1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

You guys gonna pick up F1 2018?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by bgil66, Aug 24, 2018.

1. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I know not AC related but love the F2004 in AC and other open wheel cars as well as great mods. Never purchased a Codemasters F1 game on PC but this may be the first. Last one I got was 16' on PS4 and hardly touched it. I may wait for a sale or reviews first, how about you guys?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Before 0.2.0 some guys said they're gonna struggle w/ right hand driving. What was your experience? Oct 23, 2018
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ive sended this bug already to support, but I want to warn you guys too. Nov 7, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Come on guys, this privileges stuff is ridiculous! Feb 13, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars *Fixed* Donington Park, Glowing Guys *Fixed* Feb 11, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer You guys know the US competition servers are broken right? Nov 4, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions each day fewer people on the servers the guys abandoned the acc on the console Aug 24, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ok...so you guys did it. What's next? Jul 10, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Racist guys in open lobby Jun 30, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Seriously guys May 29, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Need Your Help Guys - AussieStig May 18, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Hi guys join my discord for my new ACC server(Tels GT racing server) May 14, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality For all you Vr guys struggling with fps, try this out: Jan 7, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality For the 2080ti with valve index guys... Dec 26, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality what do you guys is best to raise?!? Nov 4, 2019
    ACC General Discussions POLL! Let's buy this game again every year to support Assetto Corsa guys! Jul 20, 2019

3. magzire

magzire Alien

Hell no
    Although AC ain't perfect for f1 racing, I couldn't degrade to the driving experience compared to AC.
    Also a double no since I have zero interest in AI

4. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

lol ok

5. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

Might get it if it comes under the £10 mark, then again might not.
    done about 7hrs of play time on 2017, just got bored silly with the graphics and play style.

(hope you got your free copy of "For Honor" on the steam special deals. another poop of a game)

6. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Codies are dead to me.

Nao, Radfahrer and Coanda like this.
  7. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Dear OP, I have to answer with quite the resounding
    HELL NO !
    If a driving game is beneath AC´s delicacy and joy of driving I can´t really touch it .

Phil64 likes this.
  8. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

If it had VR I would be thinking about it , but the dev's had said they had no plans to implement it in the future. So it will be a no from me.

9. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

No time to drive 2 different sims / racing games.

And ACC is on the way so...

10. Art-J

Art-J Gamer

No, because I'm not interested in modern F1. That being said, I can see some SP-oriented guys going for it as an interesting supplement to their game libraries. Codies F1 products might not offer the ultimate driving experience, but they do offer coherent lineup and good career, which is something our "hotlap simulator" never even tried to do seriously. ACC is going to be the first proper attempt.

In either case, with the way videogaming industry works nowadays, I'd say never go for prepurchase, always wait for reviews first.

11. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Darn it, you beat me to it (no VR no Buy ) :)
    I wouldn't have bought it anyway but that's besides the point :D

Seriously though I would love a really good F1 sim , had all the Geoff Crammond titles, they were way ahead of their time of course.
    I don't consider Codemasters sim producers I mean Flashbacks, really !!

Now if Kunos/505 could pick up the official game licence.........

mms likes this.
  12. No but im interested to see if they reuse their stolen F2002 model.

Gevatter likes this.
  13. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Oh wow didn't know they stole a model?

Yeah I wish Geoff would come out of retirement and make GP5!

14. Tigerteeth

Tigerteeth Simracer

I'd have a look at the videos uploaded by the likes of Matt212 and aarava as they cover most aspects of the game. If you want a dynamic career mode, decent AI and all the polish that an official licence brings then it may be worth a look. Just don't expect the cars to behave like the F2004 as it's a title aimed at a more casual audience.

As with any game on Steam, if you have any doubts then just wait for a sale ;).

15. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

I did, it's alright...

16. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

SunBro likes this.
  17. SunBro

SunBro Alien

I've already fallen into that media trap with f1 2017.

"oh hey look sim guys, codies are now sim too! Believe us, they changed their ways, they're now abandoning their arcade ways, oh look super realistic handling."

Bought it. F***** arcade physics. Never touching the series again unless it gets huge praise from people i personally trust.

18. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Arcade aside, it's F1 replicating the championship with all the atmosphere surrounding it. Pretty cool if ya ask me. Fun and not to be taken too seriously:p But I'll still wait for a sale:D

19. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I've grown tired of paying full price for annual carbon copies and won't pick it up before it's on -75% sale and even then I'm not sure I will.

Also it being an arcade game is a big turn off and I know the F1 lobbies will be full of keyboard and gamepad players wrecking it for everyone.

20. mms

mms Alien

Are you going to enjoy it on a monitor after playing ACC in VR? :rolleyes:

21. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I still play Automobilista so if I do get it yeah why not :rolleyes:

Ace Pumpkin and mms like this.