1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your rig/setup

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ethan Dean, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

Figured it was time for one of these :)

Mine is super messy and far from ideal, but it does the job. The desk is rickety and rubbish, and my chair is actually a sub-par cheapo racing bucket mounted onto an office chair base which was found down at the dump. Still far better than the wooden chair I had before, which did my bloody back in. As for the gear itself; eight-year-old Logitech Driving Force Pro, Fanatec CSR Elite pedals, and Thrustmaster TH8RS. Blurry mobile pics are blurry, but 'tis the best I can do.

[​IMG]

My favourite part is definitely the TH8RS, a recent acquisition. Such is my love for the Lotus 49 that I tracked down a wooden knob which looked somewhat like that of the real car, and mated it with a short-shift gate from YipZone.

[​IMG]

The addition of this shifter meant I could finally map the handbrake to the small bump-shifter beside the DFP too, very convenient. With the shifter in sequential mode, this makes for a pretty rally-ish setup... I really should fire RBR up again :)

I also found the same kind of knob with a John Player Special themed cap. Not accurate to the 98T at all from what I see, but should still be fun once that car arrives.

[​IMG]

I'd make a start on something better to hold it all, but a lack of disposable cash and a potential country move on the cards makes that impossible for now. I would love to design and weld a tubular steel rig, though, for absolute solidity. I'd replace the DFP with a Bodnar wheel, and the pedals with a set of Niels Heusinkveld's sim pedals. Call me insane but I would really love to do the same thing Remco Hitman did with his Tyrell P34 cockpit, but for the... you guessed it... Lotus 49 :) I can but dream.

Keen to see what everyone else is using, post 'em up!

Tibalotte, mrk1001, KRodrig1 and 14 others like this.
  2. James Weber

James Weber Gamer

Hi,
    Here is my rig

[​IMG]

I am using the Logitech G27 wheel as the second pic just shows the mod i did to the pedals
    They are just removed from the plastic case and mounted on my rig
    [​IMG]

3. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

4. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Isn't that gas pedal too far a part for heel&toe?

5. James Weber

James Weber Gamer

Hi,
    I tried to keep the same distance between the pedals like they where originally mounted when I remounted them

Here is what they looked like before the mod
    [​IMG]

.. I still need alot of practice at that technique anyway

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  6. DEChengst

DEChengst Racer

Playing with a Logitech Attack 3 joystick at the moment. I plan on getting the Thrustmaster wheel with 458 rim and H-shifter. Going to buy it as a set, as the shop I want to buy it at gives a nice discount on that. Shifter is out of stock at the moment with a new stock date unkown, so now I'm waiting and waiting. Really want to buy at that shop though as the price is nice, and it's at walking distance from my home. After spending that much money I'll probably feel the need to punish myself for that. I guess I'll turn off all driving aids and jump into the F40 S3 to do so. I don't have a driver's license so that should prove quite interesting....

7. Ethan Dean

[​IMG]

It's about the same as I have mine, I guess it's just a matter of feel (and possibly shoe size). I personally like a bit of distance so that I can apply the full ball of my foot to the brake pedal face, while blipping the throttle with my entire heel on the bottom half of the accelerator pedal face.

8. cooknn

cooknn Alien

Logitech G25 • Playseats Evolution • Sony Bravia 46-inch XBR3 (connected via HDMI)

[​IMG]

sloty, Xenix, Hanzales and 4 others like this.
  9. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Depends on how big your feet are :)

BubbaZ and paulieGTR like this.
  10. Justice0320

Justice0320 Gamer

Due to having to use my living room and only PC i use a wheel stand not a rig, but the Wheel stand Pro seems to do the job for now.

[​IMG]

BubbaZ, sloty, Marius van Wyk and 8 others like this.
  11. Predator

Predator Gamer

image.jpg image.jpg Heres my rig fanatec wheel feels excellent on assetto will be spending many hours here in the future i think with assetto much to the dissapointment of the wife! Oh well lol

da1507, BubbaZ, sloty and 12 others like this.
  12. cooknn

cooknn Alien

This game is such a freaking blast. I just jumped into a new car on a new track (BMW Z4 at Imola) and ran around like an old man hitting all the apexes and exits just right. After several laps I started pushing harder and harder. *So* much more immersive with my seat in front of the big TV. I actually put my Playseat on Craigslist a couple weeks ago. Before I knew about Assetto Corsa. I'm so glad it didn't sell right away. I had a change of heart after one day. It was destiny :D

13. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

I used to use this for flying and racing then I made another one for flying so I dont have to keep swapping controllers around all the time. It's nice to be able to sit down and race without any setup. One shot how it was when I first made it and now after a few changes to some of the gear, the wheel, pedals and larger monitors and a dash. Nearly finished :)

fin3.jpg rs.jpg

14. cooknn

cooknn Alien

^ Dood. That is an amazing rig :eek:

15. Ethan Dean

Looks solid as a rock, style points for diamond plate. Good call on the TH8RS :D

16. That is a crazy nice rig!!

Leemstradamus likes this.
  17. cooknn

cooknn Alien

That is a killer shifter. Mine is under the bed, LOL. Have you found a way to dynamically switch between paddles and shifter depending on the car?

18. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

Thanks guys, I made it solid so it would take everything I threw at it. That has been good until I got simvibe and added four transducers to the corners. Now it absorbs too much of the vibrations through the base. I have been meaning to add some vibration isolation between the steel frame and the base so that I can get simvibe working properly.

19. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

I dont have the shifter on it right now so I havent tried it in AC. I know in iracing I had the paddles set for up/down and a H pattern had a different set up as well. Good point as it would require remapping every time in AC if I needed to do that.

Hmm, just plugged it in to try it, you are right. It's not as bad as having to remap controls but you do have to go in to the controllers and tick/untick the option for separate shifter.

cooknn likes this.
  20. Ethan Dean

I assume you mean the shifter when it's in sequential mode, if so, then sadly no, I have to use separate control assignments for that. It'd be neat if AC automatically recognized a TH8 in sequential mode.

Jaytrackrideruk and cooknn like this.