1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your real life car?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Wrongfire, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

That was going to be my next guess as I have those on my car now as well. :p

William Levesque likes this.
  2. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

@Radiantm3 , love the new car. I only drove one for about 15 minutes, but the magnetic damping was unlike anything I've ever driven before. Nice and taught when turning, but very comfortable on choppy pavement. Eager to hear what you think of it on the track. :)

Turned in my SHO today, I'll miss it. Perfect Interstate cruiser, accelerates like a tsunami, and is surprisingly fun on a twisty road. And, cops don't look twice at a white Taurus. ;)

SHOs.jpg
    AWD sedan with a twin-turbo V6 from a pickup truck. :p

Robin_NL, Maxidyne and GTHQ_koop like this.
  3. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I just came back from the dealership.
    All our cars are manual, but now wife wants to have a car with an automatic transmission. In the past few months I have been constantly doing research what to buy next. Today when I was test driving a V60 at a Volvo dealer, the salesperson heard I daily drove a Subaru STI, and told me they just had got an ISF and asked me if I would like to see it. After a while the decision was made. I traded my 2015 Subaru STI for this 2008 Lexus IS-F.

Attached Files:

arthur666 and Maxidyne like this.
  4. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

I bet you'll miss the STI. It's such a cool car. But sometimes you have to go for practicality, and pleasing the partner is important.

I remember, 15 years ago trading in my '97 Miata on a used 4x2 V6 F-150. It was a sad day. Made my wife happy and was ultimately a better vehicle for a young family.

But last month, I got my hands on another 1997. :)
    IMG_20181105_161011.jpg

IMG_20181105_161022.jpg
    I tossed these mats, they're ugly and and big honkin' feet need bare carpet for maximum space. I like the wheel, and the shift knob grew on me after a drive or two.

Red's gonna have to go. Garage only holds one tiny car.
    IMG_20181118_161753.jpg
    96k miles on it. Kinda rough, but runs good. Swapped the 14" daisy wheels from my red '93 because those polished ones weigh a ton.

Fix an oil leak (crossing fingers that its only valve cover and/or CPS), get some nice wheels/rubber, better brakes, replace the fake roll-bar with a real one, and I'll have a fun car for VIR next season. Not going to touch the suspension until its been around the track some.

Had no muffler, so I put on a straight pipe for now... it's obnoxiously, alarmingly loud. :oops:
    IMG_20181118_164934.jpg

Robin_NL, Kristaps, Maxidyne and 3 others like this.
  5. St3fan

St3fan Alien

We still have an 03 miata and a 05 Cooper S (a surprise gift I used for proposing to her), both manual transmission for fun cars.

But you are right. I'm already missing the STI - it might be all the stories I've had with the car, and it might be that driving a manual makes the car feel like a companion, while driving an automatic makes me feel I'm riding an appliance on wheels.

Anyways I look forward to taking this ISF to some events and see what the V8 truly feels.

FB_IMG_1543876161720.jpg
    20180511_110206_HDR.jpg

Robin_NL, Maxidyne and arthur666 like this.
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

My wheels

Attached Files:

7. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

What's that? A Pontiac G8? ;)

8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

Haha, yeah that's it.

arthur666 likes this.
  9. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Since the beginning of october this is my new car, traded in my 2016 M2.

[​IMG]

This spring I'll put on an axle back Remus or Lightweight TA exhaust system (because of maintaining the OPF petrol particle filters and I don't want warranty claims)

Cheers
    Robin

10. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

Still got me little Honda, no upgrades recently just maintenance (2 new front lower control arms!) and another roadtrip

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love Switzerland!

esox71, AlleyViper, Robin_NL and 4 others like this.
  11. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

I like your Honda, but can you imagine driving that little red Fiat thru the Alps? :cool: <3

12. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

I know! I didn't speak to the guy but I imagine both the climbs and descents would have been very slow, I wouldn't be trusting those drum brakes, although saying that he probably had a more comfortable ride than me on that particular pass - it was on the old Tremola St Gotthad pass which is all cobbles, so the Civic on stiff coilovers, ARBs and full pollybush kit (and a loose subframe bolt!) made for a very noisy, bumpy ride

arthur666 likes this.
  13. hazardic

hazardic Alien

14. My new baby
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

esox71, jaxx_za, cooknn and 2 others like this.
  15. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

My car's not on the right. :D

Attached Files:

• F56.jpg
      F56.jpg
      File size:
      335.2 KB
      Views:
  16. OsmanV

OsmanV Rookie

Old love VS New Affair[​IMG]

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Rema84 and Maxidyne like this.
  17. The Ferret

The Ferret Rookie

I've wasted a lot of time looking through most pages of this thread over the last few days, some great cars in here.

The car below I built in my garage, there no base car underneath its a tubular chassis and a space frame. Be nice to finally drive it again one day!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]