1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Will we see more "Historic" tracks?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by GCCRacer, Apr 27, 2016.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

I know I'm showing where I come from in every second post ;) but that's what I liked about RF2. Spa, Monza and Monaco are a pretty good "range" of historic content, in that each of them represents a typical/different category for the kinds of track that were around in 1967. Whereas for example Monza and Silverstone are a bit redundant.

2. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Terramar had, (has I suppose) 60°, 90° would be like the wall of death :)

3. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

and rocks on the inner side, (has, the track has holes but is in very good condition for a 20's track)

4. T'PAU

T'PAU Hardcore Simmer

Why not now? :D
    (scnr ;))

[​IMG]

5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

It looks finished???

6. Need to drive on that curve! :eek::D

Mogster likes this.
  7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

My GT40's ready :eek:

8. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

Reiza will lauch a pack with Imola various layouts.

Assetto Corsa could have more old layouts for Nurburgring, Spa, Silverstone, Monza, Barcelona, Red Bull Ring and Zandvoort.

I dont think is a good idea to bring to AC only the oldest and the newest layouts. The intermediates are good too, specially for Silverstone, the 90's layout is very good. The 90's layout for Spa had the bus stop, the 2004 layout a small change.

Mogster likes this.
  9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

In a perfect world we'd have every layout, that's really not possible though. I suspect Kunos have to pay licence fees for every track variation they include.

Assuming we can't have everything I prefer layouts that were used for the longest period of time and then are the most fun. Silverstone had the layout we have from the early 50s to 1974 which is good, Monza's similar. I don't think chicanes add value to any track other than real world safety so I prefer layouts without them.

As historic Spa is sadly off the menu I think the historic Oesterreich Ring would seem a decent punt, the far surroundings and elevations are in game already.

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

The old Nurburgring (like in GPL) and maybe the historic variant of Monaco that is included in rFactor 2.
    Apart from that, I much prefer some current tracks.

11. rge75

rge75 Simracer

No, you're not the only one, but let's face it...it looks like we're a minority (same when you look at the online servers and the chosen track/car combos). Many GPL drivers still play GPL and didn't move over to AC. Furthermore, modding and creating tracks was "easier" with GPL. Creating a track to meet today standards simply is extremely time consuming. I'd for sure also pay for a historical DLC as long as it's F1 between 1954 and 1972, well maybe up to 1975 ;-) And as some other already mentioned, historic cars also need historic tracks. Yes, you can drive the Lotus 49 on a modern Spa, but it's lack of atmosphere.

And while the Maserati 250F was an interesting and nice addition to the Red Pack, I'm still surprised that they didn't add the 1967 Ferrari.

But to answer your questions, my hopes are pretty low :( I wish it would be different, but I doubt it. I could imagine that Kunos would do the 67 Spa though. rF2 already showed that it would be a blast. But as you said, the driving experience simply seems nicer in AC.

GCCRacer and Mogster like this.
  12. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Maybe more would join AC if there were more quality classic tracks to go with our growing list of quality classic cars. I think Kunos did an excellent job with the vintage circuits we have and I'm one that would gladly pay for more of them. Easy way to get more tracks in the game without having to worry about laser scanning them. Since Laguna Seca is rumored to be coming, would be great to include the vintage layout for that.

katikomer likes this.
  13. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Yes we have quality historic cars but for whatever reason none that actually raced with each other...

GCCRacer and Andy-R like this.
  14. rge75

rge75 Simracer

Yes, there are quality historic cars, but almost only one per series/year. One of cool things with GPL was that faster people could take the slower cars like BRM or Cooper while the slower guys took the cars with more top speed. Driving with 20 Lotus 49 with "only" different skins isn't the same because all those cars in the grid have the same physics.