1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your favorite car sound in ac and irl?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShredatorFIN, Jan 17, 2015.

1. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Question is in the title! :)

Personally I haven't heard that much supercar engines IRL but in AC my current favorites are definitely Ferrari F40 and Lamborghini Miura. The sound just brings a grin to my face. Actually I thought F40 had the best car sound in a game ever, then Miura almost topped it. That sound is just fierce! Of couse not as powerful as some of the more modern cars, but tone might make you think otherwise. Also the Shelby Cobra is pretty cool. The most modern cars don't have that rawness and angry tone. I love how many of the cars in AC sound "alive". It doesn't sound like computer generated humming that just shifts pitch, it actually sounds different on every pedal press. I guess I like more "older" cars in AC, some of the more modern race cars sound like half car half space shuttle :p

What car models would you like to see in AC, soundwise?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Favorite car in ACC? Feb 10, 2019
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Just an idea - Save Your Favorite Car? Jan 1, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Your favorite car replays Oct 4, 2017
    Chit Chat Room My personal favorite cars to drive in AC! Oct 28, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Is there a way to edit the favorite car list in AC Oct 15, 2016
    Console Lounge Favorite GT3 car Sep 11, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Your favorite cars from the new pack? May 18, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Favorite lotus street legal car in ac? Mar 22, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Your favorite car in ac Feb 26, 2015
    3D car models I search my favorite car for assetto corsa [renault r26] formula 1 Feb 9, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Favorite car from the 70's or 80's? Sep 7, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Survey: favorite car per track Aug 27, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Favorite track and car combo? Feb 23, 2014
    Screens & Videos My favorite cars,racetrack,my video :) Jan 12, 2014
    ACC General Discussions Favorites, enjoyables, difficults tracks Jul 12, 2020

3. In AC soundwise I would love to see an f-type R they sound absolutely brilliant, but I feel that the sound engine where it currently is would not be able to do justice to the cracks and pops the car makes.

TAM Spencer likes this.
  4. MrDoedel

MrDoedel Racer

To be honest, I am still very disappointed with the Assetto Corsa Sound. My hope was, that with the promised FMOD
    engine things changed, but still it's like sound with ear plugs :-(

So, since December 2014 I switched back to rfactor 2 and Race Room Experience and Games Stock Car Extreme 2013.

My personal favourite in terms of sound is: The V12 Matra in rfactor 2

This beast has not just incredible sound, its also very funny and challenging to drive.
    This car feels really alive ! Give it a try. Try it on Mid Ohio Miller 200 Version 2.01.

My sim racing history started with Revs on C64 and F1GP on the Amiga.

I was on of the first buyers of AC and Netcar pro. I loved it. Nearly the whole 2013/2014 I played only AC.
    But after disappointed about the 1.o version, I tried again rf2 GSC2013 and RRE.

Now, I really love the RRE with the DTM 1992 cars. The open wheelers in GSC 2013 are crazy,
    and nearly every car (high lights Clio 1.51 and Ferrari 643) in Rf2 is perfect.
    To be honest, you need a monster PC to run rf2 and it takes some time for setup and fine tuning, but then have the real thing.

But, I am also sure, that AC will improve.
    In AC I like the sound from the Lotus 49 / 98T and of course the BMW DTM E30.

Just my 2 cents ...

Rodrigo Pires likes this.
  5. ouvert

ouvert Alien

ingame .. probably none .. at least not while driving .. but few of replay sounds are pretty good (98T).
    IRL: .. way too many ..

6. APC900

APC900 Simracer

I'd love to have the Carrera GT's V10

7. DEChengst

DEChengst Racer

Back when the sound of an F1 car would send shivers down your spine and not make you want to throw up a little bit, like the cars from last season.

EDIT:

Was just taking a shower and thinking about this post a bit more. In 2014 you didn't wear hearing protection because the cars were driving around in librarian mode. In 1994 you didn't wear hearing protection because it was considered blasphemy and you took a bit of hearing damage for granted. I had the pleasure of hearing the EuroBOSS on Zandvoort one time. Every time the field passed you could hear the Ferrari scream it's V12 song overpowering the other V8 and V10 cars.

I'm a real sucker for Ferrari V12 engines BTW. I want the F50 GT in AC just for the sound it makes on the downshifts:

Fun starts at 02:30.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
    bgil66 likes this.
  8. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I watch this vid all the time just wishing and hoping F1 will sound like that again. Yes last year was a joke. Power Units in F1? come on bring back the Scream!!

9. Wildkatz

Wildkatz Gamer

Ingame? I don't have one.
    Miura and Z4 GT3 sound good though.

In reallife?

0:50 and following seconds... goosebumps.

BMW M5 E60 is also very nice. Screams like a beast. Heard it several times in RL and it's so f*cking loud :D

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  10. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The Miura does sound awesome.

I have been critical of the sounds in the past but I do feel they have improved recently. The Cobra sounds pretty good, I also like the Huayra.

11. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

In real life there are a lot imho , depending on how many cylinders, revs, power, NA or turbo, I don't mind at all : Metro 6 R4, Lancia Stratos, 430 Scuderia, 458 Speciale, 997 GT3(RS) , M3 CSL, 90s dtm high revving BMW/Benz, Jaguar XJR 9(LM) Carrera GT, McLaren F1/LM, F40 Competizione/LM Ferrari V12 3.5/3.0 90's F1 cars, Ferrari 512S, 512BB, FXX, 599EVOXX etc.

In sims I found the 312 in GPL always something else, but that's too long ago, nowadays and in AC original, L49, E30 DTM, 458GT2 doesn't sound bad either, I don't like the Miura (frogeye headlights) neither the sound sorry. Mazda 787B neither.

Modded sounds I don't know, I guess elmariachi and company have the best....

Cheers
    Robin

12. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

double post sorry.

Edit, I'd better use this space for some footage, V6 > 8500rpm.

Cheers
    Robin

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    nijeat likes this.
  13. Animal Ed

Animal Ed Simracer

In game it is Cobra and F40 from original sounds and elmariachi`s F40 s3 modded ...

Irl my choice based on number of cylinders with note about some cars which have great sound from the outside (flying away) but inside is nothing special ... also it is about sounds that I heard in person only so I may drop some great sounding cars from my list because of that...

4 pots: Lancia rally 037 (pure aggression on open throttle) Delta S4 (same as 037 + louder roots)
    5 pots: not much choice but old Audi Quatro sounds better inside than outside (street version, have no idea about race version inside)
    6 pots: every air cooled Porsche, Alfetta GTV 2.5
    8 pots: small block, big block with side pipes, Audi R8 4.2, Ferrari 355
    10 pots: F1 BMW V10 only, imho - street V10`s are on rev limiter right when sound starts to be interesting so no go for me
    12 pots: Ferrari 512 BB, Ferrari 642

14. The Cobra is probably the best engine sound in AC at the moment. As for the other end of the scale......I still think that the road version of the Z4 sounds a bit "tinny", but I would need to hear the internal sound in a real Z4 to know for sure.

15. nijeat

nijeat Simracer

To put it frankly most of the cars in AC are even better than the Granwhateverturismo and Forzawhatever.
    And if I were to pick some of them it would be SLS, E30 Drift, Cobra, Ruf, 599xx and etc. This game, even in terms of sound, is pretty much nice to me for now, of course it could be because of my low expectations for sounds.

Below is real life SLS and IMO the AC SLS sounds fairly good just considering it's speaker sounds. :)

16. In AC: Yellowbird with 100% turbo pressure
    IRL: V10s in F1.

17. Voodoo

Voodoo Gamer

I have to say. My favorites are still the rotary. Mazda 787b!

And also Madmikes RX7 MadBull!

18. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

OK,

best sounding car in real life... Turn this up loud

As for in game, I think for me its got to be the Civic JTCC sounds by the modder on here.

19. APC900

APC900 Simracer

Skip to the 4:00 minute mark and enjoy what I'd like to hear in a modern sim.

20. APC900

APC900 Simracer

or this....jump to 5:04 minutes.... then come back and watch the whole video. Well worth it to read what he's saying if you don't speak french.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015