1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your rig/setup

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ethan Dean, Dec 26, 2013.

1. LOEVG

LOEVG Racer

2. Toblerone

Toblerone Rookie

;)

Attached Files:

Nick Moxley likes this.
  3. True. All I need is a shifter like CSS SQ which would be built to last. I'd be happy to pay double the current price. Tired to blow up my engine when the shifter decides to lose it's calibration.

Thomas Cameron likes this.
  4. Goatboy

Goatboy Rookie

This is V1 :p i know the clitch looks like something from hell but it works sweet lol. Kiwis can make anything
    ATM i am using my driving force gt wheel with some DIY mods like a goat handbrake and clutch lol. Working on a H shifter atm to lol.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. hazardic

hazardic Alien

Yesterday finally got my CV1, so did some testing that day. And today have some laps on Nordschleife Endurance just to feel full immersion with my dof rig and accuforce. Sorry guys no actual in-game footage here cause of stupid fraps glitch - i've lost this video so i couldn't synchronize it. I will make another video with synchronized in-game video one day
    Feeling of being there in car is amazing especially when combined with motion rig. Had some nausea on the first lap but then it all became normal

and some photos of finally competed and satisfactory rig

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

That VR thing, I am bit skeptical about it. didn't it give some kind of dizziness? Or does it feel natural? I am shure there will be people ok with it others don't.

Sorry to be off topic, just couldn't resiste after saw that fantastic hazardic's CV.

7. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

I can only speak for myself. I am prone to motion sickness (sea sickness, amusement park rides etc) and was concerned about getting motion sick when I ordered the Oculus Rift. I had some mild reactions when I first started using it but that has disappeared totally. I don't think about it anymore and just enjoy the racing experience which seems a lot more real then on a flat screen monitor.

8. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Simracer

Not as nice as some of the rigs posted but it's my first race rig I'm very happy.

Full Fanatec setup , dsd CSW panel, simetik k2 cockpit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cheers

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    Wilfred likes this.
  9. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Thats good new, I've been skeptical about VR, but now I am starting to change my mind.
    Do you know if Oculus have some kind return policy?

10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Great and clean setup.
    You have DSD tilton pads on CSP v3, in which way they are better than OEM D-Shape ones?

11. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Simracer

There a lot more grippy and have more of a curve in the "D" than the standard d-shaped pads,handy for heel and toe.

Cheers

P.s. I don't know why I can't see the pics I put up I put the links direct from my google drive ..:(

12. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

You wouldn't happen to need a kidney, would you? I'll trade ya...for the rig!! :D:D:D Beautiful man...

13. hazardic

hazardic Alien

oh coome oon - this is nothing special, just a bunch of hardware mixed together and by my taste:D but i concur - this is a dream - it was for me, now i have it:D

ALB123 likes this.
  14. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

I was waiting for Thrustmaster to give info about their new upcoming GT flagship wheel, buuut then my G27 broke and so I did some shopping with bonus from work.

[​IMG]

God damn G27 VS T300 = T300 wins by miles. I can now catch slides better because I don't have to fight G27's gears even the ones I think I can't save. (Ask Vroom he saw it! after flugplatz where I caught it high speed, amazing feeling! :D ) And in general I feel more in control, I'm not afraid not only to attack a corner aggressively, but bite a chuck out of it. I have improved several PB times around Nord's, Just because I'm fine with going trough a corner sideways a lot more now. Only problem I have is finding 5th or 4th from 5th with the TH8. :D Also obutto has just enough room to mount the pedals GT style Yeah! I'm still getting used to it, but well worth it!

15. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Cool, congrats! Wish you luck with a good base. You close to their service area, you in the US?

16. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

Thanks man! Nah, I'm in UK.

17. Omelete

Omelete Racer

welcome to VR see you soon on the tracks

18. hazardic

hazardic Alien

baam:D
    new tech for vr

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Spot the difference :) Nice! ;)

20. hazardic

hazardic Alien

So finally tried full 1.7.3 update with cv1 and i believe i'm officially done with my setup - everything is on its place like i wanted to.
    So i decided to take a video how it actually looks now - this is what was intended to be with dof rig, finally no lcd and full submersion, despite the hmd sde.
    I'm so sorry (again!) for such crappy video (and crappy driving lol), i chopped the head off, and only after the video was done i thought i should record myself at full scale, besides i just learn how to produce picture in picture videos. Alas the overall video not so smooth because of fps mismatch - my phone used to record 720p video with 30 fps so the game footage was capped to this value and because of this look choppy almost all the time. My real experience was much smoother - for now i have to learn how to give you guys this smoothness in future videos. But sure thing, any video can't reproduce the feeling of it (especially with motion platform). Well, at least it synced properly:D
    Nurb GT, 15 ai cars (not all of them are shown during my practice though). Pits not working in rift mode (i thought it was fixed with pp bluriness - dunno pit menu just won't show up) so i did finish my practice in pits
    Setting for oculus rather sweet - all at ultra except hi-res mirror & reflections (medium), ppd was set to 1.0 (decided to try pure 4xAA first)
    pp filter is Natural (with custom glare so the bug with godrays doesn' affect me:D), looks nice and immersive inside hmd so that's for 1080 gtx was needed:D
    btw after 30 min, despite the ambient temp was 22C got lil bit sweaty face - forehead, temporal lobe and noseband (but i have dd wheel here afterall)
    Oh and btw don't wonder about resetting view during the video, that's me resetting it:D turned out it needs to be constantly adjusted because of dof rig elevations.
    I was using 1.8m hdmi and usb 3.0 extensions btw - not of all of them work even if they match hdmi specs, have tried many of them, besides as I suspect, hdmi extension doesn't work with mini-hdmi port, so because my previous 980gtx has one, the swapping to 1080 just went sooner I expected. The ebay order of Cable Matters hdmi extension became useless though - I fired cv1 up with another just before its arrival.
    Anyway, with pp the overall experience is a blast now, even with no working pits, the video I recorded represents only a pale shadow of such astonishing feelings being inside a cockpit, combined with any motion. My friends, I honestly don't regret I spent such amount of funds for all this crap:D it was worth it, the only thing missing is a burnt rubber smell or heated iron/plastic.
    Motion? Check!
    Immersion? Check!
    Direct wheel feeling? Check!
    Limited fov aka in a helmet? Check!
    Sweaty face?? Check!!
    Guys, I honestly don't know, whether worth it to use oculus without motion platform:D

some photos of finished look (well - till cv2 :D)

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]