1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Will console users be able to play online against PC users?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Slanky, Feb 15, 2016.

1. spadulator

spadulator Rookie

PC and PS4 players are happily playing together :)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeag...y_do_pc_players_and_ps4_players_have_so_much/

This console cycle should be great for pc gamers because xbox one and ps4 cpus will force more and more devs to implement multithreaded, low latency engines.

I've built my current pc with that in mind (e5-2650 cpu) but it didn't work out so well for VR so I had to switch to i7 in the end.

Knowing the hardware can work wonders when optimising games (I'd be interested to try running gta 5 with xbox 360 spec pc):
    http://www.tweaktown.com/news/50678...nvr-60-more-powerful-pc-equivalent/index.html

2. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

in the case of AC it would be horrible for development

3. spadulator

spadulator Rookie

Why?
    Surely you'd like to see a bit more % of your cpu used when playing games?

4. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

microsoft and sony both have screening before patches(from experience in early-mid 2015, it might have changed now), which means you have to wait for a while before a patch can come out, this means things like fixes just after a patch will stay there for a while, large patches will have to wait which means shorter deadlines.

For example kunos expect their next big update to come out on May 18th, kunos and their respective testers have up to around two weeks before the 18th to get everything in working order. (serverside stuff isnt effected)

14 days is a long time and lot can be changed, especially when a game can be modded people will find problems and we have grown accustomed to those problems being fixed quickly.

Devs that patch quickly get a lot of happy people behind them, kunos, the single guy behind stardew valley etc etc

On the other hand games can get hampered down due to patches coming out on three platforms at the same time, look at how long it took fallout 4 to get its first patch which was a gamebreaking issue where the screen would go white, it was a simple fix in a .ini file. Same can be said about early Battlefield 4, Black ops 3. the list goes on.

One of the worst things a dev can do is give something great and then take it away, a kid can live without TV and games but take that away from a kid that has had both for a year and they will be miserable and bored. Thats the problem with raising the bar, you cant lower it afterthat

Of course the situation may have changed at some point im not sure, some games work well, others dont.

5. spadulator

spadulator Rookie

I'm not sure if console manufacturers do any kid of testing of PC versions of any game.

if you're talking about time spent working on console version instead of pc, then I agree, but hopefully additional sales will allow for more developers and hopefully more content...

6. mattialimont

mattialimont Gamer

I hope not, beacuse Playstation and Xbox players are casual gamers that think about AC as the next Gran Turismo. I don't want 13yrs old kids with headset to ruin my races going backward in the middle of the road laughing. Pc is for sim drivers, PS is for casual gamer mostly. Let's keep'em splitted

Rodolfo likes this.
  7. esox71

esox71 Alien

That's just not true at all, The blacklist for multiplayer is huge on PC, It's on steam, which every kid on the planet with a PC has.

kofotsjanne and mattialimont like this.
  8. Caesura

Caesura Rookie

Why do assertions and reactions like this persist?

Along with terms like 'simcade', I don't have much time for labels like casual or – especially – serious (it's games, for goodness sake!).

It's particularly silly for me and many, many other players that I've known for years. My time with games goes all the way back to the '70s and I've bought or happily played because of the games rather than the platform they were on. Even as far back as the 16-bit days when I had a computer and multiple consoles, I longed for a more interesting simulation style of game. Expectations were different before then but I wanted depth in console racing games much more in later years when 3D was the norm and the hardware was clearly capable of more than nice visuals.

I could relay tales of ridiculous driving on any platform or game (think: 'Demolition Derby'!). I've also had some of the fairest racing on consoles, which obviously doesn't mean that PC-based racing is bad! Either can be great... or terrible!

Partly because of working with computers during the day, a lot of guys I know on forums want nothing to do with PCs when they're at home. For others, it is a matter of budget or the ease of use of consoles. However, they have shown year after year that whatever the system, they do want convincing and entertaining racing games (or sims, if you like) on their consoles. In terms of age within my gaming circle, that's been true of people in their teens and just short of 50 years old. Some have recently moved to the PC for the first time, others have gone to the PS4 after years as Xbox players and a number have a PC and at least one of the consoles. The multi-format gamers will buy copies on each format to have access to the 'best' version and the most popular community, which might mean the PC for better graphics and a console for the racing. Even the console-only players watch what's happening on PC.

They all have one thing in common: every one of them is always looking for that next step up.

Short version: whatever our age, we'll be wherever the racing's good! We don't need a 1000-car garage either! :)

9. alex72

alex72 Alien

To be fair though spending big money on gear just for simracing and/or adhering to strict rules/schedules regarding leagues/races means you take the activity seriously. Its not that games are "serious", but the activity of simracing, in this case. Driving races on schedules online for hours without leaving in the middle of it. Spending thousands of dollars to build sim pits means you take the activity seriously. It becomes a hobby rather than just some leisure time spent on gaming. The game in itself isnt "serious" business. But the activity around it can be. ;) If you would be casual about it you probably just pick up your gamepad and do some Quick races. Nothing wrong with that. We are all different. And in the end console players can buy great wheels as well and be equally serious.

Im not sure if SimRacingSystems work for console players(?), but if it does, and if they can join PC MP, then we can all just join SRS or use @Minolin "minorated servers" and thus be rated racers. That way you get into races with equally clean drivers.

Info:
    SimRacingSystems: http://www.simracingsystem.com/index.php
    MinoRating: http://www.minorating.com/Project

10. Stingbut89

Stingbut89 Rookie

I would have to say no mainly because all the console lovers will buy one no matter what. I mean do you remember how fast the 360 sold?

11. gixerman1277

gixerman1277 Rookie

Strongly disagree, console I personally have a dedicated rig wheel, button box, e brake, clark transducersetc etc and play seriously as well as casually on consoles. I like having it on the 92" screen I also have a workstation with multiple monitors, but I use it mainly for business. I like to keep the 2 separate as much as possible. The elitist thing is a bit ridiculous in this day and age. I find good players in both realms, and I find more jerks who do not want to "race" in both as well. I do not discriminate any format personally, they all have advantages and disadvantages. Narrowing the scope and focus of a player base usually results in the game going away.

12. gixerman1277

gixerman1277 Rookie

AWESOME POST by the way ;)

13. vreynaud

vreynaud Rookie

Reviving old thread since I could not find a recent definite answer and I can't post new one...
    To reiterate/update the question: I am on Xbox and play with my friends, thinking of moving to PC to have additional features and allowing better hardware (pedals, triples etc)
    Question: will I still be able to play with and see my Xbox friends ?
    TIA

14. It depends on what type of game you are playing. Few games allow this feature. Both players have advantages and disadvantages during their play.