1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Win 10 Fall Creator Update

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Is out. One interesting thing is that Game Mode that cannot be disabled now, you can still kill it via registry modification though.
    https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/disable-game-mode-in-fall-creators-update-windows-10/

I have tested AC with and without, no changes in Benchmark, same Avg FPS and same CPU load, but did notice some random occasional hitching during gameplay with it on.

Turning it off for AC and restarting game seems to remedy the problem.

You can invoke GameBar in AC (after race start so it's ac.exe process) by Win-G, just turn it off in there if you don't want to do global disable via registry as it seems to help with WinStore/UWP games.

PhilS13 and mms like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds fps falls down after windows10 fall creator update Nov 27, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game is dark after Windows Fall Creators update Nov 6, 2017
    ACC Troubleshooting Freezing only in windowed / borderless mode Apr 8, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Viewing wrong car following driver swap Feb 4, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds flashing position board on windshield Dec 10, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Server in Content manager not allowing change of final rtatio Oct 7, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions (BUG/Glitch) Feels like having too much horsepower/no backwing ! Jul 5, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Fresh Windows 11 install and ACC does not start! Jun 28, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC Window Manager - Multi-monitor support Jun 11, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Dirt-effects on cars and windscreens Jun 7, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Trackside camera and chopper camera not showing in replay May 11, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Stint Timer Not Showing - Teams Multiplayer Event Apr 22, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Leaderboards, XP winning , special events etc Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Special events - showing as Anonymous in leaderboards Apr 14, 2023
    General modding discussion Glowing License Plate Apr 8, 2023

3. mms

mms Alien

It looks like I'll avoid this update for as long as possible, it ain't broke, don't fix it :)

demetri likes this.
  4. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I just Oculus Dash soon!

mms likes this.
  5. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

As far as i understood if game bar is disabled then game mode too is disabled....am i wrong?

6. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I don't think so, for some games Windows do auto enable, you don't even need game bar.
    I doesn't seem that AC is on that list, so if you never enabled it, chances are it's off.

luxxx797 likes this.
  7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Or any update for that matter.
    [​IMG]

Haven't observed any other anomalies in my system, I think it has fixed some weird USB sleep behavior for my controllers.

8. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

i'm using FCU since the release(well...3 days) and all is running super smooth

9. mms

mms Alien

Right on :) If I were using my PC only for gaming I wouldn't mind having the latest & greatest (NOT :)), but I'm using it for work too and I cannot afford loosing half days to figure out what they broke.

Unfortunately it did happen in the past, and it is still happening on the laptops I have around the house, one of them is regularly loosing the WIFI connection without any apparent reasons (all other devices seem to be fine), and this one was also working without any issues before the last big update. Sometimes only a restart solves the issue.

Besides these kinds of issues caused by the updates I'm also not a fan of MS deciding for me that I don't need certain features any more :eek:

10. Skybird

Skybird Alien

11. jlung

jlung Rookie

I updated to Fall creators edition and i have hugh performance improvement.
    I can run 60 cars with all settings to maximum without problem.
    For me a good decision to update to fall creators update.
    There is only one thing:
    Sometimes i cannot end assetto after the driving session.

12. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

TH8 shifter not working in AC. Fanatec clubsports pedals
    only apply 50% braking input. Reasigned TH8 and recalibrated the pedals in
    the Fanatec software and everything is OK again.

13. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I found some undiagnosed hitching caused by some apps, not sure which one. Best thing is that if you are getting hitching or stuttering in game is to remove all 3rd party apps and then do 20 minutes lapping without them, then slowly re add them one by one.

Dean Ogurek and paul_wev like this.
  14. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Any problems for rift users? Game mode gave me stutters with the first creators update, perfect once turned off though..

15. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I recently had an issue running Dirt Rally / Dirt4 with hitching on my new system and it was eventually linked to my Logitech Wireless Mouse. Just disabling the Mouse Control in the UI solved it for me but, it speaks to your point and there are currently many threads in various forums with similar themes.

16. paul thomas

paul thomas Racer

Game mode still gives 1 to 3 second stutters. Not impressed with the Win10 fail creator update had to uninstall and reinstall Oculus and steam VR. It buggered up the drivers came up unknown device in device manager.

17. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

New Nvidia drivers are out, btw. 388.0
    Take this opportunity to use DDU to fully clean and disable driver auto update (DDU does that by default) before installing new one.

M8R likes this.
  18. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Anyone tried the 388 drivers to see if it had fixed the stuttering with oculus and 10 series cards?

19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I'll give it a try later tonight and report back. I didn't have major issues using the previous driver version but, could tell it wasn't totally smooth either. I also had strange issues last night in PC2 with black fog and lack of rain-drops on the windscreen - not sure what that's about.

20. Serge M

Serge M Alien

With the last driver I got weird mix of effects not working and no water rendered on the Nordschleife randomly in the rain in PCars2

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  21. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I read that some older drivers don't have the issues, I think it was 385.28.