1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Xbox One v PS4 game performance & framerate

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by MBK72, Dec 11, 2016.

1. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

I had the chance to run the PS4 (v1.10) and Xbox One (v1.09) versions of AC side by side today.

Result: The PS4 version runs significantly more smoothly and consistently across both single player and online versions of the game. The Xbox One version, while much improved from v1.03 still has framerate slowdown issues that become clear when side by side with the PS4.

Framerate:
    PS4 - stable and consistent, not impacted by trophy notifications, friend chat, sharing and video options work without any noticeable impact on the game.

Xbox One - stable most of the time. Some minor framerate slowdown in both single player and online modes with no real pattern though mid corner seems to be more prevalent. Notifications impact the game (switched off they have no impact). Other players joining or leaving Party Chat significantly impacts the game, turning off notifications does not change this. Video and screenshots bring the game to a halt and are unusable.

Graphics: PS4 version looks significantly darker than the Xbox One version on most tracks. Gloomy skies mean the track is sometimes difficult to see.

Online Play: PS4 online play is stable and consistent even where other players have a high ping, we saw as high as 244ms ping and yet the cars ran as expected on track with no odd behaviour. On Xbox One anything over 50ms and the jumping around issues appear. The v1.10 return of the proximity arrows is a real bonus for online racing too.

Sound: PS4 sound seemed significantly richer (using the same in-game settings and digital output), I wasn't expecting any difference but the PS4 seems to have an advantage here.

Wheel: The additional buttons on the G29 wheel and v1.10 update to include look left/right/back is a major improvement. I'm not sure how this issue will be overcome on the Xbox One wheels which have fewer buttons.

Force feedback: The force effects and handling are great on both systems, they match the pc version and in this respect, the DNA of Assetto Corsa remains in place across all 3 systems. The various wheels offer different experiences but that is for another discussion sometime.

Online players: There appear to be about 3 times as many player online on the PS4 version, though as the unacceptable thread has shown with more players come more behaviour challenges.

Playing the game side by side the PS4 has a visible performance and stability advantage. The Xbox One version requires more improvement in both the framerate and the way the game is impacted by other apps if it is going to offer the same experience.

Traks1, Pleite, RWa and 3 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New "Hotfix" update available for PS4 and Xbox one 24/02/2021 Feb 24, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 1.06 Patch Notes for PS4 & Xbox One Oct 20, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox one x v ps4 pro framerate Sep 30, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Patch 1.5.4 live for Xbox and ps4 Sep 3, 2020
    Steering wheels discussions Weaker and less detailed FFB on Xbox than PS4 (Fanatec CSL Elite +) Aug 24, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBox PS4 race results Aug 15, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 Pro v Xbox One X Jun 28, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Just bought ACC to test on PS4 Pro after awful Xbox One X experience! Jun 24, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions SOLUTION - Fix for wheels not working on Xbox & PS4 Jun 23, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PLEASE READ: HOW TO GET SUPPORT FOR ACC ON CONSOLE (PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, Xbox One) Jun 23, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitech G920/G29 FFB Settings Xbox/PS4 Jun 23, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Assetto Corsa Competizione - PS4 and XBox One: HOW TO GET SUPPORT Jun 23, 2020
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione - PS4, PS5 and XBox One/X/S - Console Version: HOW TO GET SUPPORT Jun 23, 2020
    Console Lounge Why does the FXXK on Xbox not sound as good as PS4... Dec 19, 2017
    Console Lounge 1.15 Update. Issues, bugs and suggestions (XBOX & PS4) Sep 12, 2017

3. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

MBK, I have just posted a thread to try to find out about a difference I've noticed with the FFB and handling of many of the race cars after the 1.09 patch. I feel cars like the GT3 ones have become a little more slippery when cornering and their FFB is much lighter now. @kofotsjanne has just answered that the handling difference has to do with a change of the tire model, but is not so sure about the FFB. As I see, you have access to the game on both the console and on the PC; Can you tell me if the game still feels similar across platforms after the 1.09 update? You mention here you've done this comparison, only it's not clear whether it's pre or post 1.09.

The new handling would be just a matter of readaptation, but if you told me the FFB on a PC is identical to how it's felt on a Xbox now, I would be honestly sad. I really liked that full feedback feel I used to have on straights or when at slow corners, which have been sadly missing after the 1.09 patch.

One last question: With the new tire model, my lap times with GT3's have worsened considerably. Is it something expected or is it just a matter of getting used to?

Thanks!

svenvangent likes this.
  4. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Good questions, I don't know if I can answer them in full. We were looking at the performance of the framerate etc first and foremost.

There are huge differences between the Thrustmaster and Logitech wheels and how they feel in v1.09.

On the Thrustmaster TX458 I had to turn the FFB back up to 40% to get the same feeling as v1.03, this feels identical to 75% FFB (from the Thrustmaster App not in-game) on the PC. What I like most about the TX458 is the positive feel at the centre of the wheel. At 100% the TX458 on Xbox One feels like it could twist my arms off.

The Logitech G29, by contrast, can be run at 100% on the PS4 and even then it feels manageable to me. There is less feel around the straight ahead and the wheel takes a few degrees to really weight up. The Logitech is all round a smoother experience with fewer forces transmitted through the wheel. The TX is noticeably more notchy with some big feedback spikes. I recommend trying them back to back to feel the difference for yourself. I'd like the smoothness of the Logitech with the centre weight of the TX, the Fanatec wheels provide that but I found the latest versions unreliable.

As for more sliding and the GT3 lap times, I'm not sure. I've seen some discussion that the v10 tyres are slower on the PC so this may be true if the GT3 class cars have the v10 tyres. I have noticed that for some reason the online qualifying sessions take place in clear weather but the races are overcast. As console users have no access to the settings or to make any changes after qualifying ends this is a big problem for tyre pressures and heating (along with no tyre blankets!). That could be the cause of the excess sliding but I can't be certain of that.

svenvangent, Pleite and kofotsjanne like this.
  5. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Great answer. It definitely helped settling many of my doubts. Thanks!

svenvangent and MBK72 like this.
  6. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

The new tyre model has indeed made lap times a couple of seconds slower across the board (Although I don't know which cars might still be on the old version), and was like that on PC after they had the new model patched in a few months ago as well. No biggie, but it's not you, it's the tyres.

svenvangent and Pleite like this.
  7. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Do you know if there's a way to reduce that sliding feel when cornering with this new version 10 tires? I know I'll probably manage to get over this still awkward characteristic as I practise. But if there's some workaround to increase grip at turns meanwhile, until I get acquainted with the new model, that would be handy.

8. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

Have you been checking your tire pressures now we've got the HUD? Your tires might be overheating which is causing the sliding feeling. I've had to go through all my tunes and re-adjust my tire pressures per track, and even have different pressures front & rear, whereas before the telemetry I'd just set them all the same for all the tracks. Worth taking a look. Also because of this I've swapped out my supersofts to softs on cars like the 458 GT2 as they heat up and lose grip pretty quickly.

Pleite likes this.
  9. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Actually I should start using the HUD more. I think I might be ignoring much of the valuable information it displays. I'll now definitely start paying more attention to the info there and set tire pressure based on the data. Sure that will help me get the better grip I need. Thanks for that tip!

Mauler_77 likes this.