1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your approach to car choice

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Poguinhas, Jun 3, 2019.

?

What's your approach to car choice?

1. I nearly always drive the same car

67.4%
  2. I rarely drive the same car for too long

32.6%
  1. Jerry Atrick

Jerry Atrick Rookie

Bethasia, I bet you will have a Podium before you know it, and can you tell me how to become ACC licensed?

Jerry

2. trutya

trutya Simracer

Lexus is also forgiving on curbs, and that sound...

Arpadian likes this.
  3. I love the Ferrari, always have in PC2 and Iracing - a good all round beast with excellent aero and brakes. I even dont mind the mid corner understeer (it could be me however) that it has. However, I've been waiting for the Merc and it is starting to become my go to car. The growl of the engine, its outright pace and just looks fab. I do like the Porsche, its the most different of the cars, but it is definitely a pant stain machine, especially up Eau Rouge!

4. James P

James P Simracer

The Porsche is my go to in any sim. Plus eith only 2 pro teams they are outnumbered so i like a challenge in a full grid race. The Porsche, 488, Audi and Lexus i am all fast in, the others not so much.

I cant seem to get my head around the Merc, Bentley i am just plain slow in and the Aston is fun to drive but its traction issues annoy me.

The Nissan is my go to for an easy relaxed stint, it is so easy and predictable to drive as is the McLaren. Albeit i find both of them dont have outright pace.

The Porsche suits my driving style, i trail brake a lot and rely on a stable rear end and traction on corner exit. For me its a point and squirt car. To be fast you need to hustle it whereas others prefer smooth inputs.

5. Bogies

Bogies Gamer

I really wanted to like the porsche but could not get it to work with my driving style, but then I discovered the Audi and i fell in love, it just fits my style and i always loved the v10 sound.
    Can anyone elaborated how different the lambo is to drive compared to audi, cause on paper they are almost the same car :D

6. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Tomorrow... :)

7. Bethasia

Bethasia Rookie

Someone else would have to answer that Jerry although looking at the ACC Licensed thingy under the profile pics of various members it could possibly be related to owning AC DLC content for some part of it at least. I can, however, rule out driving ability for you.

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I don't like changing too much. I find a couple of cars I like and build my setups around them. In ACC its the 2018 GTR & Lexus so far. I dont mind the Lambo & 488. As I do not have a fancy monitor setup yet so I have to take into consideration the cockpit layout a little. Some fit my small monitor & wide FOV better than others.

Chriss, nrc689 and trutya like this.
  9. ignission

ignission Simracer

10. I like driving the different cars and adjusting to each. I think that it makes me develop different skill sets and approaches that in turn makes me faster with my top 3 or 4 that I drive the most.

11. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Although I’ve driven all of them for a couple of laps to check them out, I usually chose a car and then stick to it for quite some time.

I've driven the Huracan, the 488 and now I'm starting with the 911.

I like to have quite some time with a single car because there is so much to take from it and to understand the what, the how and the when of how it works, setups included, and until I'm really satisfied on how I can handle it I don’t jump to another.
    Plus, the ACC tracks are gorgeous, a joy to race, the changing weather, grip levels, day and night, and so forth, they are quite dynamic and can easily change how they're approached, so each track is a discover on it own.
    To be in sync with car and track and not only testing the waters, I do like to take some time with each car and, boy, what a fun ride it is with each one of them while racing in all this wonderful tracks.

Jerry Atrick likes this.
  12. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Jag or Bentley.... because the steering wheel is on the correct side ;)

13. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

I'll try and find a car that handles well as I'm good as anyone in a straight line, it's the braking, turning bit I suck at!

488 has been a go to so far but I liked the McLaren in AC so may turn to that.

14. isma_c_r

isma_c_r Gamer

Good topic. The main issue in my case is that I tend to feel attracted by less competitive, rare cars or cars that for whatever reason are challenging, and in the end of the day I stick to them.

What Nissan GTR do you think I chose, the new and fast one or the old one? Exactly. So I find myself lapping with a GTR that is that driving any other car with a safety car engine map

15. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

Every Sim i play Porsche and BMW
    But the M6 isnt a Racecar for me, i looks uggly
    The Old Z4 GT3 was a nice car.
    So i Play the most of the Time the Porsche.
    My Favorite Car in AC1 was the Porsche GT3 CUP, ive to test it here to.
    But to be Competitive i thin i have to stick wit the GT3 version

16. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I drive whatever car has the looks and/or sound and unfortunately the Porsche 911 GT3R ain't one, but I'm hopeful they will correct the audio for my favorite racing car, when they do find the time.

However I feel in love with the BMW M6 right away in Alpha 3 and have been driving that beast for 99% of my time, but again, I was expecting the Porsche 911 GT3R to become my main go to vehicle.

17. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Me too (lol). Lambo is a bastard car but i drove more than other. @Coanda said a right thing, cockpit layout is important. I like also mclaren, lexus, porsche and nissan. I hate jag and bentley.

Arpadian likes this.
  18. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

I go for a car that is both enjoyable to drive and one which I can be reaonsably fast (i.e. slow) in. I wouldnt drive the fastest car if it isnt enjoyable to drive. That may be "wrong", but then again I dont fancy getting bored to death.

In ACC that means mostly Bentley but since 1.0 I've taken a liking to the Lexus as well and been driving it the most lately. Somehow the gearing seem to be either too low or to high in many corners. Still it is a really nice drive.

I want to like the Nissan GT-R but it just feels so heavy for some reason. In long sweeping corners it just seems to want to overly push itself outwards.

19. trutya

trutya Simracer

this NSX looks really underpowered... try to like it but hard...

20. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

Good Post OP. Last night I found for the first time being overwhelmed with choice. I do not spend a lot of time as others have, I at 92 hours total in ACC as of right now with 80 on AC on my PC, but probably equal that on my sons rig with VR.
    But the cars, with AC I like F1 and the GT3 cars. My son likes the street stuff I have run Mazda mainly in AC as I find it just fun and well we have Miata's

But ACC is different the AC in so many ways as stated I found myself overwhelmed last night. been sticking with BMW, then switched to Lexus but Porsche and the Reiter Engineering R-EX I have to say is pretty freaking nice. On Brands Hatch was fun as all heck.
    But overwhelmed as with all cars takes a few laps to get back to your average. As example, no matter what I run at Monza, I run Low 1.50's I just cannot find that magic setup t put me in the mid to high 1.4s. All other tracks I run on and around the same lap times once I get a few laps (10 on average) to get me in my normal zone.

I do not car emuch if I can push to low 1.4s in Monza, but its frustrating to not break out below 1.50. Bored NO, never BORED. I had this conversation with someone on a real motorcycle forum who stated he was or gets bored within a few miles of riding. In real life I told the guy to get off his bike for a few months as boredom leads to mistakes, mistakes leads to pain. Needless to say he got made and FU'd me for being mean.

I say if your bored in a SIM, then you are not actively pushing yourself, trying to feel how the car is handling, and activly thinking about the track and how you can best your next lap, next corner and adjust accordingly. But really bored means in a SIM your not having fun.

Just my opinion

deadmeat2k likes this.