1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

Will be TrackIR supported day one for ACC?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by mkotechno, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Hardcore Simmer

From what I was able to gather, for TrackIR to work with UE4 it requires to write a C++ plugin for TrackIR.
    For what I understand (probably not accurate, as most of the forums I checked are at least 1 years old, didn't find anything dated from 2018), once the developers have the TrackIR tracker SDK (that I think it's free for developers), they have to write such plugin.

Roundlay likes this.
  2. viffviff99

viffviff99 Rookie

Was so excited to get ACC, I just assumed it would have TrackIR (I actually use OpenTrack) since AC supports it so well .... so was gutted to discover it doesn't. I've given up trying to play ACC without head-tracking.... and honestly would not recommend the game to anyone without a 3-screen set up or VR - which limits the potential market for ACC by a huge margin. TrackIR makes racing sims worthwhile for those of us without the luxury of 3-screens or VR. To say 'VR is the future' is to disown a very large portion of the potential customer base. For me, TrackIR/OpentTrack support has to be a priority. I've gone back to playing PC2 (yes, I know...) until ACC gets TrackIR support. If ACC doesn't support TrackIR, I can't see me ever using ACC, no matter how good the physics / graphics / multiplayer etc... will be. ACC now sits unused, and I keep watching the release notes in hope...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    KillZoneGB likes this.
  3. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Good decision..luckily it is not finished product so people can chose to come back later. And nobody is forcing us to help the developers test the game and servers etc.

mr Switchblade likes this.
  4. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

I totally agree with you Viff,

My TrackClip wire snapped in too a couple of months ago, felt lost and void.

So I was trying to source someone to connect it together.
    shame my eyesight and better lack of a soldering iron preventing me from fixing it my self.
    (don't you love diabetes)

So I decided to save up for a Leveno explore the mixed reality headset.
    I took a punt in the black Friday sales and purchased one for £150 with motion controllers.
    Lucky for me, my system works well with it.

So far I've tested in PC2 (man the 3d pops out(Downsampling)), about to try some American and Euro Truck simulator2.

Still got my TrackIR and one day I might find someone to fix the leed.
    For a rest day that I just want to use my TV+TrackIR than VR.

It`s as you say "TrackIR makes racing sims worthwhile for those of us without the luxury of 3-screens or VR."

Anyhoo.....

I don't know if Vincent still works for NaturalPoint it's been years since I spoke to him. when I was developing for MS Combat Flight Simulator3.
    But I`m sure they will love to support this sim/game.

5. Jonnyfilmboy

Jonnyfilmboy Rookie

Just bought the game about an hour ago. I tried played for 47 minutes before giving up and googling whether or not TIR was supported. Really sad to not see TrackIR supported yet. Hopefully it will be. I googled to see if UE supports TrackIR and it does. Anyway, I probably won't return the the game just yet. But I won't play it w/o TIR support. It's a limited game as it is so far.

I do wish the rain light blinked though. I've not seen one IRL that doesn't. Also, I need a steering wheel with more than 11 buttons apparently. Looking forward to seeing how this game develops. Official racing series licensed games are usually pretty crappy. Hope this one isn't.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  6. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Welcome Feint.. for a second i thought i opened BI forums seeing the profile photo :D Big fan of Arma 3 mods you made

Track IR will probabbly arive due time people here are just pushing it to hard ...devs have designed roadmap and they are sticking to it.. 3rd month and not a single delay etc. Original Assetto Corsa had Track IR and great VR this game got VR in release 2 still messy but should be sorted out.

Rain Light on GT3 cars do not blink from footage i just watched only when pit limiter is on. On F1 cars they do.

As for the wheel with buttons we all strugle there :D Lucklly with my G27 i have H shifter with additional buttons but. i will point you to some cool mod that you can instal on your phone and use it as a button box sort of :)
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/dirtys-acc-grid-for-roccat-powergrid.23439/

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    Jonnyfilmboy likes this.
  7. Jempy

Jempy Simracer

In fact, I'm driving with a G27 ... but recently added a Thrustmaster TH8.
    I finally kept the G27 shifter plugged at the wheel in order to keep .... 8 buttons and the pod.

It was a real challenge to keep it in on a Playseat .... Challenge :D.... but it's working finally ! ;)

D.Jankovic likes this.
  8. Jonnyfilmboy

Jonnyfilmboy Rookie

Aww, thanks very much. I appreciate the kind words. I think you're right about the rain light not blinking on certain race series. Perhaps in the Blancpain GT Series they don't blink. I was just watching World Endurance Racing (6 hours of Fuji and the 6 Hours of Shanghai) and their rain lights blink. Must be a regulation thing. Honestly, I guess it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I love the immersion they are going for with the high and low beams, etc. And you know I'm all about the details. Thanks again.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  9. flyingpig

flyingpig Hardcore Simmer

Still waiting for that TrackIR sim standard to make an appearance. I know well there's priorities, but without having TrackIR supported, I'd have to completely uninstall my TrackIR software to allow me to simply look out to the sides and behind on track in ACC. There is no way I can even attempt joining a multiplayer server without proper visualisation of those around me, so I'm stuck in single player with the terrible ai (looking out the front window only mode). Not the best simracing experience ever. I use TrackIR religiously in Arma 3 (welcome aboard Feint(and thanks for many good mods)) , AC, and various flight sims (and I'm sure many of the rest of you do too).

VR was definitely a thing to cover early on in development, but very much so is TrackIR. The difference is, when TrackIR is in, it's in - no further tweaking needed. At the end of the day it's not anything more than a controller SDK. VR needs controller, scale, visuals (vs fps), tweaks to gfx again and again, etc...

We're not asking for much here, just the standard TrackIR SDK integration. Once it's there, it's there and we can enjoy the new sim as much as anyone. Various other head tracker solutions that also run from TrackIR base can also benefit.

10. viffviff99

viffviff99 Rookie

Well summed up. And I completely agree.

I think the ACC builds should come with a warning in the release notes: "Track IR not yet supported". I would have stayed away for now had I known... If the final release doesn't support TrackIR (and the other similar systems) then frankly I've wasted my money (imo)....

Jim Carryballs likes this.
  11. vortex19

vortex19 Racer

The devs haven't said it won't be supported so I think we've just got to keep our fingers crossed that it will be there in the release version.

12. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Gamer

jesus calm down dudes...
    they got more to do (and more important stuff).
    i got trackIR too and it will be a help maybe when triple is not running but im not into panic mode and complain every day about it...
    at the moment i got my feeling back for single screen driving.
    when you learn the track a little bit and try to setup the seatposition a little its ok.
    not perfect, but ok.

mr Switchblade likes this.
  13. viffviff99

viffviff99 Rookie

I am calm.... now that I've given up on trying to drive ACC without TrackIR...

I'm afraid I don't have the skill/technique for single-monitor driving in multiplayer... I wouldn't want to inflict my poor spacial awareness on other drivers.. I sympathise with them having a lot to do recoding and debugging. It would be nice to get some reassurance from the devs that they are considering (without commitment) integrating Track IR at some stage, even post-1.0.

SkinnyCyclist likes this.
  14. Cornflex

Cornflex Rookie

Yes please. Add trackir support to ACC.:)

15. Carl Roberts

Carl Roberts Rookie

im a fan of your product and have supported your game unfinished pls take the time to implement track ir I know there are plentyof customers that will be pleased if you do

16. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

you supported Early Access game as we all know ;) not unfinished game and maybe a bit of patience does not hurt.

sps_for_race likes this.
  17. Fernando Zart

Fernando Zart Rookie

Felt cheated to know that TIR will not be supported from day one. I took it for granted (TIR support) right from the start, not even bothering thinking this couldn't be true. Should've researched better.
    Of course I bought ACC intending to test the game while it was being developed (and also because I'm a huge AC fan), and of course expected the first builds to not support TIR, but knowing that it is not in the roadmap priorities for launch (day one) is really sad. I just can't drive without TIR anymore, so my attempts to test ACC went south very quickly.
    I can't return the game anymore, but I would if I have known this before. A proper sim who emulates things in 3d world without head tracking is a no-go. VR isn't everything, specially for those who likes high def and runs a lot of button boxes/cockpit. Also, I will not be able to jump into VR bandwagon due to eyesight problems, so ACC seems to be dead in the water to me. Just hoping 2019 proves me wrong.

SkinnyCyclist likes this.
  18. cr4wl3r0

cr4wl3r0 Racer

Me too feeling exactly the same ......
    Kind of strange ACC (Devs) does not support TIR................

19. iggor

iggor Gamer

STILL WANT TYRACKIR SUPPORT..PLEASE

20. warth0g

warth0g Racer

+1 for trackir support

I can appreciate that the devs might consider that supporting trackir is low priority because “the future is vr” but in my case, I don’t think it is.

I dabbled with VR and bought a Lenovo Explorer which works very well in RaceRoom for example. However, I barely use it. It makes me queasy (although it’s getting better), the resolution and SDE are irritating and it’s not as quick to hop in and race.

I’m seriously considering a 49” super ultra wide monitor with trackir which I think would be the best of both worlds. It also allows me to see my button box and in future, the Mclaren wheel that I’ll be getting.

Ultra wide plus head tracking is a really viable alternative for those who haven’t been converted to VR so would love to see support in ACC which in other respects is I think the gold standard currently in simracing.

mister dog likes this.