1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Xbox One Install HDD (Internal / External)

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by ZeroPT, Aug 28, 2016.

1. ZeroPT

ZeroPT Rookie

I had some issues with the framerate, but after moving the game to the internal HDD the game is smoother and playable, I have also done a restart after moving the game.
    I played and streamed to the PC at the same time, so I could capture the game-play at 60 fps.
    This is not free of slowdowns, but after 2 hours of gameplay in race weekend it was very stable.

Other issues found:
    - Viewing replay and changing the camera, it will keep that change to the game-play.
    - Using wheel we cannot use the LT/RT buttons or the pedals to change MIN/MAX, I'm using the Fanatec with CSL Wheel and it has dedicated buttons to LT/RT. I need to connect a controller if I need this function.

Minors issues or it just me :)
    - Intro video, for me the sound is too loud.
    - AI appears to be too much difficult even in the Easy selection.
    - Replay only show the last 3 minutes.

I had some other issues with the pedals not working and some difficulty adjusting the FFB, I don't know why or what I have done, but this problems disappeared.

KrOnWaLL LL55LL and tommy corsa like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    XBox One Discussions Installed but won't launch on XBOX? Jun 23, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions ACC ON XBOX SERIES X Yesterday at 12:48 AM
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition - Not recognized (XBoX) Oct 2, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Xbox one x v ps4 pro framerate Sep 30, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Xbox one Sep 27, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room XBOX BRANDS HATCH 3H CHARITY RACE Sep 26, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room [xbox] Delta Online Racing - every Friday 8pm uk Sep 22, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Xbox seat position Sep 19, 2020
    Console Lounge Xbox to pc Sep 16, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions XBOX insider performance Sep 10, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Patch 1.5.4 live for Xbox and ps4 Sep 3, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Xbox Series X & PS5 upgrades Aug 31, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Any news on xbox one x frame rate fix Aug 26, 2020
    Steering wheels discussions Weaker and less detailed FFB on Xbox than PS4 (Fanatec CSL Elite +) Aug 24, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions XBox PS4 race results Aug 15, 2020

3. Rockefelluh

Rockefelluh Rookie

Huh, usually the opposite performance (better) installing on external HDD!

4. I will give this a try. But usually the external hdd works better for most games.

5. Snackman

Snackman Gamer

Doesn't change anything for me. The game still stutters.

6. ZeroPT

ZeroPT Rookie

I played again and for me the game is stable right now.

I'm also in the "xbox preview" and don't know if this has some issues with the game.

7. Didd31

Didd31 Rookie

I just tested, it's strange indeed that the frame rate seem to be a little better on internal drive, that it is on my external that is yet more efficient!.

But It's still all too unstable times, to be really fun to drive, especially in slow curves and when the tires squeal.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  8. ZeroPT

ZeroPT Rookie

Ok, this could be only a coincidence. Sorry for not work for you and the others that tried it.
    I don't know why, but for me the game is stable. There are still issues but the extreme framerate drop disappear.

Let's wait for a fast update to resolve this more severe problems.

9. PCars had the same problem whilst installed on external HDD.
    Anyway I still have too much frame rate drops but thank you for your Idea.
    Let's hope for a fix. So we can have a good race without these Forza crashkids :)

10. Didd31

Didd31 Rookie

it works for me ZeroPT , not a lot better but it works better on internal drive ..... sorry if my English is not very accurate ;-)

11. I have moved the game to internal hard disk. It is a little bit better then imo