wouldn’t use TrackIR in first place.

For instance, suppose a game without support for multiple usb controllers (steering wheel and pedals connected to different usb ports), and you do use controllers connected to different usb ports. For sure that would influence immensely how you could experience that game.

6. lordpatou

lordpatou Racer

I understand your point of view. I think that track IR owner are not so many (i own one myself), so for now as a dev point of view, better focus on essentials features, then when evrything works as designe take care of thoses features for minorities.
    I understand it can be frustrating.

7. franck44

franck44 Rookie

If you play seriously the track ir is essential with a single screen in assetto competition
    The 3 screen I ve no place with 27"screen
    For vr the definition is bad and you ll have a headache
    The track ir is the best compremise
    I hope seriously it will be Add to next development
    Thanks for customers who has supported development since asseto corsa

8. lordpatou

lordpatou Racer

That is your point of view.
    And i do not agree, and it's my point of view, i own a track Ir and never get used to it in racing game (but a must have for me in flght sim).
    I also own a Occulus Rift. And for now i play on my single screen like before. And it's ok for me.
    I think the majority of the customers play with single screen , that's why for now dev are focusing on this part of the game, and there is a lot a work to be done.
    I really hope they give us, track IR support, and better optimisation for VR user, but now, it's a fact that it's not a priority.
    People can ask for track ir support, again and again, they won't make it top on the to do list.

9. iggor

iggor Gamer

same same ..keep thread alive

10. Fernando Zart

Fernando Zart Rookie

Well, I too use TrackIR since forever, and it never crossed my mind for a split second the idea of ACC not supporting it, because AC does. I bought ACC right at the start to support the development of the new title, and I also have bought all AC content to date. To me, it was just a feature that would be implemented down the road, before launch, something so obvious like "ACC will support wheels/pedals".
    Although we don't know yet, all this talking about the lack of TIR, the already implemented VR in EA (I would expect VR support after TIR), and the absolute silence of the devs about the matter is starting to worry me... specially if (thinking now) I take into consideration that TIR games need to have a "signature", and AC uses the signature of another game (Flaming Cliffs), which *may* really indicate a total lack of interest about tracking devices outside VR realm. If that's really the case, and the devs doesn't plan to support it before launch, they should have stated it explicitly to avoid to fool people into buying ACC (like I did) expecting it to be TIR enabled.

It's still EA, so there's hope. Oh, and by the way, I use TIR with 21:9 screen, so TIR serves well to people with ultrawide or even triples.

Octane likes this.
  11. Luis Branco

Strangely I never noticed AC signature but, in Natural Point TrackIR page https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir one of the featured games in the main page is Assetto Corsa, which, at the very least, shows a good relationship between Kunos and Natural Point.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  12. Fernando Zart

Fernando Zart Rookie

Yes Luis, it is listed as supported, but AC doesn't have his own signature, which forces (at least me) to "share" the profile between these two games. Now it would be nice if someone else using TIR could confirm this (maybe it's just my install?). Eons ago I asked something similar to devs but never got an answer. So far, I'm glad that DCS doesn't use the Flaming Cliffs signature, because I own both AC and DCS and the profiles are way different. :)

13. Luis Branco

I'll check it tonight and let you know my findings.;)

14. Luis Branco

I already had forgotten that AC doesn't use the correct ID for the title.
    Assetto Corsa has full TrackIR support with all 6 degrees of freedom but for some reason the ID wasn't updated for the correct title. That's the only reason why it isn't in TrackIR titles list.

I believe that was something due with AC Early Access and TrackIR initial support that initially was linked to Lock On ID, for titles list purpose, but the ID wasn't updated to the correct game title.
    Nevertheless, Assetto Corsa is surely supported by Natural Point as well in the other direction around, with TrackIR being supported by Kunos. The confirmation is in Natural Point site games list http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/games/
    Furthermore, the devs showed much willing to support TrackIR when AC v 1.3 had something "broken" in the 64bit version that prevented the use of TrackIR (32bit unaffected).
    At the time Kunos solved the issue and TrackIR was supported soon after also in 64bit.

Fernando Zart likes this.
  15. Fernando Zart

Fernando Zart Rookie

That's the thing that makes me believe that we will have TIR support before launch. It simply doesn't make sense not having it, since AC and all other main titles have it (and it is a well established standard on market today).
    So far, I've been trying to test the EA without it, but it is only to check if basic things aren't broken, like menus, sounds, cars on track, collisions, etc. I completely forgot how to play racing titles without head tracking. Did two races on Paul Ricard to check AI, but it was difficult to hit apexes and get good lines.

16. Jempy

Jempy Simracer

For the moment, I finally found the only possibility to drive +- in a rather "realistic" view .... after many trials without being +- satisfied or disappointed.

And I wonder if this problem is not worse with a single 21/9 screen..... making the view too narrow vertically between the dashboard and the non transparent black banner.
    and maybe a mistaken horizontal fov in relation with the initial vertical Fov settings for 21/9 screens.

Playseat Challenge with G27 ... the 21/9 29" screen is just 10 cm behind the back of the G27 wheel ( thanks to a mural support ) .... the only suitable view without TrackIr for now is ... Dashcam view.
    FOV at 35 and good seat settings. .... no possible view at the instruments ... but finally the visual balance between the car and the track width seems much more correct .... and finally a rather correct and good view of the track to be able to drive decently.

Temporary solution, which now will allow me not to wait for the next build to be able to go further into the ACC discovery ( better late than never or within a few months ).

If it may help the usual TrackIR user until it gets implemented .... try it by yourself. ..... it's surely better than drive sitting on the car hood ( which I never tried IRL ! :D ).

That doesn't change my meaning of course that TrackIR needs to be supported.

17. DClark

DClark Rookie

It's a shame that TIR is not supported to date. No modern serious racing sim should be ready for early access without head tracking-support. They lose so much people for development input and testing. I will never understand why this point is low-priority, i really don't get it. If we talk about the development of need for speed, i would say okay, but in case of a racing sim? Come on...

18. flyingpig

flyingpig Hardcore Simmer

Did a couple of laps just after the last release (someone reported PR had nasty aliasing between the blue grip lines and the tarmac). Didn't notice any obvious problems with that here, and closed ACC. I just can't get a single bit of enjoyment driving around with a static view straight out the front window. Still waiting.

Cornflex likes this.
  19. iggor

iggor Gamer

yep ..just keep the thread alive and hopefully realising this is one of the biggest threads .they decide to support this for us..as there are alot of people that will be so happy if this is supported ATM im not to happy :(

20. Roundlay

Roundlay Rookie

Agreed. It would be nice to have head tracking early on for testing.

Have any devs commented on reasons for its omission? Is implementing head tracking difficult in Unreal 4 or something?