1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Xbox One Update v 1.14

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Yeah that's right. PCars1 used not the same physics for the AI. AC using the same physics for AI and Player. That's makes it more tricky to make a good AI, because they can't cheating

2. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

From looking at the way the AI cars handle I would be very surprised if they use exactly the same physics model as the player. Just do a replay and get inside one of the AI cars, it looks nothing like it.

Of course I could be wrong, would be nice if someone in the know could let us know?

3. I am 'in the know' and yes, you are wrong.

Other games in the genre use either a baked in time or rubber banding; AC is the first to use the same physics as the player.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    alex21212121 likes this.
  4. Gurkensepp

Gurkensepp Racer

Hm, Forza is using Playerdata. But it doesnt work very good sometimes. :D

5. BobTheDog

Why does it obviously look different then, on console anyway?

P.S. Were you involved in the development? It would be good to get some inside info.

6. Nwg

Nwg Racer

I dont know how the ai is programmed but i have seen them do pretty strange things, like very erratic behavior while turning. Not all the time or anything, but it does seem like they are programmed to be in a particular place at a particular speed and one way or another they are going to get to where theyre "supposed" to be.

7. Funny thing is to see how many people are still here.

I mean, i think we've got more AC lovers that are more than disapointed. All haters are gone long time ago.

And Kunos/505 is still using the same technic. At a moment, you have to spend money to earn way more...
    Still could be worst...Ac could have a lack of content/featuring on consoles....ho wait.

Schnauzahpowah and Lewisxbone like this.
  9. Does that mean whe have to wait 3 weeks again?????

10. Gtivrsixer

Gtivrsixer Racer

Again?! This is getting pretty old. How many times is this now? 3, 4 submissions and every one has failed? I'm usually optimistic, but if they can't figure out what's wrong or how to fix it this many times I don't see how they ever will. All I know is I'm on the verge of giving up on the Xbox version.

11. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

If that time can save you bugs like the ones we, the PS4 users, are suffering (championship mode is completely broken, servers delay the race on the multiplayer for about half an hour sometimes), believe me: it worths the delay.

Postdevelopment of Assetto on consoles is very good and very bad at the same time: a lot of content and cool features with a lot of bugs that makes very difficult to enjoy the game.

ppbucko and sentinelz like this.
  12. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

The AI have super human reflexes and things like Stability control ( only when they start losing control ) etc.

13. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

You really have got to start questioning the testing. They either know it's broke and released anyway or they got a bad testing department, or to save money the gamers are the testers.

SlimCharles likes this.
  14. Raikku

Raikku Racer

Would also be nice to know that what is MS's role in these. If they know which is the problem in technical side, do they offer help etc. Because that will benefit they too if some Xbox game work properly and ppl buy it.

15. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

When they released the last update and I didnt see any bugs, I thought they solved their problems with the testing. But after a while, they appeared (and in what way...). So we have to admit the evidence: their testing on consoles is very bad, almost every update brought very serious issues.

And after almost a year, we can also say they struggle to keep up with the PC development, the game is still a bit faraway from the PC and it is possible the game on consoles will not be the same as on PC at the end of the development. Their post development on consoles (not having in mind the bugs) it's very good, but not fast enough for what they promised.

All of this problems would be fine if they have not promised what they promised. Would be fine because it's a small team, and compared with much bigger companies it's amazing what they have achieved. But that promise bites them in the *** every time.

When they begin with AC2, they dont necessarily have to hire people, but they do have to make clear to the console users what is coming in the release and the post development. And if they dont know, be cautious with what they say. Although this is easy to say from my position.

16. If that's really true that the multiplayer didn't work well on PS4 I can understand why the update takes this long. Maybe it's really better to concentrate on Physics, dlc and AI. If the multiplayer not stable than league racing is an illusion

17. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

On private lobbies seems to be that the problem of the qualifying taking forever doesnt happen. And the multiplayer is very stable, open or private lobbies.

Actually the private multiplayer works very well. It's the public multiplayer which has gone backwards with that qualifying problem and the jungle of options and track configurations.

18. BobTheDog

Was there any backwards for the public servers to go?

I hardly saw anyone playing it on XBox!

19. I play at the moment only hotlap. Whe wait that whe can start a 911 GT3 Cup championship if the update comes.

20. BobTheDog

Yep, same here.

For me it's only good for Hotlaping, the rest of it is a bit iffy.

If only it could actually store my times and allow me to compare my times to other users stored times and also calibrate my steering wheel and set the buttons up how I want it I would be very happy, it would be worth every penny I have spent on it. Unfortunately they haven't quite got that right yet, I am hoping maybe in 6 months they will have this functionality.

herbsti72 likes this.