1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Zolder discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by OrganDonor, Jan 17, 2019.

1. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

I know there are a couple threads discussing the latest build but I wanted to see what you people think about Zolder specifically.

It wasn't a new track for me as I had raced on it plenty of times in RaceRoom and I have to say I quite liked it. It felt like a proper old school track with ups and downs and different challenges. Did 3 half an hour long races in ACC today and as much as I like it as a track I have to say I've lost some love for it when it comes to racing. There is literally one place to overtake opponents unless you're prepared to do divebombs, which always end up in me being spun out no matter how and where the AI taps me.

Another problem that I've noticed (playing on 100% difficulty and 100% aggression) is that in the first part of Terlamenbocht AI don't give a toss if there's someone on their inside. They stay on your outside almost going onto the gravel and the push you out completely off the track when turning left. Also, 3 times in 3 races I had 2 AI cars collide and get stuck just after the same 90 degree left/right chicane. Doesn't bother me too much but it's sad that they don't reverse and continue.

All in all, I wouldn't exactly say I'm disappointed with it but I don't have the enjoyment I though I'd have.

TL;DR
    Nice track, beautifully rendered but not really suited for racing due to lack of overtaking opportunities.

P.S.
    Here's an onboard video from Zolder - it does look as violent as it feels in the game. I guess that goes to show that Kunos have done a really good job with it:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Zolder Public Lobby Race Start Issue Dec 2, 2021
    ACC User Interface Zolder on open series Nov 24, 2021
    ACC Physics Zolder car setup Apr 5, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Zolder (2020) test SETUP, Porsche 991 II Feb 4, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Zolder grass trap :-) Jan 9, 2021
    Physics Bugs & Issues Zolder - grass trap Jan 9, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Zolder Long formation lap bug?! Not solved? Jan 8, 2021
    ACC User Interface Zolder "2019" Nov 26, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Career Mode exiting pit after pitstop Zolder Jun 24, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Common lags on Zolder Apr 2, 2020
    ACC General Discussions 908 Blue Audi CP server at Zolder Saturday 21:15 start I am sorry. Mar 28, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Zolder: AI Pit Limiter Zone (and auto engine stop/start slowing pit times) Mar 14, 2020
    ACC Physics Kerb usage @ Zolder Feb 16, 2020
    ACC Physics Ferrari Zolder Setup Jan 29, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room DTM 2020 Round 1 - Zolder Jan 24, 2020

3. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Darn, that is some balls out driving. Not the biggest Audi fan in GT3 but that was some lap. Just shows me how bad a driver I am ;)

4. AMarkham40

AMarkham40 Rookie

Zolder for me is the worst track performance wise in ACC. My framerate regularly drops below 60 in turns 2 - 4 & 6-7. I don't have this issue with the other tracks.

swannyuk and icemanzp like this.
  5. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

Never liked Zolder at all

6. Arlo

Arlo Racer

Zolder is a track to be patient, i really love the old school track irl and in the sim. there are more places to overtake than you think which you do not need to "divebomb".
    Nice job to Kunos for delivering an awesome track.

JDuvel and sps_for_race like this.
  7. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

This old school track might improve likeability and personal taste like by a 100% if all those curbs simply vanished. Keep the layout, remove kerbs = might end up liking Zolder

8. rpm

rpm Racer

I have only driven zolder in you racing. Extremely boring. Maybe the ffb does something when you hit a mountain curb or something, that is about it.

ACC though, what these guys have created here is a totally different experience and a miracle. I could go on and on. Wow Kunos. I wonder if you guys know how much we enjoy your simulator. It is absolutely miles apart from anything else out there. Simply incredible. It just feels like you think it should feel. If you guys fix MP this platform is going to go big. Rewrite it 5 times if you have to, get the MP to work like it does in AC.

aaaape, Boyracer, TDS and 5 others like this.
  9. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I really love this track, but do find it hard to find clean places to overtake . Going to take some practice for sure.

Arlo likes this.
  10. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

Where would you say are the places to overtake? So far the only one that has worked with aggressive AI is the Bolderberghaarspeldbocht corner (who the hell came up with that name). Everywhere else, I must admit, AI is just too good at blocking for me to pass. Sometimes too good as I've not seen drivers doing the same in real life.

11. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I laughed and sighed when I just went airborne on one of the curbs on a good lap(good job on the sky):p

Arlo likes this.
  12. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

I've decided Zolder is far more fun in the Lambo or Ferrari than it is in the Jag

Whitestar and Arlo like this.
  13. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, doing the special events last night and going from the Jag to the Ferrari... I couldn't keep the smile off my face. So. Much. Fun! Zolder really benefits from a more nimble car.

Arlo likes this.
  14. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

Tuning Jag on Zolder -
    (from aggressive)
    Raise height especially rear,
    Soften fast bump all round,
    Softer rear, stiffer front.

I've tried only briefly but this worked for me, please add any useful tuning tips. Thanks.

warth0g, Arlo, jaxx_za and 2 others like this.
  15. mike reynolds

Yeah I did as above but I also reduced diff preload and move BB backward which seemed to help turn in.... that took me to about 1.5 secs of the top of the leaderboard which is par for the course for me

Max Doubt likes this.
  16. Arlo

Arlo Racer

Turn 2 ( Sterrewacht bocht) is a great opportunity. exit turn 3 (Kanaalbocht) on the straight before chicane (kleine chicane), depending on your corner exit so you don't have to dive bomb the chicane. Bolderberghaarspeldbocht also know as the Ziekenhuis bocht (hospital corner :D). If you have a good ext from the first chicane you can overtake on the hill (Butte) going to turn 7 (Terlamenbocht). And try to out break them or get a better exit in the Jacky Ickx bocht (turn 10) I know it's not easy but doable. I really love this track.

OrganDonor and D.Jankovic like this.
  17. [PL] Taran

[PL] Taran Rookie

Hello guys. I don't know if its good place to post this, but I'm strugling to get lower than 1:29 on Zolder. Please, take a look at this footage. Maybe you'll have some ideas.

18. mike reynolds

Lines are pretty good, looks like you up tip-toing out of the faster corners in S1 and a bit late on the gas, maybe because you have TC on 2 (I've found I really need to lean on TC more in this car than others) or perhaps its your set up....you could take a bit more of the 1st part of the final chicane (sausages not so savage on this one) which would help get on it earlier coming out

19. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

Decided to jump in and see what laptimes I could set with a controller. Saw the 1:27.1 from some alien and first thing that I thought that your lap is already good, it's only ~2 seconds off the top times. Ironically, I managed to set 1:29.2 on my third of fourth lap with a Jaguar and its default setup.

Things that you are doing differently at a quick glance are:
    - You're losing too much speed in turn 4. I'm sweeping in and carrying more speed up to the next left/right sequence.
    - In turns 5 I have to break around the 90 metre mark, you're breaking way later, which I suppose is the benefit of a wheel and pedals. I would be guessing you can carry a bit more speed through it, you can actually cut the first kerb quite agressively, as long as you don't hit the second one on the right.
    - When you break for turns 7 you drop a couple gears and then glide almost waiting until you reach the chicane. I'd drop gears in a quicker but more evently distributed manner. Remember - time that your'e not breaking or accelerating is time lost.
    - Before turn 8 same as previously - you go boom, boom, boom ................ boom. You should start breaking later and shift gears quicker and more evenly.
    - Last but not least, you obviously lost quite a bit of time coming out onto the finish straight. Probably a couple tenths which also affects the speed you carry into turn one for the next lap so with that slide you've essentially half-ruined that lap too.

Other than that your lines are good. I'd say it's mostly breaking.

Another thing I can suggest is learn from the best. E.g. there's a guy called David Perel, he's driving the #333 Ferrari in Blancpain and he has his own YouTube channel. He has a few lapguides and plays GT Sport a lot (he doesn't have a PC before people start calling him a console pleb). He's really friendly (have spoken to him several times during his livestreams) and explains things really well. Here's a good video - see below the post. It's not Zolder but it's a track that has all types of corners so maybe you can spot something that you need to change. Pay attention to how and when he breaks and how he changes gears amongst all other things.

Here is his lap at Zolder in Project Cars 2:

jaxx_za and tjr like this.
  20. [PL] Taran

[PL] Taran Rookie

Wow... thank you guys for your help. Tomorow I'll try to use your ideas and post A video when i beat 1:29.

(1:29.2 with a controler i amazing. Great Job)

OrganDonor likes this.
  21. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Well, I am well of the pace of what is being discussed here, but this all seems like great advice. Can't wait to put it in to practice myself either. Thanks!