1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Will we see more "Historic" tracks?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by GCCRacer, Apr 27, 2016.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Hi all,

I really like the early Lotus F1 cars we get here, especially the 72 and 49. I've not seen any discussion from official side that more content of this era is being planned however.

Am I the only one who'd pay for a 1960's DLC? It's a shame because the driving experience in AC is much nicer for me than in RF2 - but RF2 has three offical "licensed" 1967 tracks, and even pCARs has the old Spa-Francorchamps... how are our hopes to find more of this type of content for AC?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Proper traction settings for historic tracks? Oct 27, 2017
    Suggestions Dlc suggestion: historic layouts of official tracks Jul 31, 2014
    Chit Chat Room How much alternative (historical?) tracks? Mar 27, 2014
    Online Leagues / Championships room Historical Formula 3 challenge 2022 Mar 30, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room [Assetto Corsa ]Historic Master Cars 2022. Feb 28, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room Assetto Corsa "Historic GT Championship 2022." Dec 12, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room [Assetto Corsa] Historic Endurance Championship 2021 Jan 18, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room RaceConnect.com Historic Series Nov 6, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room FIA masters Historic Championship Oct 5, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room HISTORIC SIX HOURS OF SPA CLASSIC 2020 May 10, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room Historic Racing League (HRL) - Emulating Formula 1 history Jun 30, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room 4communities.de - Historic Team Endurance Event - 12H - Watkins Glen - Group C and 90s Touring Cars Jul 2, 2018
    Screens & Videos DRM Revival Mod - Carma FF @ Historic Monza Apr 6, 2018
    Online Leagues / Championships room [Motori nella Leggenda] F.3 Historics championship. Jan 1, 2018
    Online Leagues / Championships room [AC]Virtual Historic F.3 European Trophy. Nov 23, 2017

3. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

I theory in the roadmap were: Silverstone, spa, and Monza with sopraelevata that i'm waiting from day 1 (I want to put the zonda or the 98t in it)

TDS likes this.
  4. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

5. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Yes, they should definitely laserscan an old oval full of potholes, it would sell like hotcakes.

6. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

Relax boy, relax....

7. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Laser scan the old banked Monza, and then return it to the condition it was when it was 1st used.

THAT would be fun.

LATE4APEX

8. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

9. grandepunto

grandepunto Simracer

Some nice pictures in that google link.

Drove historic Spa in RF2 before I deleted it. Would be nice to have as original content in AC.

10. SirJack

SirJack Racer

I would like to see and pay for an 60's DLC as well:)

Mogster likes this.
  11. ouvert

ouvert Alien

more historic tracks = more tracks .. yes I wanna see more historic tracks

Xtriko and Horus like this.
  12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Historic cars really do need historic tracks.

As we are getting the Red Bull ring the old Osterrich Ring would be very nice to add to the list. It was an incredible venue and some parts of it still exist to scan, and the surroundings from the RBR could be used to a point, the mountains haven't changed...

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    rge75, Nikkel, Xtriko and 2 others like this.
  13. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

+1 for the old Österreich Ring - I'm from there after all :) Reiza has done it for GSCE and it's really a fun layout.

ekosan, Nikkel, Mike1304 and 2 others like this.
  14. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

I think Kunos will be in a dilemma trying to add these old tracks because they cannot laserscan them. And that’s what the majority of the userbase wants. Personally I'd love to see some old tracks added to the game and I don’t mind if they’re not laserscanned. See Black Cat County for example: fantasy but very well made!

BrandonW77 and mantasisg 2 like this.
  15. Jebus

Jebus Alien

No I would not pay for 60's track pack. I'm not too much into tracks that doesn't exist anymore. 10 60's race cars with maybe one track from the period would a different story though.

Kevin Knorpp and Christopher Low like this.
  16. grat

grat Simracer

Well, we already have Monza 1966 and I do not think anybody sees it as a problem that it is not laserscanned (yes, they laserscanned the banking and used some data for the 1966 version, but the scan is valuable mostly for bumps and stuff like that, which of course have either disappeared or changed). So I am sure they will be the best possible recreation and nobody will be sad about them ;)

17. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Sometimes there are some sections remaining, Spa and the Oestterich Ring are like that. Wether it's worth scanning those sections is open for debate, even if the track surface has deteriorated then the elevation change and corner radius are still very important.

Scanning is really great but non scanned tracks can be excellent as well. Excluding historic tracks from the sim as they can't be scanned is a bit daft imo, Monza 66 works really well and seems to be a popular track on RSR.

In the end they could be made by 3rd party modellers at Kunos's request, if you don't like them don't drive them... :)

BrandonW77 likes this.
  18. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

The 1960s Vallelunga track was basically Kunos' new "Vallelunga Classic" track run in reverse.... might be easier to get another license from their landlords and maybe not be so difficult to "sixtyfy" a track that exists than to start a whole new one ;):)

Mogster likes this.
  19. leon_90

leon_90 Hardcore Simmer

Yes I would love to have more historical tracks

As for those who wonder about having them not-laser scanned: Zandvoort is not laser-scan, do you enjoy driving on it?

nijeat and Mogster like this.
  20. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I feel the same about classic tracks and current tracks. Cars on the other hand... throw at me as many '60s/'70s cars as you can and I'll be here still asking for more. ;)

Something like a GT Legends DLC(s) would be my definition of dream pack(s). But too many people are interested in supercars and GT's to make it profitable for KS. I understand and accept it, but as everyone I'd like to see more of what I like.

Kudos to Kunos for providing some retro/classic cars anyway.

Ace Pumpkin, xedrox and Kevin Knorpp like this.
  21. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer