1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Your thoughts on AC driving physics?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ALB123, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Simracer

I don't think pc players look down on console players generally, they look down on fanboy trolls who enjoy flamebaiting with comments like, "Lulz, GT has 1200 carz bro' and the best fizics in the world, it sold 15 millyun on da PS3, AC sukz...". It works both ways too because pc gamers are sometimes guilty of the same thing. I've seen nothing but respect given to any console gamer who makes reasoned and well though out assessments of any sim like PCars or AC, ported from PC to console.

I'm enjoying reading most of the comments of the console players so far and find that many of them line up with my own experience of moving from console to PC gaming a couple of years ago. Enjoy the game for what it is at the moment, I'm quite confident it'll develop extensively over the next few months.

2. Davestone

Davestone Rookie

I have put in about 5-10 hours so far i haven't found a consistent sweet spot with my wheel DOR and the accelerator(it seems to give full throttle at about 10% travel) . I think it would help if we could access tire temps, condition and steering angle on the fly, I'm not sure if I'm taking too much out of the tires with my driving or just made a mistake with brake pressure. I thought that the GTR had a bit of understeer that just seemed to hang around too long, the 458 felt better balanced and R8 very quick indeed. I think the tracks are a massive step up for consoles which will add a new dimension for races, track camber makes massive difference in AC. Lots to learn but should be fun.

Ace Pumpkin and vegaguy 5555 like this.
  3. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

You got it. Setup, setup, setup. I keep finding new settings I've never heard of before. Also, I think, we need to look and tweek after each update from Kunos. They are by far the most active, hands on that I have seen. Bless their hearts.

Skemekos123 likes this.
  4. Davestone

Davestone Rookie

Has anyone tried the the understeer setting it just seemed to make cars understeer more for me, snow plough straight on. It left me wondering is it an assist or a difficulty setting. Anyone have any solid info.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  5. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

enhanced understeer just exaggerates the feel of understeer through your wheel. its a FFB setting, nothing to do with game difficulty or physics.

DrVegas and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  6. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I have the enhanced understeer option enabled. With my DFGT wheel, it feels to get lighter all of a sudden, which kind of makes sense because I'm overriding the friction of the tire & slip angle. I don't know how realistic it is, but it's another bit of feedback coming through the steering wheel and into my hands and arms. I need all the help I can get. :D

Matt White and DrVegas like this.
  7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Just tested it myself and its awsome now. It really shows the optimum slip angle. As I tested it a year ago it was utterly useless, but now I'm totally convinced. Almost feels like cheating. :)

8. GatoSelvagem

GatoSelvagem Guest

I had an earlier version of AC on PC, but PC failed last year, short on funds, I purchased PS4 to run the other "sim".
    After spending more than a few hours with PS4/AC, AC's FFB/physics on PS4 are very close to what I remember on my PC.
    So I am very very pleased to have this to keep me going until I can put together another PC.
    Sure there are some niggling details to be sorted, but the driving is pure bliss.

I have seen many comments that racing cars FFB/physics are close to the "other" sim...
    In the other sim, I ran hard tires/no assists on everything, I can say in my case that...
    ...running hard tires/street tires in AC on same cars in the "other" sim...
    ...is much more demanding.

So I surmise perhaps those comments are based on running race cars with softer tires, and maybe assists?

Before I graduated to the PC, like many console players I had GT5/GT6...
    ...I always ran GT5/GT6 with no assists and 0 ABS, and was member of another forum's GT6 "No SRF" group.
    I always ran the "other" PS4 sim with no assists, max damage, wear, etc....
    ....and placed a few times in top 30 on TT LBs (PSN J...A....).

Also, in my opinion regarding the graphics and roadside eye candy....
    ...the detail on the tracks/kerbs is phenomenal, thats what really counts....
    ...when turning laps for precision, in such instance I have no time for sight seeing.

I use a a T500 wheel with TH8RS and TH8A shifters (no probs on PS4/AC I may add).
    I am very happy about the damage when using H-shifter for sloppy shifting....
    ...utter delight when a missed shift (@100% damage) destroyed Miura engine.

EDIT: Addition, I am running 30-35% Main FFB, 10% for Kerbs/Track...
    ...give or take +- 5% depending on car/tires/track. Everything else @ 0.

If Kunos staff read this...thanks much for keeping AC/PC FFB/Physics/Damage integrity on PS4...
    ...the rest I am sure will come in time based on what you've done on PC...
    ...even if it doesn't, the driving will keep me going.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2016