1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Will there be any form for a car radar?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by SwaggyShaggy, Sep 12, 2018.

1. JohnWicking

JohnWicking Rookie

Ofcourse, i didnt mention the ability to turn this radar on and off because its like, common sense...

SwaggyShaggy likes this.
  2. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

The kind of radar people are asking for is not the same with the thing you're trying to delete. I also can't find a use for the arrow, but a little radar showing the surounding cars would be greatly helpful, as I'm currently on a single monitor without much peripheral vision.

3. Vibe Style

Vibe Style Racer

I use Crew Chief for AC, they probably add ACC too. Its very good spotter.

J4yR3yn0ld5 and SwaggyShaggy like this.
  4. Anthonyl

Anthonyl Racer

I found that, changed it to "0" but the arrows are still there..??

5. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Just for clarification:
    - the radarVisible setting has no purpose in this version 0.1
    - at the moment there is no way to hide the arrows

I will see if I can quickly add some setting to the hud.json, but at the moment getting the leaderboard updates corrected has #1 priority for me.
    And before you ask: No, I don't want to talk about things for future updates, and yes I'm pretty much aware of the advantages of such a radar system. But I wouldn't be the one to implement such things

6. Same request here, without a radar like helicorsa it is impossible to race with a single monitor especially if you use a proper fov. I use 29 with 1080 24 inches.

AmirHM likes this.
  7. dave81983

dave81983 Racer

Couldn't agree more that we need a Heli Corsa style app. Ideally one we can put in the middle of the screen that hides when there are no cars around, this means you don't have to take your eyes off the road to see what is around you. I really like the way Heli Corsa lights up too so you know when there is someone beside you.

I've used the one in GT sport too but that doesn't light up and is in the corner of the screen, it's a lot less useful as a result.

If we are going to have clean online racing this is essential, it's just guess work at the moment whether you are going to hit someone or not if you turn in.

AmirHM and manudouet like this.
  8. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

I just hope you have build in apps like Helicorsa, or just the abilty to move and scale the hud to whatever you want, that would be a pretty cool. :)

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Be carefull or some modder may add it in and then end up with your new job, was helicorsa your first mod for AC? :D

I understand its not used in the real series but neither are big arrows floating around in the cockpit which are less usefull then what helicorsa was.

Its not something I relied on 100% but it really helped with blind spots and ensuring I was able to leave racing room if needed. I find the spotter even more immersion breaking as thats only used in nascar, but again if it helps improve racing standards I dont have any issue with whatever method is implemented.

Those arrows were in very early AC I think yet some modder found a better method when he realized it could be done considerably better. ;)

AmirHM, jsmith.ls.uk, Hagen and 2 others like this.
  10. Gunja

Gunja Alien

Had to reinstall RHM for AC and it screwed Helicorsa. Felt lost until i fixed it. I got so spoiled by it.

11. AmirHM

AmirHM Gamer

Vote up for radar system official or mod, or atleast a dot who can change color when other car is side by side. For me helicorsa is feels like the advantage of AC compared to other games without this system even its not official

12. baboon

baboon Alien

Imo the radar does make the ontrack battles closer with a bit less silly incidents, looking more like what you can see from the real races on TV. This makes it more fun for all involved no matter if using singlescreen, triples or VR.

AmirHM likes this.
  13. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Have to second this emotion. At first I thought "HeliCorsa? yeah, ok I dont see a need for that", but these days I swear by it! I think it makes online racing a bit more safe (granted the wreckers will wreck anywayz...)

Guidofoc, BEsnake and baboon like this.