1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Will console users be able to play online against PC users?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Slanky, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Slanky

Slanky Rookie

I own PC, my friend owns PS4, can we race each other on same servers?

BattleBear3000 and Kalamede like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Suggestions Block PC users from Console Lounge .... Aug 27, 2016
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Will it get cross party not just cross play on consoles? Mar 23, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions consoles up now Jan 1, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Console VS PC - lap times Dec 16, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Shadows in mirror is console exclusive ??? Nov 15, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How much revenue do console sales generate and why is console so badly supported? Jul 3, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions v1.9 update, 2023 DLC hits consoles this month Jun 20, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Online Server admin commands console May 30, 2023
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues My Console Controllers are being detected as a wheel Dec 29, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions probable price sales during the Christmas holidays on consoles ? Dec 7, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Setups: console Vs PC Nov 13, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Console Update 1.8.2.2 Oct 14, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Console update 1.8.1 Oct 11, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Interested in getting a copy also on console, but is telemetry data saved somehow? Jul 12, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Keyboard and mouse support for ps5/consoles Jun 14, 2022

3. No. Maybe someday though.

Kalamede likes this.
  4. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

100% no because it would hold up development by around a month for each update on pc while sony/microsoft doing the screening on patches.

esox71 likes this.
  5. Slanky

Slanky Rookie

Thanks for bad news :eek:

6. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

Also, i think there was talk about a PC/Xbox crossover many years ago, but it never came to light because many PCs had that much of a edge over the Xbox users that they would just get destroyed every time.

Like the PC users had some kind of cheating lag switch to get a clean pass! lol

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Do you mean the rumours about when they tried cs:go on ps3(?) and pc in the beta? According to valve it wasnt possible because of the patches (just like people say in this thread). On the other hand can I understand that people with a controller cant really be competitive against a mouse/keyboard user in a fps game even if some people are good with a gamepad too.
    I wouldnt mind racing against people on console though since they can use pretty much the same hardware as we do on pc.

8. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

I would`ve thought there were too many variables in hardware on PCs for it to be viable, unless they can throttle that hardware via software to a reasonable level for use against consoles.

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im not sure how it works tbh.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/03/05/cross-platform-play-cut-from-counter-strike-go
    I stopped playing before GO came out so I didnt really follow the development.

10. liquido

liquido Gamer

I belive War Thunder players from diferent platforms share the same servers, at least that is what they say.... If they make it posible on a flight videogame I don't see why Kunos can't do the same with assetto corsa... in my experience online mode needs more people, so it will be nice to se more servers full than servers empty.

http://www.develop-online.net/news/...ross-platform-play-between-ps4-and-pc/0193741

Slanky and Alby like this.
  11. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Hardcore Simmer

Not only that but also making Microsoft and Sony online services talk to each other would be a first :) , eventually XBone and PC would be feasible but even that is a pain....

12. liquido

liquido Gamer

I didn't get it until now.... War Thunder is not available for Xbox one.... you only share servers with PS4 player, understood.

13. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

It's possible, but I believe Kunos said they did not want to do it. FFXIV is cross platform across PC, PS4, and PS3. The PC and PS4 players hate the PS3 because the developers have constantly blamed the PS3 limitations for not adding certain features. I don't think there are any instances of Xbox and PS doing cross platform.

14. SeeNoWeevil

SeeNoWeevil Gamer

The larger player pool is a big plus of cross-platform play. Especially with games in somewhat niche genres (SFV being a recent example) Big player pool, easier to find equally skilled opponents. It would hold up updates though.

15. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

No it wouldn't. There isn't only one type of server in this game with only vanilla cars. There would always be PC only servers for mods and there would be no reason to delay for console when there is already a separation present. Regardless, it's not something that's going to happen as no games have cross server with Xbox and PS4.

16. @Eugor,

You're ignoring games like Rocket League that are available for all three platforms yet still allow cross-play between PS4 and PC. It seems MS are the ones holding up full cross platform play, but that doesn't mean PC-PS4 is impossible.

Saying that, with it's already fragmented multiplayer base due to mods, I don't think AC is the ideal candidate for cross-platform at this current time.

esox71 likes this.
  17. AurusCE

AurusCE Racer

SvenUilhoorn likes this.
  18. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Slanky likes this.
  19. mewle

mewle Gamer

20. AurusCE

AurusCE Racer

Sony and Microsoft.

21. mewle

mewle Gamer

Well from recent developments, Microsoft have reached out to "other developers" to push for cross platform multiplayer.
    Sony responded by saying they have done it since PS2 on certain titles.

Hopefully devs will jump on this as a way to unify their customer bases and simplify(to an extent) their community interactions.
    It can't be a benefit for devs to split their efforts because of multiple platforms or hand off to a third party dev for porting etc.

Surely with consoles more like PCs than ever before(albeit underpowered AMD systems*) this is on the horizon as a common sense move, no?

*not slating AMD. just stating they are AMD based systems that happen to be pretty weak on specs

AurusCE likes this.