1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Would you prefer AC2 or AC1 Rolling updates? Re. Stefano Casillo interview

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Crayfis, Oct 2, 2017.

1. konnos

konnos Simracer

Ι think that Stefano was making a joke on his interview. You know, whatever we make next, it will have to have night and rain, since that is one of the comments thrown around when it comes to criticising AC. It's an insider joke. But good discussion anyway. I agree with others here that are saying a fresh start is the way to go at this time, many things can be improved and it's probably not worth the effort right now as the engine is. And you can be sure once AC2 comes out, AC is going to disappear from your hard disk pretty soon to be forgotten. Unless you want to hotlap a car or mod that might not appear in AC2.

2. Horus

Horus Alien

Slightly disagree with you as I still race NetKar, I prefer the open cockpit cars more than in AC. Better damage model and I love clicking buttons on the dash etc etc.

3. Orne

Orne Alien

Given how modifiable Assetto Corsa is, I firmly believe it will live on for quite a while. People are still modding GPL, 19 years later. I could see a group like Reiza Studios purchasing licensing for the AC 1 physics engine and come out with their own version, something akin to AMS.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    TDS likes this.
  4. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Would hope to see better multi core support, should be a given considering all the consoles are 8core now as well. Not unreasonable to expect 4core minimum requirement and hopefully scale well to 8 cores (or threads) :)

I currently have one core hitting 90% plus on one thread and the other 5 cores getting bored

5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

No way! :eek::D

Horus and Jim Layhee like this.
  6. Horus

Horus Alien

I have a crappy FX 4 core but still get all cores running when I run AC? :confused:

[​IMG]

7. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Without knowing what goes on in the background there must have been times when the Devs want to add an improvement to only find out it technically isn't possible due to engine restraints or some other issue we mere mortals could never understand.
    If they design AC2 it would only be for the overall improvement to the AC experience but only when there enough reasons to start developing and that list should be extensive but no doubt will add more complexity for the devs to incorporate.

I would love to know how much current and future hardware is factored into the decision making. Are the current processors able to handle everything they can think off and how many if any trade offs still occur.?
    Intel having already released this year 18 core CPUs in a few years they should filter down to the average user and I couldn't imagine the next batch of CPUs holding the Devs back.

8. St3fan

St3fan Alien

On the topic of DLC fragmenting the player base… I saw a comment on Reddit saying AC is "miss one DLC and that is bye bye mp", which in my experience with the NA night time mp simply isn't true. The only compulsory DLC is the DP1 with the Nords, and maybe you need the JP for the popular road cars, if you just wanna some pub race. Most populated servers only require base game and DP1, and there is actually a variety of tracks not just Nords, Spa, and Monza.

However (maybe slightly off topic), if looking from a different perspective, maybe that most servers don't require DLC is the result, not the cause.

9. Yay, wishlist/how to run Kunos thread.

I am making a list of demands that us simracers NEED and that are essential for AC2. I have let Stefano know that when the time is appropriate I will send him a checklist; I'm sure he is eagerly awaiting for that day to arrive.

In the meantime, start saving up for a serious pc hardware upgrade.

chksix likes this.
  10. Orne

Orne Alien

OP has 84 hrs in AC and has it all figured out apparently.. rolleyes...

11. He could have 84hs on the steam version if he recently bought it but he could have put several more hours on a non steam version, you know, just because one has not much hs on the steam version does not mean you can't have more hours playing the game. I'm not pointing directly to the op but it could be a possible situation.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

bgil66 likes this.
  12. magzire

magzire Alien

AC 2.0 I'm guessing 2022. Can't wait :)

13. AC+11; coming mid 2020 is my guess.

14. Orne

Orne Alien

True !