1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Xbox Update

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by rUudD, May 24, 2017.

1. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

its always the xbox that gets screwed over, no update, no release date. Then the last major update xbox got it after ps4 did. then the first 3 dlc's the season pass holders got there content 2 days after every one else. Surly after 10 months and 3 patches and multiple dlc kunos knows how the process works. While I'm on, the xbox still has some major save/delete issues on car setups after 10 months that kunos can't seem to mend and also bad performance issues with fps.

2. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

With Dirt 4 coming on the 9th, Project Cars 2 release looming in the horizon, F1 2017 also coming soon, I would say the window for AC on Xbox is closing fast.

HRT WietHok NL and SwissWeed like this.
  3. So if the patch magically got released tomorrow you wouldn't buy/play any of those games? o_O

4. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

That's the thing, I will.
    The group I'm in usually play on Wednesdays, because life. Currently we are finishing a championship in F1 2016, then take a short break and start on Dirt 4, until F1 2017 comes out.
    The reason we are on our second F1 2016 championship is because AC was unplayable without private lobbies.
    If the patch comes out tomorrow, maybe after Dirt 4 there will be a window where we could do a championship. Maybe. But with the way progress has been made over the last couple of months, I'm not holding my breath for it.

Is a shame, because the game is good. I do enjoy going around hot lapping. But to host any sort of competition, without private lobbies, the worthiness drops to 0.

5. Gurkensepp

Gurkensepp Racer

Yes its i shame! I love the ffb, outstanding in console! My hope now is fm7. Its a good racing game but only with controller.

6. enry68tdl

enry68tdl Gamer

Good morning, I think the delay for the xbox upgrade is too much, I do not find it right to be privileged a console over the other, or are given reasons for this delay, or is a completely wrong behavior against us, the game , Season pass and future DLC .. we pay as they do !! A few days late we are in weeks is not right for consumers !!

Buongiorno , penso che il ritardo dell'aggiornamento per la xbox sia troppo , non trovo giusto che venga privilegiata una console rispetto all'altra , o vengono forniti dei motivi validi per questo ritardo , o è un comportamento completamente sbagliato nei nostri confronti , il gioco , il season pass e i futuri DLC ..li paghiamo come fanno tutti !! Qualche giorno di ritardo ci sta ..ma delle settimane non è corretto verso i consumatori !!

_reborn_ and Birkhoff92 like this.
  7. Birkhoff92

Birkhoff92 Gamer

sono perfettamente d'accordo col post precedente. I completely agree

8. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

its microsoft that are giving you guys the problem, not AC or KUNOS! and out of the four tittles you mentioned only one of them is a true racing SIM but the other three will be ok i guess.

CtrlAltDeLaet and XR6T like this.
  9. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

Being a true sim racing is not the issue. I and many can have fun without being a hardcore sim racer. If I want to experience true racing, I'll take my car to Brands Hatch or do a trip to Germany and visit the Nurburgring.

The point is not being able to have private lobbies. And unless Microsoft bought alunos and is now developing the game, is hardly microsoft's fault.

Gurkensepp and SwissWeed like this.
  10. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

How do you know it is Microsoft?

As far as I can see they haven't told us it has even been sent to Microsoft yet.

11. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

All Microsoft does is check the update doesn't cause memory leaks, crashes the console or has code that wouldn't be allowed, which, to be fair, is the least you can expect from an update.

SwissWeed, ppbucko and Gurkensepp like this.
  12. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

How can it be Microsoft ?

13. Nwg

Nwg Racer

Its not

14. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

i havent a clue, just saying what i think and didnt want to upset any of the xbots, its a cruel world.

15. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

Well, the 'xbots' highlighted to the 'master race' that the issue doesn't lie with Microsoft.

16. I'm going to have to disagree on the point that AC is a true racing sim. IMO, it's not, and at this point it's not even close to being a racing sim. It is a physics sim, and a great one at that. No one does physics better. But to me that is only one piece of a larger puzzle that makes a modern racing sim. Fully customizable and controllable lobbies that allow for the community to create racing series and events is almost more important than the physics. Remains to be seen if what Kunos is bringing will work and have the features needed for series to thrive. Timing and scoring features such as global and local leaderboards are very essential. Right now with AC if you want to keep track of even your own times and progression you're doing it old school GT1 style writing them down. And of course no real way to judge your self against the best drivers in competition. That's pretty inexcusable for any title trying to be a racing sim.

Right now, I would rate F1 2016 the best "racing" sim on the Xbox. Sure, the physics aren't up to AC's standards. But they're decent enough that the rest of the racing features make up for that.

Agree that AC's window on Xbox is rapidly closing if not already shut. With PCars 2 and FM7 on the horizon they could very well make AC a afterthought to Xbox racers who are trying to stick with it. I think SMS have learned lessons from their troubled start and PC2 will be a better and more polished product at launch. And my gut feeling about Forza is they might go back to their roots a little with FM7. Declining sales combined with the rise of ESports and PD's more racing inspired GT Sport makes me think they might produce a game with a decidedly more "race" feel than previous few releases.

BobTheDog likes this.
  17. SwissWeed

SwissWeed Gamer

Good one! Absolutely true!

Oh.. Turn10 should buy the physics engine from AC :) but that wont work with that many cars i know..

505 games are going to announce a new game at E3.. maybe its AC2.. just kiddin

TRC GeorgiaDawg likes this.
  18. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

i race assetto on the ps4, nothing wrong with the xbox,,,,you just have to wait a little longer for each update :rolleyes:

IllestD and Pip_-72- like this.
  19. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

What? The topic name is XBox update.

20. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

i know dude was just poping in to say hi and to see how things are going

Pip_-72- likes this.