1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Would you prefer AC2 or AC1 Rolling updates? Re. Stefano Casillo interview

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Crayfis, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

I'm still wondering how the hell he even managed to achieve that :)

I, too, am for a follow up title, prefereably by the name of Assetto Corsa Evoluzione, rather than continued rolling updates. As others have previously explained, and as Stefano talked about in past, the current engine has its limits, and a complete overhaul (or a new engine for that matter) would only be feasible with a new game. Including early access, Assetto Corsa will be four years old this month, and I'd say that supporting a game fo four years is enough, and that a clean cut and a new release would be the way to go by now, as there are new titles left and right sporting features that the current engine simply is not capable of, and you need to be able to keep up with the pack or you end like rF2.

I'd even be willing to crowdfund a new iteration of Assetto Corsa. I'm not usually a fried of crowdfunding, but I pledged to the Reiza campain on Indigogo last year because I trusted them to deliver. As I also trust Kunos seeing their track record, I#d have no qualm about that.

Ace Pumpkin and Horus like this.
  2. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

I would prefer Kunos making more stuff, in way they see fit.. VS. them stopping making stuff because it's not profitable

We haven't invested into AC 5 years of our lives like them, only 20€ into base game and some coffee money to DLC packs. Compare to NHL, Fifa, Madden, Call of Dudi, Battlefailed, Codepasters F1, Project Cash 1-2, Assassin's Creed, Need For Speed (again new NFS this year, after the poor 2016 game).. even Reiza with Automobilista is moving to next title in 2018 most likely, AMS is closing in development in v. 1.5, released in 2016 (while it's "just" upgrade of GSCE but still)

Maybe one day, AC2 descends from the sky with holy light, silencing the cries of simracers about rain and night and leaving them in humble awe. Until 1 week later they figure something new to whine for next 5 years. Looking forward to that 1 week

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    Ace Pumpkin, Luis Branco and Horus like this.
  3. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Imagine if AC2 is already done and they're gonna surprise us with this massive surprise :)

miky, Gevatter and Horus like this.
  4. Horus

Horus Alien

With a company like Digital Bros as your parent I am sure financing will not be an issue. I'm sure Lord Kunos has been playing about with ideas since about 2014, 2015 at the latest. Hey ho, it matters little I will only be moving on in another 2-3 years AC has everything I need and is missing very little that I see as necessary. Horses for course and all that brain fodder rubbish.

5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Kunos are a successful company I really don't see why crowdfunding would be necessary...

Hopefully the next product will be as mod friendly as AC. In fact thinking about it being able to port mods easilly between the two would be amazing.

chargingcar likes this.
  6. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

This is something we modders sorta expect too... that physic engine Stefano cooked up over the years will not go into the bin, it will move onto the new sim. Graphics is a different deal, but here keeping the workload manageable will have priority, meaning tracks and cars will not need stuff like different shaders per weather or daytime. With their small team they just can't redo all hundreds of cars and all the tracks. And a new graphics engine could introduce features that would need no changes to the cars (things like self reflection and multiple light sources with corresponding shadows)

7. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

What I hate about these scenarios (felt the same with RF2 for me) - by the time a game has matured, received content and mods and all the problems are polished we're moving to a new title. Then again the circle starts.

chksix, pmc and Crayfis like this.
  8. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Well, I think you can be sure that Stefano will be involved. ;)
    Most likely, yes. They were already involved in porting AC to console and it would be surprising if AC2 didn't target consoles as well, although it might be that the release date is not the same on PC and consoles.
    Also not sure if early access on consoles is possible.

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Rain wouldnt need a new engine. Night do though because of the graphics engine only supports one light source.

answer to op: i have already bought a ticket to the hypetrain for AC2. Im here at the station and waiting for it to take off. I think it will be a brutal ride, specially if they dont do it early access this time.

10. Stereo

Stereo Alien

tl;dr for now but
    I feel like this is a false god, there cannot be a 'complete' sim and as such you can't really get closer to it, you can only change the things people complain about.

Anyway personally I'm not getting on the AC2 hypetrain until I replace my pc, this one's bare minimum to play AC1.

Jim Layhee and Horus like this.
  11. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

This is a factor Stefano has mentioned in the past. Development of AC is limited by the need to ensure it still runs on minimum spec PCs. AC2 can take advantage of today's (or tomorrow's) PCs. I vote for AC2.

Mogster and Horus like this.
  12. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

scenario a: nothing from ac1 works in ac2 (nothing from kunos, no mod) - i will play both games.
    scenario b: some things from ac1 could be used in ac2 - i will play both games but after somet time ac1 will get dusty.

Horus likes this.
  13. Horus

Horus Alien

Cannot be sure now but Race07 sucked nearly £200 (AC is far superior and has cost me less than £100) it was great fun but not as good as GTR imho. I hope AC2 is better than AC, but I am unsure how you make it better... night/rain and some cool server and driver swap could be fun, but I am interested in what 'New Features' could be added that add to the overall experience. Then again I like the surprise you get from finding something you never knew you wanted.

sissydriver likes this.
  14. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Loose surface support would be exciting.

Phil64, seco46, miky and 1 other person like this.
  15. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Wishlist inbound:
    They could add more car mechanic simulation - drivetrain flex, engine stall, engine momentum, engine fluids, deeper brake temp simulation, visible tire flex; more setup options like steering lock and caster; atmospheric stuff like sparks, pebbles, "realroad"/"live track" with rubber tracks that are asymmetric like the ones in iRacing (darker on the outside), dynamic time/weather, Cars and windscreen that get dirty over time; better sound engine; Ranked servers / global leaderboards / online rating system, timed races in single player, mandatory pitstops, ability to disable refuelling or tyre swaps, AI setups; different surfaces like dirt, gravel, snow,... I'm just rattling off stuff that I like in other sims :)

miky and Dean Ogurek like this.
  16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I'm hoping for it, and it's not that unreasonable either - considering Gran Turismo, Forza, Project CARS do the same pretty much - but I feel like we won't see all the existing content in a potential AC2 because even now there's a quality difference between the oldest and latest content (so the oldest cars would have to be reworked), with a new graphics engine all the content likely has to be refactored anyway and probably in terms of physics they'll have to look over all of them again as well (if they add rain, loose surface, etc.). I suppose the team is just not big enough to port everything over, at least at release. They could do Early Access again perhaps.

Well... a new graphics engine, dynamic weather, more polished experience and more functionality for racing (flag rules, safety car, etc.) - there's lots that they could add.

Mogster and BigFW like this.
  17. SvenUilhoorn

SvenUilhoorn Racer

I don't know how feasible it is, but I'd rather have AC1's core rebuilt in a few phases than an AC2 release. DLC packs along the way to support it in my opinion could bring in enough money and keep the entire team working on the complete product. If this causes some mod content not to work I'm sure the best works will be updated (by someone else) to work properly again.

18. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I believe it will take quite awhile... PC user upgrade reversed.

Way back the most popular graphic card was the 8800GT, 2 years ago the most popular graphic card was the 970 & right now it's the 1060.

Increasing the graphic requirement is a double edge sword, unless they create something that is so taxing that it may be relevant for benchmark use, if the rest is very well optimized.

19. plaid

plaid Alien

Yes Plenty of Potential.

A more atmospheric experience. Its Less the graphics that feel Dated but the presentation of Most Sims. Would ne nice to feel more like a racedriver than a Gamer.
    More real Series or their Cars, which Supports the Former.

A ai better than what you Are Used to from racinggames. As important as the physics for offlineplay. Everyone has good graphics. Ai? Maybe rfactor2. See pcars2 how you Ruin everything Besides the mp with a Bad ai.

A career. A Real career. Or at least a Decent Championship mode.

And multiclass endurance races with appropiate grids. like 80+ Cars on the nordschleife. :D
    Otherwise i dont Know why i Need Rain And Night and all the typical endurance Tracks and Cars anyway. Useless.

IRacing like Multiplayer.

OoOr maybe Something Less Sandboxy and more focused.

20. TDS

TDS Alien

AC 2 Evoluzione with mod support, with AC1 refined/revamped/improved physics , running on vulkan low level using the CPU cores to the bones, night, rain and proper loose surface physics too :)
    keeping LS tech for new tracks and porting over ac1 content, all that on a crazy good gfx engine.

for 2019, i can dream ok :)
    bring it on, pc2 will get boring soon lol

Berniyh likes this.