1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hotdog

Hotdog Simracer

SRO could be taking over the Australian GT championship.
    Kunos has some more work to do. ;)

Turk likes this.
  2. Nirvaesh

Nirvaesh Rookie

I wonder if the 2020 update will improve the NSX Evo BOP on the non ICGT tracks?

3. I'd ask the devs for a favor.
    There is a discussion ongoing (Youtube) about the tire simulation in ACC. It's the same guy who is bashing Kunos for many years now.
    Here my question: Are the tire walls a part of the tire simulation in ACC? If yes (what I think) to what percentage the tire wall simulation is needed for the simulation of the whole tire?

It would be awesome if any developer can answer :)

Thanks in advance.
    After_Midnight

4. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Could you please give me the link of that discussion.
    There are couple of things i find very odd as well.This is why i'm looking forward to new tyres and physics update.

5. It's the German Youtube Channel of Mabix and the discussion is going on in the comments in his last videos about Automobilista 2. The user you should looking for is Leynad Jee.

6. Leynad....lol...that guy was an idi*t back in the AC days, doubt much has changed.

Nox, chksix, Thomas Fun and 4 others like this.
  7. It hasn't ;)

8. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

oh its german lol , i will have to use translator.

After_Midnight likes this.
  9. C#27

C#27 Gamer

Not a dev, but read the discussion on YouTube (although I usually ignore that person for obvious reasons ;)).
    I don't know for shure if the tire wall is simulated, but since tire flex is a thing, it should be. For a real tire the characteristics of the side wall indeed are a quite important part of the overall behaviour.

What bothers me most about his statements is the fact that he thinks a physical model is always superior to an empiric model. Simulation will always be a simplification of reality. Just because a model is more complex doesn't make it more accurate. Often it is quite the oposite. A well done empiric model needs more input data from the real world, scince they are availlable for sim racing, at least in the case of ACC, it is better suited to that use case in my opinion. Physical models should be used in development phases, where the real product doesn't exist yet, afterwards it is usually wasted computational power (of course exceptions exist). But I strongly believe, until proven otherwise, that the empiric model of ACC based on real world data from Pirelli will be a more accurate representation of those tires than a physical model of 'some' tire.

Also the statement that tires only are capable of longitudinal or lateral forces but can't do both at the same time is completely false of course, as you tried to state, but I guess he'll never learn... There are real world GT3 drivers who state that trailbraking is indeed needed in GT3 machinery. But I guess they are all doing it wrong. He is right about not doing this in your every day street car, but that is a whole different story.

10. As I can see you get triggered as well by totaly false comments ;)
    But like you said he'll never learn it to take a discussion in a constructive way where both sides are able to learn from.

AndyK70 and C#27 like this.
  11. C#27

C#27 Gamer

Absolutely ;)
    I mean everyone can have their opinion and their favourite sim, no problem with that. But there is no need to bash others for thinking otherwise. I'm pretty shure the vast majority of us has never driven a real car at its proper limit, let alone a race car. So who are we to judge what is more realistic. If you want pure realism, do the real thing, otherwise enjoy one or more of the great simulations available today. And let others enjoy their choices.

Whitestar, aotto1977, Batch and 4 others like this.
  12. Nothing more to add :)

C#27 likes this.
  13. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

German ADAC GT Masters will be next year under SRO called International German GT Championship, right? So even more potential new tracks and series for Kunos to build :)))

Elrann, AndyK70 and After_Midnight like this.
  14. FloSimRace

FloSimRace Simracer

Where did you get this information?

15. JanR

JanR Gamer

th3o likes this.
  16. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Don't waste your time on Leynad, I mean it.

Nox, chksix, sissydriver and 3 others like this.
  17. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

He appears to be one of those guys who spend a whole party talking about which wine is the best and how it is supposed to be poured, while everyone else is simply enjoying themselves instead of listening to that guy's gibberish.

I don't give a wet fart about whether he approves ACC's tire model or not, I'll just keep on enjoying the games I like. :cool:

chksix, Flavus, sissydriver and 6 others like this.
  18. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I would think there must be some side wall tire simulation/modeling, as we can lose pressure if hitting a curb just the right/wrong way with low tire pressures.

I have,... :(.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    After_Midnight likes this.
  19. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

8.7GB download just coming through. Is this one of the previous hot fixes? Not played in several months.

20. I think so :)

This event can also pure scripted, I think.
    But it's not what I believe.

stephen_b likes this.