1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Will there be track variations in ACC?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by YayIguess, Sep 12, 2018.

1. YayIguess

YayIguess Rookie

Have Kunos said anything on if tracks like the Nurburgring, Silverstone and Paul Richard will have alternate track layouts available either in the EA release or the full release? Seems like a fairly easy way to add a bit a variety (especially with the 'national' circuit layouts) to relatively limited amount of tracks there are in blancpain. Seeing as even the official F1 games are doing it I hope this at least makes it into the full release.

baboon, nate and Epistolarius like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars There ist something wrong with track location. Apr 4, 2024
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Driver Profile / Stats / Track / 24H Nürburgring Apr 3, 2024
    ACC Physics ACC inconsistensies should be addressed for the future of the game. (Ex: Braking mechanics & tracks) Apr 3, 2024
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Track Rating does not reset properly on Nordschleife Apr 2, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Broadcasting API is missing track data for the Nürburgring Apr 1, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Track grip settings Mar 4, 2024
    ACC User Interface Track Map Feb 29, 2024
    ACC General Discussions About those US tracks and Liveries... Feb 21, 2024
    ACC Gameplay AI - Unusable on multiple tracks Jan 30, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Cant earn track medals at Red Bull Ring Jan 25, 2024
    Bug reports If you use Track Attack and a Mac computer Jan 18, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds All AI cars on all tracks are driving 50 mph during race! Jan 14, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Track Attack Plug-in Problem Dec 29, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Getting brake data to look right in Track Attack Dec 4, 2023

3. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

In blancpain they don't use track variations...

Freddie Seng and stefanoCasillo like this.
  4. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

I guess it'll all depend on the license they've agreed.
    As an example, R3E only offered Brands Hatch Indy because the DTM 2013 license didn't include the full GP layout.

TBF, if they wish to restrict the game to recreate the Blancpain 2018/2019 championships, it won't make much sense to create alternate layouts other than the ones used IRL.

5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Looks like it's a no...

Disappointing.

nate likes this.
  6. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

Would have been a nice and easy way to add depth and variety to the gameplay of a game that is lacking in that regard.

Though, if the license doesnt include that ability, what are ya gonna do? :(

Perhaps ACC wont include those portable arrow barriers that AC had which were there to guide you to the selected layout, which would let you pretend to drive on alternate layouts. Though, that would only work for hotlapping.

7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yeah. I wasn't expecting official events and scenarios to take place on alternate layouts but being able to drive other layouts at all would be great. Anything to increase the amount of content of the game would be welcome. Perhaps though it's unfair to Kunos because of the hard work they out in even in this limited content and how it enables them to focus more on quality instead of quantity.

My perspective is just: I look forward to the game (being a fan of GT3 racing), I'll buy it, play it and most likely enjoy it a lot. I'm grateful for Kunos' work and I understand the licensing complications and amount of work that goes into the development. But given it's a single series game with limited content - increased feature set notwithstanding - and no official modding support and if that scope doesn't expand in the future I have to expect that I'm potentially not going to put the same amount of play time into the title over the next years as in AC (thousands of hours) simply down to what can be done in the game. I'll see how it plays out.

cpcdem likes this.
  8. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

I'm not surprised. Official GT game nothing more nothing less. I like Nurburgring GT layout the most anyway, the GP chicane is annoying

Whitestar and Freddie Seng like this.
  9. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

In my opinion they have gone the right way.
    Far better to have a clear boundary, produce a focused racing simulator and do a great job in all departments rather than produce a sprawling mess that does nothing well. Looking at the development blogs there is more than enough for all serious racers to get our heads around as it is.

In terms of longevity I want to be the best GT3 sim racer I can be and that will take endless hours reading up on driving theory and car geometry, building and testing setups studying telemetry and perfecting my driving. For me having hundreds of cars and endless tracks in this context is a bit pointless and counter productive.

I think it's a case of horses for course and AC2 running on new consoles as well as PC might be preferable for some.
    I would be good to have both available to keep everyone happy.

Freddie Seng likes this.
  10. chakko

chakko Alien

I can't see how a license would not include the ability. I'd rather think they left it out, because the Blancpain drives on the full course, or, they only include the variations actually driven by the Blancpain.

11. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

AC does a lot of things exceptionally well …

12. chakko

chakko Alien

It drives very well, that's for sure. :)

13. I guess I am not alone hoping other stuff than the official ones will find the way into ACC. ;):eek:

cr4wl3r0 and YayIguess like this.
  14. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Hmmm true but look what can be done when you don't spread your resources too thin.
    They are talking about setups that are interchangeable with the real cars, I don't see how you manage that level of realism with 150 plus cars (queue PC2 intro) and a small development team like Kunos's.
    Quality over quantity I say.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  15. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I won't disagree here, it definitely opens up other opportunities if you focus on a small range of cars.

Problem is that at least for some people (like my btw) the outcome is still much less appealing due to the simple fact that I have absolutely zero interest in GT3 cars.
    The main reason why I will still buy ACC is only the hope (and there really isn't more to it than hope) that someday the lessons learned from this and the work that went into making the advanced tech will lead again to a product like AC with more diversion than just GT3 cars.
    I know that I'm sounding a bit naive here, but that's about it.
    If they decide that they will from now on continuously develop a GT3 racing simulation with 1-3 years of iteration, then I'm out with the next iteration, because not interested.
    (just to make that clear: if ACC is a success for them and the community, I would totally understand it if they proceed that way)

16. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Yeah I see your point if you are really not into GT3.
    I'd be pleased if ACC could provide Kunos with a steady income like I presume the F1 series does for Codemasters but they still produce a more generic sim (AC2) with some of the ACC learnings built in.
    Also they must have something in mind re updates for the new seasons. Maybe the'll have a small dedicated Blancpain team to keep the title current and move the bulk of the team on to a new product?

17. Turk

Turk Alien

I can appreciate that, ACC is a completely different kettle of fish. From what I can gather though it's going to be a very involved and immersive racing sim, the simulation of these particular cars seems to be way more advanced and realistic. The simulation of the racing seems way more advanced too, so it looks set to be a real challenge to iRacings structured races. In the real world you wouldn't say "I don't want to race GT3 cars because I also like driving classic Ferrari's".

I'm pretty confident that will happen, ACC will include two seasons of blancpain. So there isn't really a whole lot of scope to expand that side of the game seeing as it's going to be up to date until 2020. At that stage we may see new regulations come in with new cars and a reason to make a blancpain update.

ACC can be the foundation of a whole raft of DLC that introduces new race series, it's bang up to date technology wise, no other sim will be close for years to come, so they've plenty of opportunity to spend the next five years fleshing it out into something much bigger.

18. plaid

plaid Alien

Well would be a bummer, the only part I like about Catalunya is the part at end from the Moto GP layout and I would be happy to skip the bore dome... I mean mercedes arena in the Nür GP. Plus: Variety. This game will need some of that (in the long run).

But like the insulting comments on steam for people asking for non gt3 cars, its wrong to say "its blancpain gt, so no". It depends on how much freedom BP leaves the devs and what they want to do. There are games that offer more than the series in the title (Toca/DTM Racer Driver for example).

Also maybe modders will find a way to add cars and tracks. Besides GT3 cars being on the not so exciting side (while on Bathurst and the NS they are cool) there are mostly some tracks people drove for years if not decades, some of them also not so amazing layoutwise.

Like catalunya!