1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Wreckfest

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Full_Ninja

Full_Ninja Racer

I know that bums me out too. I really enjoy the physics sandbox that is Wreckfest but without VR I can't play

Nekrobob likes this.
  2. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

Dont forget Rally Trophy! :D

bondyboy and Jebus like this.
  3. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Bought it.
    Really, no words to describe the madness on every race :D

4. bromstarzan

Would anyone here be interested in some Wreckfest testing tonight? GMT 22.00 or so?
    Just to test the online stability and have some fun?
    I havn't tried to set up a host yet but could probably get into it around 22 GMT. I'm located in Sweden and have a medium line.

Server name: Bromstarzan
    Pwd: broms

Edit: I know, we're all busy with the latest AC patch and LS... bad timing for this silly gettogether on X-mas eve and whatnot :) DS

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  5. iannixxenakis

iannixxenakis Hardcore Simmer

Anyone tried TrackIR with Wreckfest?

I got the game on Steam last night but couldn't see a way of getting my TrackIR to work, maybe I missed something obvious but I didn't find the controls setup UI to be particularly logical.

6. iannixxenakis

Enjoying Wreckfest so far, pretty sure TrackIR isn't supported although I couldn't find anything official about it.

Setting up my TS500 wheel is a real pain though. Sometimes it works, other times it wants to be straight when the wheel is turned about 45deg, and today it was barely responsive.

Anyone got any tips for steering wheel setup?

7. bromstarzan

Cant help you with TS500. Only saying that my old G25 was plug n play, so it seems to be an issue with particular controllers, not a general issue.

iannixxenakis likes this.
  8. Jebus

Jebus Alien

In this post you can find a quote from the dev what could be done if there's problems with controllers.
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wreckfest-controls-guide.145035/#post-2648018

cerebralvortex and iannixxenakis like this.
  9. iannixxenakis

Jebus likes this.
  10. Jebus

Jebus Alien

11. iannixxenakis

Think I've sorted this now thanks.

Each time I start the game I have to go into the settings for the TS500, centre the wheel, select left axis and turn the wheel all the way to the left, then centre the wheel again, select right axis, then turn the wheel all the way to the right.

Then the wheel stays centered and I have the correct amount of rotation.

Wish TrackIR worked though, hard to see what's coming at you in the destruction derbys, can't seem to widen the view from the cockpit either.

Good game overall, look forward to the finished version.

12. Jebus

Jebus Alien

I have t500 too and I don't have to do that.

But I do have my own problem with controllers, I have th8rs and th8a shifters and they keep resetting every time I start the game.

So I guess there's some fundamental problems with the whole contoller system that can cause issues. Hope they get them fixed soon enough.

13. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

T500 and Th8A here, none of those problems, resetting settings or centering/DOR. Although my visual wheel doesn't align with my actual DOR unless I use certain DOR in Thrustmaster CP. (Been using 400 which seems to align pretty ok)

But my menu navigation goes crazy (changing menu tabs by itself, on triple screen), when trying to choose pretty much anything. Been able to get into races with certain trick, changing menu tab and instantly moving selection down on that menu, so it won't have time to start going nuts. When I quickly move the selection into something from a tab, like garage, painting or whatever (something other than the default) it settles down.

Very weird, haven't been able to fix it by removing controllers and unbinding stuff like adviced in RD. When I unplug all controllers, unbind all, and try to set controls one by one, it doesn't allow me to set anything other than Axis (basically as if some Axis is constantly pulled, and it instantly assigns that as keybind instead of the key I wanted to enter). Even when all of my axis based controllers are unplugged, just mouse + kb... errrrrr

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  14. iannixxenakis

My TH8A is fine, always stays set up properly.

I guess the game is very buggy atm.

Found a good way of getting XP fast (may be old news to some): get a strong car and do demolition derbys in the main stadium against D class cars (lawnmowers).

It's all over very quickly and you can get a lot of takedowns (11 is my highest).

Drawbacks are that dead lawnmowers get stuck in front of your car.

Anyone got any tips on the best cars?

Looking for something that handles well on tarmac, and something good offroad.

15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

New update and I could finally map my OSW. Woohoo! Still game is limited to like 4 controllers, had to unplug my Razer Orbweaver to map wheel.
    Great arcadish believable physics and FFB, surprisingly decent to be honest.

BTW, what is recommended DOR for this one?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    LeDude83 likes this.
  16. Full_Ninja

Full_Ninja Racer

It really is a good game. Spent a lot of time messing with the environment physics and racing. To bad it does not support openVR. My current rig does not support screens. Oh well back to Assetto []>》

17. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

360 or 400 DOR seems to line up with ingame steering wheel pretty well. Dunno if there is way to get it line up with larger DOR, would prefer to use 900 but I like the visual wheel being in sync, especially when it has that hilarious deformation :D Wouldn't they just use 900 in real folk racing, or what the original street cars had

18. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

They need more stages, like tracks from Flatout UC to hold players attention for longer.

19. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

20. No really that light on content when you factor in all the different parts you can swap out on the cars, both visually and mechanically. And it is mod-friendly, so there's that.