1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Your thoughts on AC driving physics?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ALB123, Aug 26, 2016.

1. RSP_Figuur84

RSP_Figuur84 Gamer

So you mean that stability control on 0 is like in real life? I'm doing this out the top of my head now, but I experienced that (I think it was) the Lamborghini Huracan ST was not really good drivable, in my eyes a little too hard, spinning a lot. Is this maybe a bad stock car-setup? Or iis it just me? ;)

2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im not sure but is it this car we have ingame?
    https://squadracorse.lamborghini.com/cars/huracan-lp-620-2-super-trofeo

3. RSP_Figuur84

RSP_Figuur84 Gamer

4. Please don't shoot the messenger, but yes, the issue is you. Nothing to be ashamed of or even worried about, you simply need to practice practice practice.

I suggest spending a few days driving almost exclusively something like the BMW Z4 (street) or Alfa 4c at Magione in practice or hotlap mode. Don't worry a bit about trying to be fast, simply try to drive it and make laps like you would if it was your father or father-in-law's car and he is in the pits watching you. Once you learn the track (don't worry, it is short and at first will seem really simple) then you can start making laps against your own ghost (assuming that works in the console version) and start learning the skills to actually get faster.

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Great advice! I saw a couple of streams yesterday on Twitch and people went into cars like La Ferrari and Pagani Huayra. Would be nothing to raise your eyebrows for, if it wasnt that it was obvious that they didnt know what they were doing at all and thought they were super hardcore by running without assists - TC and ABS.

Its hard to realize how fast the cars actually are

gregack and UntrainedN00B01 like this.
  6. Borez

Borez Gamer

Loving the physics in this game, you really get a feel for the cars under braking and with weight transfer. Much more so than Project cars. I mean, I can even drive the X-Bow ;)

I particularly like progressive feel of the braking, trail braking is superb, you can actually balance the cars like you would on a real track and go smooth in, smooth out though corners. Never really felt that in a sim before.

One thing I'm also noticing is the corner cambers allowing me to kind of dance on the limit ( hard to explain that one really )

Favourite car so far ( I haven't even begun to test them all ) is the Z4 GT3. Man you can throw that thing all over the place. Loads of fun to drive.

The emphasis being on fun really, it's a lot of fun driving these cars. Especially on the limit. And even finding the limit in the first place.

Also the Lotus 98T brought a huge smile to my face testing it at the Nurburgring last night. Just have to remember to lift and then shift whilst using it with paddles. Could not get to grips with that car in Project cars at all, the boost would literally throw it into a spin every time.

I'm using the Logitech G29 FTR, works superbly. Super smooth straight out of the box. Need to buy myself the shifter for it though.

So yeah, big thumbsup from me on the physics.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Dont forget that you can change the turbo level on 98t, its binded to a button. Another car you can change that on is the RuF Yellowbird. The Yellowbird is actually pretty easy to push around the track when used with 10-20% turbo. On 100% its a death trap.

Borez likes this.
  8. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I must oppose what is said here. While stability control, different to ABS and TC, does not simulate a real system and is kind of a "cheat" function to make the driving easier, it is not beeing added for no reason, and I think the reasn could be even more valid on consoles when player uses gamepads. The better advise is to have stability tuned to lets say 25%, and then in steps, over days, reduce it to something at 5-10%, while you adapt to the steering. Else, in many cars and with a gamepad you might find the experience maybe frustrating when you always spin or fall off the track. Or maybe not, if you driving is skillful enough already.

I would recommend a bit more care with such absolute advices. ;)

Stability at 25% and then working down your way.
    ABS on factory, and when available: always on, probably (thats what they do in reality, too).
    TC on factory, but probably settings in the lowest third of available settings are preferred (in real series, TC gets used when available by regulations almost always).
    Your steering device is of great importance here. With wheels, you may chose other settings than with gamepads.

Mind you, guys, you spent money to have fun with this. So tune iACin the way you can enjoy it most. There is no such thing as "biblical commands" for what stab, TV and ABS must be set to. The settings are best when you enjoy the sim best and get your money' value back from playing it. And if that are settings turning it into an arcade game, then that is perfectly okay, when this way you get your money's value back.

9. Jimster71

Jimster71 Rookie

What FFB settings are you using on the T150?

10. Borez

Borez Gamer

What exactly does stability control do. I have mine set at 20% and I'm not noticing any real difference?

11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I think it help the car to stay in a straight line and not going sideways or at least making it easier to save the car when it does.

Borez likes this.
  12. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I think it applies a force to the opposite side when the car starts to slide.

people can and will use whatever settings they want but IMO its probably best to learn without SC (if you intend to race that way eventually) save having to relearn or iron out bad habits that SC will let you get away with.

Skemekos123 and Borez like this.
  13. Borez

Borez Gamer

OK, well that's staying off then.

Skemekos123 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  14. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Stability Control in AC is a strange duck for sure. Before the v7 tire mod it basically turned your steering wheel all the way. I think it was turning off some physics that weren't working very good with some setups.
    I don't think everyone's setup works the same. I can tell when looking at some videos of real hands on wheel. I can see they have more and quicker wheel input then I do.
    Your system setup is crucial and for me, stability control was a short cut about a year ago. I still notice a low speed lingering skid and funny plow steer compared to real life. Knowing Kunos it will be fixed or I need to look at some ini files closer.

Davestone likes this.
  15. breyzipp

breyzipp Gamer

My previous semi-sim racing experience :
    in the past @ PS3: GT5/GT6 with G27 + Wheelstand Pro
    at present @ XBox One: Forza Motorsport 5/6, Project CARS, Dirt Rally with Thrustmaster TX+TH8A+T3PA+Leather GT+ Obutto r3volution.

Now I bought the Assetto Corsa XBox One digital version a couple of hours ago, straight after installing the game I went to options and through all the assists to turn it all off or as realistic as possible (factory where available). Then went straight to the career mode (N1) and my first impressions from driving the 5 events there with the 3 available cars (Abarth 500 EsseEsse, Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV & BMW M3 (E30)) are as follows: I am ABSOLUTELY loving the entire feel of driving and racing! Everything feels so damn real! In Forza I am used to play with the braking line on because cars slide out of corners so unrealistically and easy plus you can't feel what the car is doing. In Assetto Corsa I drive also in cockpit view (of course) and that default FOV seems to be already spot on, I can really predict where I need to brake. And again, it all feels so real! Straight out of the box! No need to fiddle with 50 different FFB settings like in Project CARS, it feels great and strong! I might tone down the overall FFB strength a bit but the feeling of what the tires are doing is amazing. And that's not just FFB, that is also sound and also how the car behaves. All those things fit so nice together and finally make sense and you really do know what the car is doing from feeling + seeing + hearing, a great combination! Is it the same as in real life? Of course not! But it's hands down the first sim-game I ever played that comes so much closer to reality than all those other games I played before. Move over Polyphony and Turn 10, there is a new king in town when it comes down to car handling!

I'm going to keep the final verdict for over a week or so because I very well realise I've only experienced the entry level cars so far, but what an amazing feel it is! The difference between the easily controlable modern Giulietta and the retro RWD E30 M3 is amazing. The first time in the M3 I spun out of the first apex I accelerated out because I was still used to driving the Alfa. Quite a bit silly duh feeling. :) A few attempts later I was sliding the M3 around corners with a big smile on my face. :)

Does it completely kill the competition? I think not. Purely for driving it is already the king for me. But Project CARS has that lovely career calender mode and dynamic weather and helmet camera and Le Mans. I think both games really complement each other well. As far as Forza Motorsport goes, that game just sucks for racing but it does have nice graphics, ForzaVista and hands down the best garage out there. Talking about graphics and someone mentioning that Assetto Corsa has 2D trees in his mirror. Assetto Corsa graphics sure aren't bad, in fact the lighting effects on the dashboard are really nice. The environment is very much okay for me as well. I can't say its per se that much worse than the other games I played, IMO its up there with the rest. I really liked Project CARS for its environmental lighting and Forza for overall polish in the graphics department but seriously, AC is out there with the rest as well. I find not having night races or dynamic weather effects a bigger issue than these supposedly 2D trees.

Fear, Skemekos123, Mogster and 8 others like this.
  16. Birdorf

Birdorf Gamer

Don't think I changed much:
    FF: 80
    Curbs: 40
    Road: 30
    slip: 0

Reckon I'll knock another 10 or so off FF and Road, It's plenty strong enough for me.

Jimster71 likes this.
  17. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

@breyzipp Did you hang out in the Seasonal Events threads on GTPlanet about a year, maybe a year and a half ago? Your name sounds very familiar... I think we may have even been PSN friends.

From what I've been told Private Lobbies are 100% coming to the console versions. I know exactly how you feel about those wheels locking too fast. I struggle so much with the X-Bow because of front brake locking. With most race cars there should be a brake bias adjustment in the car settings. If the car does have it, the odds are you can even make adjustments on the fly while driving. Try lowering the brake bias 2% and see if you're happier with the brakes. Lower values are sending more of the braking bais to the rear wheels. Good luck! I'm very happy that you're enjoying the driving in AC! :cool:

Stability Control does exist in real life, however, Stability Control is Assetto Corsa is nothing like real life SC. I think stability control systems are only found on street (non-race) cars in the real world, but I may be wrong about that. I would recommend keeping SC at 0% unless you are finding certain cars impossible to drive. Just don't get too dependent on using it. You may develop some bad habits if you always use a high percentage and then try to race people who insist on keeping SC turned off. I learned the hard way. However, it is your game, do whatever makes you feel the most comfortable - I'm only offering advice.

I don't think you read my entire post @Skybird. What you wrote is pretty much the same as the advice I was giving. I never gave "absolute" advice either. Read the 2nd paragraph again carefully. Here's what I said:

Unless you have never driven a digital car in your life - no Gran Turismo or Forza experience at all - then I would recommend that you keep Stability Control turned off. If you are completely new to driving, try to use lower settings fairly soon in your AC career. Stability Control is completely unrealistic. It ruins the driving experience, in my opinion. Keep Traction Control turned on and you should be fine if you have more than 10 hours of Forza or GT experience, in my opinion. Or, feel free to turn off Traction Control if you really want to tear loose!

Of course, you should always use the settings that YOU feel most comfortable using. If you need Stability Control set to 100% right now, there is no shame in that. Just try to slowly turn down the SC settings every few driving sessions. You just don't want to develop bad habits that make you not able to handle the car if you enter a server that disallows SC. This is YOUR game. Play it how you want. If my suggestions help, great. If not, I'm sure someone else here will be able to offer better advice.

I don't know how I could have possibly been any less "absolute" in my advice. I never expressed a "biblical command", in fact, I said the opposite. I said that they should do what THEY feel comfortable doing. You gave practically an identical opinion as mine... :rolleyes:

Skemekos123 and RSP_Figuur84 like this.
  18. TheBadBoyRay

TheBadBoyRay Gamer

The physics are excellent. Just started playing but going fast with all the assists off is challenging, which is what I want.

Look forward to seeing how this game is going forward once any current bugs are ironed out.

Potential here for a great game.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  19. I love it using it on xbox one with g920 with g29 shifter first time playin AC ever i dont even hate how it is now coz i know in future itl be worth every single cent i spent on it hahaha so thank you kunos for releasing it on console coz i never owned a desktop pc to ever try this but i always watch youtube vids of and just dreamed of playin this
    Can confirm its 10x harder then forza and GT

Seria17hri11er and ALB123 like this.
  20. plastikman66

plastikman66 Gamer

Excellent can't fault them

Skemekos123 likes this.