1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your rig/setup

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ethan Dean, Dec 26, 2013.

1. hazardic

hazardic Alien

that's LG 32LN570V flat TV 120 ghz (btw lg's are awesome, my recommendations). was thinking about maybe swapping someday to LG 42LB552V or even Samsung UE48H8000 before occulus cv1 availability, but always stop myself because of the free space.
    Keyboard to the rig was mounted by ipad clamp holder lol. In this case it's Ultramounts 801. it has bendable bar. Same clamp holder holds the center of 5.1 system
    2115.750x0.jpg

So i just drilled 3 holes on the side of the table mount and attached it to the other side of the rig - to the place where could be mounted gearbox holder. Photo is a liitle dizzy but it gives a clue. Velcro fastener holds keyboard itself.

[​IMG]

Err, what is deskracer style? You mean a platform on dyi?

2. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

Here's my Fanatec setup. I love it, but it feels almost lame after seeing all the incredible custom builds around here. :) But in the end I just want to spend more time driving and less time configuring. Since my rig is in our "formal" dining room space, I promised my wife I'd make it all look as nice as possible since it's an open space where people will see when they come over.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

:O how is any aspect of that lame! even seems quite compact considering! stools for rear speakers?

Leemstradamus likes this.
  4. Radiantm3

The stools are for my "rear passengers". Haha. I just stuck those there so friends have a place to sit when they visit.

Leemstradamus and ears1991 like this.
  5. hazardic

hazardic Alien

yeah you're not alone - can't lost feeling my rig is kinda lame and dull too, cause g-forces is the only what i miss.
    btw did you win that cup or that's just a collector item?

6. Radiantm3

I won the cup, but it's nothing special. Small local track event group that runs time attacks. But it was my first time attack event and first trophy from driving. :)

JoeMoore likes this.
  7. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

8. Trent2015

Trent2015 Rookie

I recently bought a Thrustmaster F430 FFB wheel. Very solid FFB and design. Gave my old rattly, wobbly-calibrated G25 to a friend.

[​IMG]

I prefer just a desk clamped setup. I haven't got the cash for much anything else...... And I still win races :)

9. hazardic

hazardic Alien

now i see, thanks. well, it seems vr3 is quite possible to adopt at least to 2dof
    well, it's something special for me though - i don't have a local track, but you even won laguna seca time attack - that's unreachable heights for me

10. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

My latest incarnation of my rig. Not finished yet but I thought a couple of my changes might interest someone.

330mm Sparco Ring wheel has been a big upgrade (Mounted on DSD boss) but it meant that I couldn't find a good height for the wheel with my GT Omega setup.
    ed 4 fence mending brackets and some M6 bolts to make it possible to put the wheel tray absolutely anywhere. It looks weak and rickety but surprisingly it's strong enough.

Also, I made a floor. Now I'm a lot more relaxed on and off the pedals. Simple I know but it makes quite a difference.

RigJan15.jpg

Floorandbrackets.jpg

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  11. Paul Haworth

Paul Haworth Racer

[​IMG]

...and yes, my rig includes genuine 60s pheasant themed curtains.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. Paul Haworth

Paul Haworth Racer

A video tour of my rig this time with a special treat for Blade Runner fans at the end!

13. tqtq

tqtq Rookie

I'm not sure if it's a right place but have to ask. What I can do with this pathetic DFTG pedals? I love the steering wheel and don't want to change it. I want to buy just two pedals without clutch but i can't find anything. I can spend about 100$. Any ideas?

14. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

Not really sure TBH. I cant think of anyone making a set of pedals that costs less than $100.

Fanatec sell a set for $150 but require you to buy another adaptor to use without their wheel. Not sure of the cost on top of that.

They also sell a set for $79 that only works with their wheels. You could buy a $30 controller board and rewire it. That would get you at about $100 working on the pc.

Otherwise I would suggest looking for a set of g25, g27, T500 pedals. They do get sold as people with these wheels often have gone with a $500+ set of pedals and then sell the pedals that came with the wheel.

15. No I'm not on other forums.

The reason why I got it so quickly was the fact that one Finnish mate wanted to sell one of his controller electronics (he got 2 of those) for me. Therefore I only had to buy motor, wheel rim and equipments needed for mounting the rim and the motor. Braking resistor is still missing but already ordered.

Overall I'm very happy how it feels! Discovered that damping is your friend and the enemy at the same time. Would be even better if I could override AC's FFB settings with MMOS ones so I could use one of those effects (can't remember what it was) for getting heavier overall feel without adding too much of damping.

So still a lot to learn but feels pretty impressive already.

16. testdriver69

testdriver69 Gamer

17. Wow, seeing all those amazing rigs...mine can be defined as "old school", "vintage" or perhaps even "antique" :oops::
    Indian massive wooden table as desk, vintage style secretaire, 1930's leather desk chair, hand made victorian style double seat (with the sheat over), indian hand made wooden coffee table with elephant prints. It's located at the attic, which still needs some restoration.
    But this is what I like :p and where my inspiration for making AC skins comes to life.
    P.S.: The paintings come from the hand of my very artistic wife ;)
    DSCN5573.JPG DSCN5574.JPG

dnl, Nox, Michael Springer and 12 others like this.
  18. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

Here is a picture of my rig. Got some amazing upgrades coming at some point in the next few weeks or months :(. Looking to get a simvibe and a motion setup going in the next year and a half.

[​IMG]

19. Erwan960

Erwan960 Gamer

20. That's why I'm based on the attic :rolleyes: