1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

WRC 8

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by romandevision, Aug 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I had to go to bed at 2:00 a.m.)
    The first and foremost - this game is a simulator, but only on 80%.
    In brief: physics is a bit simplified. I don't know how to explain it, but this mix is RBR and Assetto, but to a lesser extent. Everyone said that the model of damage is weak and it is true, but not quite: when you hit 80 km/h you can break the car (in a similar situation DIRT 2.0 you will not even feel the damage, for example). Graphics is beautiful, yutub, of course, will not be able to transmit, and when I saw Sweden in the game was very surprised - on yutube it was disgusting, in the game is very beautiful.

I don't have the steering wheel, so I can only envy those who have it - the vibrations are VERY(!) well tuned to the xbox controller, especially when braking.DR2.0 is full of garbage on gpad.

By the way, I didn't like the FOV setting - it's not very variable and it's not clear. I didn't have time to do the suspension and differential settings, but I do have them. :)

I understand that it is very confusing, but I will try to write later more objectively - at the moment only so)

Snow: 9\10
    Gravel: 7/10(in RBR is better)
    Asphalt: 7/10

The reviews say that weather conditions do not affect anything. It seemed to me that they were wrong.

upd: By the way, again, it is written everywhere that DR 2.0 is better. What I can say for sure is no, no and no again. When I read it becomes funny and all this reminds me of the narrow hatred of ACC.

Epicstore is crutch. Because of their launcher, I can't turn on my RU-language, and after exiting the game I lose my EU-language panel on Windows. It's a shame.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    ShredatorFIN likes this.
  2. Any OSW/Heusinkveld owners tried the game? Does it work this time?

I'd like to buy it just because of the great stage design.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  3. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

GamerMuscle played it with DirectDrive, but it's Fanatec.

Viperconcept likes it. Says it's physics are serious competitor to Dirt Rally 2.0. Says that surface changes feel more natural than Dirt Rally, and tarmac is better (which isn't hard though). Says FFB is good this time too.

Goddamn why no VR :(

4. Yeah, there's some "compatibility mode" built into Fanatec software and that's why I'm not sure is it only Fanatec DD that is working.

5. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Epic store has the same 2 hour/2 week refund policy as Steam. So I guess that's a way to find out. Some direct drive wheels are listed here on the game's official page: https://www.wrcthegame.com/en/technical-support
    • SimXperience AccuForce Pro V2
    • Leo Bodnar SimSteering FFB System
    But no OSW or Heusinkveld. (Although, also the new Fanatec Podiums are listed)

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  6. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

With WRC7, I tried to contact the developers regarding the addition of HID-Device support (to provide universal hardware support) but, never received any response from the dev's at all. It just adds to the frustration of having so few Rally titles to choose from, and all having certain limitations in regard to proper hardware support on the PC.

8. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I think can already make a little opinion, because my game time was ~15 hours.

Physics:
    Worthy. Everything is great on the track, but near the track small stones are fake, so you can't hurt the wheels with them. The coating has a significant difference between them, as well as the weather conditions affect the grip. Puddles seem to affect the grip, but I'm not sure about that. The tyres lead strangely - maybe I don't know about rally rubber, but isn't it possible to ride on winter tyres in the Monte Carlo mountains?

Graphics:
    Everything is fine. It's nice, it doesn't cut your eyes - the oldschool RBR + AC = is great. Repeaters look so good, there are no screenshots, you can not save. Or I didn't find it. Requirements to the system are quite adequate - on 2600X+RTX2070(1440p) I always get stable 60 fps.

Gameplay:
    Everything is very concise, but at the same time beautiful. There are no curved fonts, unclear menu, stupid navigation - everything is more than good. There are "seasons", career, trainings and just separate stages. I haven't tried it online, but it all seemed a little pointless to me - it's not clear what the purpose of one stage is.
    You don't get a WRC-class right away. Only WRC2 or Junior. After the season you may be offered a contract, but I couldn't get it.
    The stages aren't complete. As far as I know, they are equal to about 20 and 300 kilometers, but in the game they are 7 in each country by 7-10 kilometers. The weather is dynamic, but because of the short stages it appears too suddenly.

Something didn't like:
    EPG(oh, God, no please). I bought the game in the store, and it turned out that the pirate version works better - it has my native language. But the license-version isn't. Paradox.
    The developer does not even have a forum and does not respond to emails.
    Language bug - you can't use Russian and German, because you can't enable it on PC-version because of EPG installation.
    The steps should not be 5(some of them backwards), but completely, as in WRC - Imagine that ACC would have half a Monza - for example T1 and T2 and need back backwards)

Bonus:
    Bonus-cars(Lancia, Porsche etc.) - funny. But when we have is actual cars season 2019 - that's enough and they're just amazing. I don't see the need for any other machines, including Evolution/Subaru/Ford of the 00 generation.

Result:
    The developer has ruined everything by placing the game in the EPG. After that he got a lot of hatred, lack of loyalty of the players, and the players got no support. I received 5 emails on the subject of changing the language to native one and all of them did not help, because they did not make sense. The marketing department of this game needs to be fired completely.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  9. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Racer

not quite what you asked but it works for me with Accuforce wheel + Heusinkveld pedals & handbrake

Accuforce, Simucube and Bodnar have predefined wheel profiles in the ffb config file

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  10. 69Harder

69Harder Rookie

WRC 8 is the best thing since RBR for us rally lovers !

I have passed about 50 hours and it's totally addictive and I say this as a hardcore Assetto Lover.

I want to hear what Stefano thinks about it though !

C'Mon Mr Casillo let us hear your thought on WRC 8 !

11. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

good review! But: a rallye game without Subaru? Blasphemy!
    Edit: Career is great but that my teammates decide after 2 Rallyes, nah I need holidays... whut? You're fired!!
    Turkish rallye is hardcore
    WRC cars are too fast for me, WRC2 are good, I love the Integrale and Stratos

12. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

From the reviews i've read so far there are a few deal breakers.

1) No triple screen support (I can live without, but no VR as well kills this for me)
    2) The FOV setting actually doesn't change the FOV. It changes the FOV of everything outside the car (not the cockpit)
    3) The cockpit cam is so far back from the wheel its ridiculous and you can't move it far enough forward (wtf?)
    4) It's on the epic store which has been hacked more times than I can count

Maybe i'll give it a try, but so far what they did with the cockpit cam and FOV make me think they have no idea what a racing sim should be.

13. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

As far as I know, they'll release a patch of corrections. After the WRC2 season, you don't get a WRC contract - it's a fun bug)

14. Alex1996

Alex1996 Gamer

I have to say that I’m having some fun with WRC 8.
    However I’m puzzled about a couple of things...
    The first one, where is the possibility to do a complete rally with the car I want? I don’t want to do an entire season, furthermore starting from WRC 2, because unfortunately now I don’t have all that time I had in the past to play the game...
    The second one, I had to manually set the degree o rotation, at 540 degrees (WRC cars should use that I guess): I think the game should set the correct wheel range automatically, as in any other game. Furthermore, I can’t set the range of the in-game rotation to follow my “real” rotation input, and this drives me crazy when driving inside the cockpit.
    However, as said before, my overall impression is positive

15. Yeah some good fun with this title so far.
    Cockpit view is rubbish, no seat adjustment. I use dashcam
    FOV settings ignore cockpit/dash cam views.
    From reviews, ingame steering rotation doesn't work, I set 540 in Fanatec tuning menu.

Alex1996 likes this.