1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Xbox Update

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by rUudD, May 24, 2017.

1. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

Not 300 for elite (they're working on 3 games, 2 known, one unknown at the moment).
    As I wrote on a earlier post, a weekly update with a summary of the state of the work in progress (has been submitted, when, any issues that arises that might delay) would go a long way, in my opinion.
    Going by my personal experience (although on the Microsoft store I've never published a game, only apps) and other studios with more open communication, between submission and release it usually takes a week (in some cases less, but usually that involves critical updates where something was completely broken). So after a week, or 3, is understandable that the clients, without any updates, will start to get upset.

Shifter Blister and SwissWeed like this.
  2. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

You are right. Took me a while to find that post. May I suggest you add that to the sickly post list, as as it is makes it look like is from a normal user and gets lost among the others.
    A title in the line of "Official xbox update information" that is a sticky post will have more visibility. Just my 2c :)

SwissWeed likes this.
  3. Funniest and most inaccurate piece of information on the internet this week. Congrats! (hard to do when you are going against Trump's Twitter)

ShredatorFIN and IllestD like this.
  4. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

I've submitted quite a few updates since I've started publishing on the Microsoft store (30+), the longest was one two weeks, shortest was 3 days, average is roughly one week.

Going by other devs, between the time they announce submission and the update is available, the average is a week. You do know what average means right? Sometimes might be longer, sometimes shorter, and to be longer there's usually a reason.

5. GT_Davy

GT_Davy Gamer

I bet Forza Motorsport 7 and Project CARS 2 will be out before this damn update is out on the XBOX....

Shifter Blister likes this.
  6. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

That's is an exageration. The one after this is possible though.

7. GT_Davy

GT_Davy Gamer

I don't think so, the 1.14 update has been out on the PS4 since may 17th... still no news, no update, no release date for this important update almost 1.5 month further... Yet they announced a Ferrari 70th year DLC.. which will most likely hit the XBOX somewhere in 2018 if at all....

_reborn_ likes this.
  8. alex21212121

alex21212121 Gamer

Kind of defeats the point of a 70th anniversary pack if by the time it comes out Ferrari is 71 or 72 years old

9. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

:rolleyes:

10. I recall the project cars patches for Xbox taking quite a bibically long while. Microsoft crosses their t's and dot's their i's unlike Sony whom just flings poo and sees if it'll stick

Shifter Blister and paul_wev like this.
  11. GT_Davy

GT_Davy Gamer

A agree it would defeat the purpose, but I wouldn't be suprised again if the XBOX get this Ferrari DLC a month or more after the PS4...

Yes I own a PS4 too, but I ain't got a steering wheel setup for both, just for the XBOX ONE. I don't have AC on both, just on the XBOX ONE.

"Update is in submission", we have been hearing that for a while..

12. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Project cars did bang out the updates though, 1 every month. At least they tried to fix the bugs, and increasesd the game performance on several occasions on Xbox. Unlike A/C here's some more paid dlc Porsche pack 1, can't save my setups, Porsche pack 2, can't save my setups, Porsche pack 3 can't save my setups.

Cyberdyne systems likes this.
  13. Stllhere

Stllhere Rookie

Amateur hour mate. Being able to save setups, having AI that overtakes, being able to choose who to race against; all basic stuff in a racing game, none of it in this one. It's junk. Better games already out there and some belters on the horizon too.
    This is a hobbyist's pet project and we've all contributed far too much money, time, and misguided hope to this fantasy.
    Just took us far too long to realise.

14. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I don't think you kn0w how business work. Do you think Kunos said at f@#k the Xbox update lets work on paid DLC instead? At least make yourself sound like an adult.

Xbox update should take priority ey? What should they do? Tell the rest of the team to take a holiday whilst the xbox team prioritize the job they paid to do? Or do you want the modelers, the sound guy, the physics guy all working on the xbox update? Which they probably have no clue about. Explain with all your wisdom how Kunos should prioritize the Xbox update? It's clear they don't know how to so your knowledge will surely help them push it out quicker.

15. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

Well the usual answer would be to employ more/better Xbox developers I would think.

16. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Schnauzahpowah likes this.
  17. Update inbound? Fingers , toes and nards crossed
    Haven't been onboard long sorry to say but I feel your plight