1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Will there be a Matchmaking and Punishment System?[+Poll]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Deh, Mar 14, 2014.

?

Dou you like the idea of a punishment system?

1. Yes

67.8%
  2. No

17.4%
  3. Yes but optional/customizable

14.8%
  1. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Do you have any idea how many people still play rFactor? Do you have any doubt that this is the best online racing system? IMHO iRacing system sucks, so why complicate things when they can keep it simple?

Nuk3m and Shaddix like this.
  2. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

Dude like, I've been reading your posts. And 99% of them are just daft. The other 1% are you being hostile.
    I don't even know where to start.... you contradict yourself, you write the same thing as I have written, just make it sound like I haven't... You've quoted one part of my post, and than written something completely irrelevant. I just....

But to *Try* to reply to you; I agree... (with myself?) that rfactor still has tons of people. Exactly Because there is no central punishment system. Because every forum and every server can make their rules.

Nuk3m and Rui Santos like this.
  3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Lol, i just don't get why you say AC will never have such a strong central community like iRacing... ??? But agree with the last part of your last comment ;)

4. Pete Jones

Pete Jones Gamer

I just hope that Kunos take their time, take a good look at the existing online models and then take the best positives and learn from them all. Penalty systems are not usually the problem in my experience, it's getting the masses to accept them that' a pain. However, the right thing is being done here in the discussion because after all this is 'our simulator' right? Therefore we should be attempting to get to an majority decision as to what we would like. After all I think the team at Kunos would be very grateful for a steer (no pun intended) as to what we would like to do on future MP servers!

5. plaid

plaid Alien

If its like the tailgating scene from Lost Highway (youtube) I DEFINITLY want it!

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Rfactor 1 was ok 2 is such a joke not due to penalties but with all the tracks you need just to race one you already have, then there are dozens of versions of each track so you need them all installed to make sure you can join most servers. Then after all that you get the pleasure of joining a very busy server AKA more then just you on a track that looks like a dragstrip because all the low grip physics defenders only drive on fully rubberized drag strips so they can keep it on track.

I sure hope there is not stupid 20 tracks on a server that you need just to race the current one, re penalties and punishment best is to be faster then the wreckers and be careful when lapping. Otherwise just drive as clean as you can and hope others do too, if things are a mess you will need to go the private server route but I really would like a busy online community and will gladly race open servers if it is racing what I want. I find if you show others respect they will tend to do the same, others treat like the beta AI and just give them a bit more room.

Rui Santos likes this.
  7. Nuk3m

Nuk3m Rookie

I hope they make it like rfactor ... so each league can host and set their server ...

xrider55 and Rui Santos like this.
  8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

There will be dedicated servers most likely, here is a screen grab of the Online section currently greyed out. Refreshing didnt find any of their test servers :mad:

online.JPG

Here is the race weekend too ;)

race weekend.JPG

Nuk3m and speedbee like this.
  9. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph I'm watching you ! Staff Member

I did it for you.

Deh likes this.
  10. -=-Flyaxl-=-

-=-Flyaxl-=- Rookie

i think Something like a punishment system and fair matchmaking must be set up into this game, the online is already filled with dirty drivers and i have some hope for this multiplayer revamp to add a feature like that. i would suggest a system that would check the drive line of each cars and see which one interfer with the other one by checking each line against the optimal line (or defensive one for the ccar in fornt) checkl the speed of each car and compare it to optimal speed at this point (to punish the rammers who doesnt brake at T1 for example) . This would "simulate" the race direction and black flag would rain over the dirties that could learn to be cleaner or leave for dirtier server

11. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

You revived a thread from 5 years ago, which means the discussion on this topic is not exactly current. Also, the development of AC has stopped 1 year ago. If you want clean(er) racing in AC you can try SRS (simracingsystem.com) or a league. ACC is also growing up with a complex rating system (new release this week).

12. -=-Flyaxl-=-

-=-Flyaxl-=- Rookie

thanks for the info i though i was on ACC forum this thread came as suggestion when i tried to open a new one regarding how the punishment system could be. Well sorry for the ungraving i guess

rd.king and sissydriver like this.