1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your Impressions: Cayman GT4 vs. Exige V6 Cup

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by xystof, Jan 16, 2017.

1. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

Hello lads,

After very nice conversation about the SUVs in AC I decided to get your opinion on the Cayman GT4 and Exige V6 Cup. Both cars are pretty similar with Lotus being more lightweight and Porsche more powerful.
    In theory the perfect rival for GT4 is the standard Exige S because of almost ideally similar power/weight ratio but in all honesty while driving quite hard at Imola I have very, very similar - almost the same times in GT4 and V6 Cup while Exige S is lagging around 1,5s behind the two (of course all of them on default setup).
    So which one do you prefer?
    For me it's the V6 Cup which feels more light, more responsive and direct, and faster on direction changes as well as more planted on the track. It's actually one of my favourite cars in all AC cars line-up.
    Cayman on default setup is a little bit too slugish at front and too slow on direction changes, also you need more input for the same reaction as in V6 Cup. Stiffing the front ARB a little bit and setting the dampers little bit lower helps to eliminate this tendency. Thing that could not be eliminated is too long gearing IMO.
    I have to admit I was quite dissapointed with the GT4 at the beginning (TBH on the other hand I'm totally in love with 718 Cayman S) but it's growing on me all the time - especially thanks to possibility of playing with front/rear ARBs so you can make out of it fun drifting machine or more darty and precise hotlapper.
    Still, two great cars and a lot of fun going 1 on 1.

So... your thoughts guys?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Reverb G2 First Impressions Dec 1, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions First impressions Nov 23, 2020
    Console Lounge Impressions on base XBOX - not what I expected Jun 24, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Driver Swap - 1.3.3 - First impressions Feb 14, 2020
    ACC General Discussions 1.0.7 beta impressions. Aug 4, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Zandvoort 2019 Gridwalk, Pit and Paddock impressions! Jul 15, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality First impressions of VR Oct 21, 2018
    ACC Physics General impressions about the physics Sep 13, 2018
    ACC General Discussions First impressions and feedback Sep 12, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Update 1.14 and RTR DLC impressions May 18, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions 1st hour impressions with AC Mar 18, 2017
    Console Lounge Porsche Pack 2 & Red Pack Car impressions Jan 11, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Levante vs. Macan (vs. Colossus) impressions Dec 22, 2016
    Chit Chat Room 1.11 and PP3 Impressions Dec 20, 2016
    Console Lounge Patch 1.10 is live! Impressions, improvements, bugs... Dec 9, 2016

3. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Please wait until the Exige V6 Cup gets proper v10 treatment (tyres, inertias, extra sauce, etc)

4. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

Alright... Aris! Great to see you here :D Have you been driving both of them in real life? :>
    It would be great to hear your opinion on both of these cars ;)

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  5. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

when I had a look for the best competitor for the GT4 I thought the Evora GTE or GTE Carbon looked closest. Based that on RSR though which isnt ideal. Maybe worth a try.

6. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

Considering AC is now being sold like for 2.5 Years, we really are not entitled to expect any further work/developement going into this, yet here we are!
    Hats off to you guys!

7. as a PC sim/game 2-5 years in development for a is pretty normal these days. And it's also easier to maintain by adding DLC and free stuff than creating/developing a new sequel from scratch. Unless you are codemasters that comes out with an F1 game every year

8. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Great news, so all older cars will get this refresh at some point?
    Some feel really dated comparing to newer models, ffb, cockpit, textures.

9. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

as always happened

10. Linus27

Linus27 Simracer

Lotus is my favorite cars in AC (Lotus Elise S1 is my real life car) and the Exige S and V6 are both great. My favourite is the 2-11, that's just driving heaven. So pleased to read they are getting the V10 tyre treatment. Hats off to you Kunos.

Kristaps likes this.