1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

WMR minimum requirements

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by trucidatio, Oct 25, 2018.

1. trucidatio

trucidatio Gamer

Hi
    I've seen the Lenovo Explorer headset with motion controllers on sale (200€) and my friend and I are looking into buying it. He has a 1060gtx and I have a 1070gtx.
    Are these graphic cards enough to play ACC at an acceptable level?
    Thanks

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality VR podium celebration viewpoint (WMR) Jun 21, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Public beta 1.0.2 - WMR problems Jun 7, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality WMR Reset Seated position without controllers fix Jun 4, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality WMR: Workaround for Menu and HUD position May 29, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality What are the best Settings for WMR headsets does anyone have one ? Apr 11, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality HUD issue with WMR headset Apr 4, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality WMR accidentally works perfectly and I don't know why. Mar 19, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Can you adjust VR world scale in ACC on WMR Headset Jan 20, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Possible workaround for HUD and UI for WMR users Jan 19, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Playing in VR (WMR) with Fanatec CSW2.5 no Controls Nov 29, 2018
    ACC Virtual Reality Unable to start ACC in WMR Odyssey Nov 21, 2018
    ACC Virtual Reality WMR HMDs & out of position ui, temp fix. Oct 31, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting VR WMR Headset poor performance Oct 14, 2018
    ACC Virtual Reality WMR (Odyssey) Startup and closing issues Oct 14, 2018
    ACC Virtual Reality WMR, camera suspended 1m above intended position. Oct 10, 2018

3. Oscar1900

Oscar1900 Racer

I think we're going to have to wait for more optimization to be done in VR before we know the answer to that question. If you look at my specs in my sig, you will see what I have. I'm running at 45FPS with reprojection on all the time. I get 45 FPS. I'm enjoying it. But many of my settings are med and some are low.
    When I had my 1070, it worked well for AC. But not sure how it would perform in ACC.

4. Rudski

Rudski Alien

It's in Early Access and lots of things can change, what CPU are you running? ACC will benefit from a strong CPU. The video card should be enough to run in VR but I'm not sure what graphics settings you'll be happy with. You probably won't be able to run it in "Ultra everything", I think that's a safe bet.

trucidatio likes this.
  5. trucidatio

trucidatio Gamer

I have an old Intel i5, I guess that there's a lot of room for improvement in this regard...
    To be honest, I don't know what kind of graphic level I'd be happy with. I've only tried an oculus rift for an hour or so some months ago, I have too little experience to know. What I know is that VR comes with its own drawbacks, I'm totally aware of this. So I'm not expecting 4k levels of definition and everything ultra. :) I just would like to know what a good starting point would be in terms of hardware, because I've heard that WMR headsets are less demanding.

6. Oscar1900

Oscar1900 Racer

I'm not sure that the WMRs are less demanding. They actually have higher resolutions. Vive (not the pro) and Rift have 1080x1200 per eye. While most WMRs are 1440x1440 per eye. The Odyssey I have is the same resolution as the Vive Pro at 1440x1600 per eye.
    What WMRs do have that is really good is the reprojection logic. Running at 45FPS is totally acceptable for me, and for what I read for a lot of people. That gives you more headroom to bump up your graphics. I'm sure that Rift and Vive also have good reprojection, I just don't have experience with them so I can't comment.
    But like I, and Rudski, have said, this is Early Access and things might (will) change.

trucidatio likes this.
  7. Rudski

Rudski Alien

If you read around on the forums lots of VR users have found some decent tweaks to get some performance. What you can do is buy it now and then test it. If you're not happy with the current performance you can return it via steam refund as long as you don't spend over two hours using the software. Keep an eye out on the time, two hours goes fast and that includes staying in the menus before you start the race.

trucidatio likes this.
  8. alex bonner

alex bonner Racer

It's hard to get ACC to run well in VR even with very high end systems.

The 1070 will be fine as a mate has been running a Lenovo on it with no complaints using a 8600k. The 1060's a very close to minimum spec but there are a few tricks you can use but not really sure if ACC is optimized enough to get a playable experience.

trucidatio likes this.