1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just another off the rails wishlist thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Jul 5, 2015.

1. demonized

demonized Simracer

So much "won't be", "impossible". This is sad

misterbeam and norbs like this.
  2. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

The sad thing is that some people just keep failing to understand that some things aren't possible to be done in this game.
    Most people knew what they signed up for when they got this game in EA or even after that yet they still want features which have been ruled out a long time ago.

3. misterbeam

misterbeam Hardcore Simmer

If you watch the video ... you will see that there are things that are possible! but can't be done just because it's too much work involving updating all cars ... so basically , everything that would require all cars to be updated is most likely impossible :(

If you ask me, it's no where near an excuse! but, maybe we just have to accept that this is the mature state of AC.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  4. demonized

demonized Simracer

Then is it better to create new things from scratch, using gained knowledge from past? Why support this game, when there is no progress possible?

5. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. demonized

demonized Simracer

Very constructive answer...

7. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

ikr, The Godzilla one actually made me chuckle when I saw it.
    Seriously though. Why abandon a game that is still in development which they've been working so hard on for the past years. It makes no sense at all to do that. Then also think about the time that it will need to create a new engine which can handle all those things people want to see.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  8. demonized

demonized Simracer

Because
    And that list is huge, some things are very important and basics for racing simulator

9. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Not really, most things that are very important and basics for a racing simulator are in the game. They just need to be optimized.

10. ouvert

ouvert Alien

not cutting it today .. wrap it up in next few updates (that could easily be one more year or half of a year) .. knowing what we will get and what we wont it kind of makes sense to fixed what could be fixed and just stop puting resources to game that will never be what (during developement) devs decided to make of it .. transfer those resources to developing new game and use all the potential this team has .. than we accualy could get the best racing sim ... I rather put my money to crowdsource AC2 than to buy more DLC for a game I`m not gonna be playing in 1-2 years cause I`m gonna be testing AC2 ..
    and they will not be starting from a scratch .. not sure about if they can carry the licences but surelly there are assets that can be reused/moddified (models, sounds, textures, ideas, algorythms, etc ... ) ...

11. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Well,
    I recall that we've had official statements telling us that we wouldn't get a feature or something wasn't possible etc., but it happened anyway, we got it down the road.

I dunno why that is or if something is misunderstood on either side, KS and community, but some features are ridiculous to call impossible or write them off already. I happen to think that Stefano not always answers to what is for the upcoming update or possible future updates. And things are in many cases up for debate, when it comes to future updates.
    Example: the elastic cars in mp was by KS said to be a client connection issue ONLY, and not something they would/could fix. Now Stefano fixes it, one year later, but it finally got some hours work.

I'm exited to see modders adding the missing features, and still hope for AC be lifted to past-gen sim features.

12. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Is it the night and wet racing, please tell me it's the night and wet racing.. How about, holding it together for two laps in online race on a DRY SUNNY tarmac, then work from there..

13. Optimistic :p

PhenOm likes this.
  14. demonized

demonized Simracer

Yesterday i made two hours of Nordschleife, so put your sh1t back...
    night, wet, with full rules. And yes, it should be in racing simulator, not just driving with retards on public

15. I don't think that comment was directed at you, demonized. He means the AC racing public in general (based on observations conducted online) ;)

Leemstradamus and Boris Lozac like this.
  16. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Sorry but it's a gimmick.. I bet 95% of real drivers f***ing hate it when it rains. I wouldn't mind having it, but it doesn't stop me enjoying and apreciating the best feeling simulator ever, with the awesome modding comunity (which already made a very cool looking rain mod). And for night racing, yeah, another gimmick, i'm too old to be participating in 24 hour races, and it's a double gimmick if it's sped up, like it changes to night in a 10 lap race..

I agree about multiplayer, some of the stuff like not improving the chat system was a bit depressing to read, i was kinda hoping for some LFS features that exist since 2003, but it seems highly unlikely...

Leemstradamus likes this.
  17. demonized

demonized Simracer

I don't say you should drive always in wet conditions. But always driving in sterile conditions is boring as hell. Really there are people against dynamic weather, some randomness, which makes everything much more exciting and interesting? Odd...

Jebus, Pascalwb and Leemstradamus like this.
  18. demonized

demonized Simracer

And about "wet" mod. It is joke, it is job for developers to create full working weather, not for modders.

19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Maybe I'm old, but I never get bored driving a car at speed...

TCLF, Leemstradamus, ekosan and 2 others like this.
  20. demonized

demonized Simracer

Do you racing in leagues or organizing? I organize AC champs on one russian site and participate in many champs, and with so little features for racing, almost all races are the same. It becomes more boring after every single race.
    I haven't say a word, if there is a plan to implement such features. But, if its impossible, which was said in stream, so what's the point to continue developing? Where is perspective?