1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A thread for project cars

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by xystof, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yusupov

yusupov Alien

ok, so it wasnt just me. i gotta say i drove silverstone quite a bit in AC (some in rf2 as well) for a day or two & when i got on track in pCARS i had a wait, what kinda thing but by a couple laps convinced myself it was fine. i can rarely put a finger on these kinds of things, i should probably start watching where im going...

2. alex72

alex72 Alien

But it is crap if you are into sims. And you are posting on a sim forum. :D If you go to Steam discussion board or PCars forum im sure there is more praise for the "realistic" physics and FFB.

Not saying you cant have fun in PCars. Im sure you can, but it shouldnt be surprising that people who are into sims and want as real as possible physics and FFB to say they dont like it.

3. yusupov

yusupov Alien

yeah its laborious (not just manual reading, doing this stuff in pCARS -- no joke..): to choose a livery go to the garage, then click select a car, then click the brand, then click your car (probably the car you were already on...). from there you can prob see you can toggle liveries left & right

weather is a bit simpler, on the main screen to the right of the track youve selected click the calendar thingy, then look at the top, click conditions & you should be good from there.

idk who designed this interface its just astoundingly convoluted.

Robin_NL likes this.
  4. yusupov

yusupov Alien

i dont think its crap at all. as a sim, i mean. im prob more ehh, liberal in my taste than most but im hardly alone there!

5. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I'm not an experienced driver, but even I could notice lots of differences between tracks in AC and PCars. Since AC uses laser scan, I think the conclusion could be that PCars does not deliver the tracks exact as in real life.

Also look at the bridge/sign thing or whatever that overhead thing is called. The locations of those signs are very different at Imola and Spa (my most played tracks in AC) in AC and in PCars.

6. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

24h Lemans logo is imo only connected to the track

yes GTE cars are not in game, GT3 are,
    at the moment there are no corvettes, ferraris , but that doesn't mean they never will,

btw I only designed one of the LMP and gave some feedback/guide to the other LMp2, ( meaning Marek LMP2) , the other LMP1 and LMP2 (P30 and P20) was designed by Ryan Day

7. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

selecting skins is unfortunate design flaw on the UI side of things, UI was changed many times and in the end it wasn't properly finished/tweaked.

to select your own car with skin, you have to go to garage, on car selection screen in the 3rd screen , on very right, that lets you select class and then car, and in the car menu you can pick your skin, .. yeah bit weird. and I was hoping that SMS will have time to change it , but they ran out of time,

perhaps some patch can improve it later on, because it's really "hidden" and I'm sure many will have hard time of finding it

yusupov and Robin_NL like this.
  8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

So can you give me an advice on how to make the static forces transition better? Also under braking when the car starts to rotate there's no info in the FFB helping - it stays static. Is it the same for you?
    I really took my time to get it right and it feels ok but these issues remain.

9. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Hardcore Simmer

I actually like it and hope it makes other games improve their game in the aspects it shines... its not the best thing in the world since sliced bread and forget all the crap manbo jambo of having the top notch xyz functionality... its a dam good game out of the box, period, and if you need other games to be crap to enjoy Assetto Corsa, then you will be very disapointed thruout life.. sounds petty and small some comments people need to put out to feel better.

The graphical Engine for instance, stunning, not perfect but nevertheless stunning, i am pleased i do not have to go around fidling with settings a gazzilion hours so it just runs pretty, i like choices as much as anybody else but choices that improve a good base, not choices that i have to tweak a gazzilion times just to REACH that base.... for example the FFB seems the exact oposite as to Assetto, Asseto is PERFECT for me with minor tweaks, PCARS is not.... graphical engine is on PCars side, not just that the engine does night and whtnot ( couldnt care less tbh ) but for example, smelled my SLI setup and my god it uses it ... what a small step for Men and huge step for mankind.

Anyway....

Vítor Sousa and Digital Aura like this.
  10. hooligan|uk

hooligan|uk Simracer

Well you can tell the devs were behind shift,cars seem to handle the same,which is no bad thing but a sim,like assetto is a sim...no way.

Pcars embarrasses assetto in the atmosphere department tho,the weather,the chopper above,the crowd,tire chunks flying etc etc.Im guessing Pcars looked at assetto and thought 'well they nailed the psyhics,but driving in that game is like driving in a sterile chemistry lab surrounded by boring biology teachers' and too me thats what they done.The effects in Pcars are amazing,I love racing round brands with the real time weather,really gives ya that sense of immersion,but then ya brake into the first corner and the immersion is gone cause ya cant feel naff all,slide off into the very pretty gravel trap,and bounce of the very real looking barrier and drive off thinking 'If only we could have Pcars effects/weather with assetto handling and psyhics'

But it is not an awful game,so much more to do in pcars.Currently enjoying the clio cup touring around all the U.K tracks,and putting up with the U.K weather :) Was getting a bit bored in assetto,and every day there was no update was a bad day.This and DIRT will see me through till Kunos give us a bit more.

SunBro, snyperal, nate and 1 other person like this.
  11. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

Got to play PCars...grip at the front tires is artificial and the back end of the cars is basicly non existent or completely numb to say the least, kind of dissapointed.It`s a good game but not a sim.

VenomSRT and nate like this.
  12. Matson1984

Matson1984 Gamer

Just played this for about 4 hours straight and loving it. Graphically it looks amazing and a level up From Assetto Corsa. Iv been comparing both games maxed out on the same tracks in the same area and Project Cars has the better lighting and implemented motion blur. It just looks more natural and more life like. Im not saying Assetto Looks bad but when comparing the same places in both games Project Cars looks quite a bit better. The downside is some tracks and cars look better than others. You can tell they have put a lot of love into some of the main tracks as the detail is amazing and they look great but some others look abit bland and rushed.
    Handling is good but not as good as Assetto and so far the FFB is much much better in Assetto. Its not bad in Project Cars and im sure with some tweaking I can get it feeling better but it doesn't feel as natural and as engaging as it does in Assetto.

Weather is a huge plus for me as I just love racing in the rain and love the switch from Wet weather to dry and back to wet all in one race. Its probably the main thing for me that's missing in Assetto as i just love wet weather racing especially in the Formula one cars.

Thought i would add a couple pictures of Spa just so you can see the differences between the two games. Bear in mind motion blur always effects still pictures when your not still but it gives you a good idea in the overall look of both games.

Assetto Corsa...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Project Cars...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

yusupov, Sean and Boris Lozac like this.
  13. Quffy

Quffy Alien

AC takes less time to clear dust from the tyres after going off road, Pcars takes more time to clear dust from the tyres. Which is more realistic? How is it in real life?, hard to find such specific thing on youtube.

VenomSRT likes this.
  14. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

yes , this was my very favorite car for a longest of times, such a beast , but very nicely controllable

btw. people sayign that cars are easy to drive, this also comes to car setup, cars are setup so that they are drivable, but not necessary fastest. You can get same safe(er) setups in AC

15. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

what a surprise that in rain, the heavies possible case for FPS, it drops below,
    perhaps that's why there are options to tweak it, if you really need 60 all the time,

as far as I remember they said that they AIM to 60, and RUN at 60, but not that they are 60fps lock at all times,
    look at GranTurismo6, that thing had 20 fps or less at times

TMoney and yusupov like this.
  16. C'mon Patrik, you gotta shill better than that.

17. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I knew it would be impossible for consoles to have 60fps with rain and a big grid of cars. I don't know if there is a test yet, but I think that the consoles can't either run at fixed 60fps with rain and 1 car.

18. jasjeet

jasjeet Racer

Cant even run 60 in the dry with 20 AI, maybe 12-15 AI.

19. Guess they should have said 'able to run up to 60fps'

xystof and Patrik Marek like this.
  20. I've never understood the fascination with motion blur in race games. The real world really doesn't look like that.

Fear, nate, VenomSRT and 4 others like this.