1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Zandvoort not laserscanned rumor(?)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Epocx, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Epocx

Epocx Alien

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Changing flag on trackside Zandvoort Oct 19, 2022
    Screens & Videos Lamborghini GT3 at Zandvoort Night Competitive Race - Newer Driver Aug 13, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Anyone find there is big "depression" on the track in Zandvoort, at this point!!! Jul 5, 2022
    ACC Physics Pressure drop at Zandvoort with the M4 GT3 Dec 9, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Zandvoort | HotLap | Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo - 1:34.959 Nov 18, 2021
    ACC Gameplay AI hitting wall when pitting on Zandvoort Apr 8, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Zandvoort track medal issue. Progress bar resets Apr 4, 2021
    ACC Physics McLaren 720s Zandvoort- tyre heat Mar 22, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Zandvoort Ferrari 1:34.518 hot lap Nov 8, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions One track, nine cars, nine different rims : A lap around Zandvoort Jul 15, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Championship Mode Zandvoort DQ issue May 5, 2020
    ACC Physics Zandvoort - very heavy bump Apr 21, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Grass clipping onto track and kerbs on Zandvoort Mar 14, 2020
    ACC User Interface wrong time imformation on real hotlap zandvoort for GT3 Dec 10, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI Zandvoort Oct 29, 2019

3. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

Was gonna ask just that.

4. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Usually they post pics of the scanning kit at the track. I don't remember seeing any for Zandvoort, so I guess its possible it wasn't scanned. I hope that isn't the case though.

Deatroy and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  5. Epocx

Epocx Alien

It wouldnt make any sense not to scan it. Unless it was cheaper.. cause its free dlc.
    which makes me want to pay for it and have it laserscanned.....

still cant believe that it is not scanned..

6. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

Even if it isn't laserscanned... Yes, it's one of AC's strongest selling points, yet it is nowhere explicitly stated that every track in AC is laserscanned. We just assumed they were going to be, because all of the race tracks up to now were. As long as AC isn't advertised as being fully laserscanned I don't think this is an issue. Sure, I'd love to get a laserscan version, but hey, it's free! I'm sure that the payed DLC will have laser scanned versions. And if they don't, and people aren't pleased with that, they simply wont buy the DLC. Simple as that.

AurusCE, RennPanda, dESK0 and 4 others like this.
  7. yusupov

yusupov Alien

it just seems bizarre to me...was really looking forward to a scanned version. does anyone know where in the stream he says this? as you say maybe he misunderstood the question.

8. yusupov

yusupov Alien

its not really that simple...id much rather pay to have a scanned version that have a free model of it. and the dlc tracks arent sold alone, they come with cars, so you can't simply vote with your wallet; besides, lets be honest, most of us here are going to buy any dlc kunos throws at us. the more casual users probably don't give a damn if a track is laserscanned or not. zandvoorts such a good candidate for scanning, better than brands imo & so much better than catalunya, this is a really mindboggling decision to me.

9. Weird that it isn't scanned, but at least it is free. Will be interesting to see how close to iracing's scanned version Simone gets without the scan data.

fatalevo2013 likes this.
  10. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Maybe isn't laserscanned because they buy the already done laser scan from track owners. I read somewhere here on the forum about Kunos doing or buyng laser scans when already done...

chargingcar and AlBahner like this.
  11. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I think you are absolutely right.. But really, guys: Please charge me for laserscanned tracks. Please.
    Offer support packs, or accept donations (and buy EA some day) - and don't sell your work that much under price (like the DLC).

I recently had a taxi drive around the VLN layout including nordschleife. Never been on the track physically, so my knowledge was limited to Shift2, Snoopy, Ac and pCars.
    The first thing I said after getting out again - after a hell of a ride - was how remarkable real the Kunos nordschleife "is". I knew every ****ing bump.
    I still can't believe this was my first thought after my first 9 minutes in a racecar and an extremly outstanding experience.

sennacher and Leemstradamus like this.
  12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Yes, maybe it is scanned, just not by Kunos?

I can see that they probably want to add content quickly. I can't pretend that I won't be disappointed if the no scan data turns out to be true though.

13. Quffy

Quffy Alien

We got pictures of their laserscan van from Barcelona and from Brands Hatch. But we never did of Zandvoort. We've got van pics/laser data points images of spa, nordschleife, monza, imola etc. Just nothing from Zandvoort.

Mogster likes this.
  14. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

Perhaps its a test, to see if its such a big deal to the community. If we all use the free non scanned version just as much as other tracks... its not worth them scanning in the future. Can produce much more content with much less man hours/costs.

Or...

Perhaps they just got the data elsewhere.

Who knows.

15. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I would much rather pay and get a laser scanned track, than have it "free" in a content pack but not be laser scanned, but that's just my point of view, i'm sure others will disagree.

16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Well Trento isn't scanned, Monza 66 isn't, for obvious reasons.

Assuming 3rd party scan data is available then I can't see why they wouldn't use that, unless cost is the bottom line. As others have said I'd rather pay a few quid for the DLC and have a scanned Zandvoort, it would be good to have a proper explanation for this decision, cost? time?

[RRRV] JuggernAlz and Lunae like this.
  17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

In the last stream he was talking about it was cheaper to scan it themselves because if someone for example asked Kunos for a laserscan they would take a price so it wouldnt be worth buying it.
    If its not laserscanned its sad news.

"Assetto Corsa is being designed to provide a very realistic driving experience, with officially licensed tracks developed using Laser scan technology, and the highest level of accuracy possible in reproducing real world motor racing environments."
    Laserscan is a bit of their marketing so if zandvoort aint they can edit that on their homepage too.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Possible because they want as many tracks as possible as cheap as possible now when we're looking at a console release.

19. Epocx

Epocx Alien

trento isnt scanned, and its an old track kunos did before. thats why. also its a hillclimb. way harder to scan, and way more expensive.

but zandvoort is a circuit!!

to be honest if its not laserscanned.... we have a mod for that track already,
    sadly i dont enjoy the track anyways because of the layout(personal preference). laserscanned might be different.

all kunos circuit tracks are laserscanned.
    why would that change?

well they can still claim that, cause its an addon?
    would be sad still....

PS: He said it pretty late into the stream.

20. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

You say you don't like the circuit layout, but maybe if it's laserscanned?
    This sounds like there are missing 3 sentences in between.

Dutchyfutch, TCLF and Glaurung like this.
  21. Epocx

Epocx Alien

Well some tracks you like more than others, you know? laserscanned nordschleife also does flow much better than the (already good) mod.

arthur666 likes this.