1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How have you tuned the gt40?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Seria17hri11er, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Howdy!

I find the GT40 with the default setup very unstable. The back end steps out--oversteers--all the time. Under power isn't too difficult to control. It's really a struggle to control off throttle oversteer and braking oversteer.

Here's what I have tried:

Reduced rear tire pressure a few PSI.

Increased rear bump from 2 to 3.
    Decreased rear rebound from 3 to 2.

Decreased rear ARB from 6 to 2.

Set front wheels to toe in about .05.

Set rear wheels to toe in about .07-.10 (default 0)

Increased rear negative camber a few clicks.

Moving brake bias forward.

I might have tried increasing front bump and rebound but I cannot remember. Now that I think about it more it could certainly be a case of significant longitudinal & diagonal load transfer.

All of these things helped but it still didn't feel "good" to me. I couldn't get in the zone and get consistent.

Has anyone been able to tune this to their liking?

@Tberg
    @Richard Dastardly
    @LilSki
    @norbs
    @Animal Ed
    @Lankyleo
    @flyingpig
    @aphidgod
    @esox71
    @PuffTheMagicBelgian

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    General modding discussion MX-5 Miata, where are the tuned versions? Sep 14, 2017
    Suggestions Tuned r34 Jun 16, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues (Suggestion) Upgraded brakes for tuned versions Mar 6, 2017
    Audio Bugs & Issues Mazda rx7 tuned Dec 28, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Mazda RX-7 (Stock & Tuned Version) Fuel Consumption too high? Jun 17, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa VS real life - KTM X-Bow tuned Mar 1, 2016
    Liveries Gtuned: tiger & bunny/pepsi nex gt300 skyline Aug 6, 2015
    Liveries Chrisi74 Car Liveries 30.05.2016 Martini Toyota Supra Tuned released Mar 14, 2015
    Screens & Videos TUNED BMW m3 e30 DRiFT mod setup! (Steering Wheel gameplay, t500rs & th8rs). HD Dec 14, 2013
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues GT40 Driver Glazing at the Sky Dec 11, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues GT40 vs 908LH vs 330 P4 top speeds Oct 10, 2017
    General modding discussion AI braking issue on Longford / Ford GT40 Jul 21, 2017
    Bug reports Ford GT40-red rims in some liveries Jun 30, 2017
    Bug reports GT40 revs spiking in-between gears on upshift (DS4 Controller) May 4, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues (Query) 908 LH & GT40 fuel usage Apr 9, 2017

3. Not really messed much - rear ARB to 1 for Bridgehampton, might have tweaked the dampers a little also, but I don't mind a snappy rear that much.

4. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Reducing the rear ARB seems to improve traction on the rear, particularly at bumpy tracks like the Nordschleife.

5. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Can somebody explain me why fuel tank is at front ? Everybody just ignores me with this question.

Off throttle and braking oversteer are very much related to engine braking torque. Preload and coast settings, engine coast linear curve. I have spined out at heavy braking points a few times going from 3rd to 2nd gear or especially from 2nd to 1st. You have to be be respectful to revs when downshifting. Aphidgod explained me how it works, and it is very simple. It is engine braking, which means that for rwd car rear wheels are braking. When torque is too high effect might be simmilar to handbrake

I have never messed very much with setup of GT40. Everytime I decrease tire pressure, increase front camber, increase rear diff. Oh diff is now not adjustable. That car is very well controlled by the pedals, a little brush on brakes would give desired weight transfer for front, slightly harder step on throttle would spin car a little then even harder push on throttle to pull it out of the slide and you can be quick through corners. GT40 seems very stable for me.

6. YardStick

YardStick Gamer

I don't actually know, but I'd guess it's there because the engine takes most of the space at the back. And it's quite small car.

7. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Fuel tankS goes like this

[​IMG]

8. YardStick

YardStick Gamer

Interesting design. I had no idea.
    I see two reasons why it's like that, keeping the weight as low as possible, and also the weight distribution of the car stays the same despite the amount of fuel in tank.

9. Makes sense. I might try taking the brake bias even more forward. I probably need to be mashing the throttle a lot deeper when downshifting, and possibly throwing it in neutral during initial braking.

It may be a case of steering wheel size. There are certain I cars I have big trouble with controlling and they feel twitchy-GT40, Shelby Cobra. The common denominator is that the car steering wheel is very large--even though my G27 wheel can match the actual 900 degrees of wheel rotation the G27 wheel itself is like half the size of the real wheel, causing the car to feel very twitchy. Wheel adapter will be installed after Christmas.

Additionally, it's surprising that no one has ever talked about wheel sizes of the cars in sim and how it affects handling. It would really make sense if we could input our actual wheel size. This way the game could change rotation ratio from 1 to 1. For example, your wheel is 900 degrees, but the size is 11 inches (g27). The car you are driving has a steering wheel size of 35 inches. Game does the math to figure out the correct ratio. If this were done, of course it would end up using gamma as well since your 900 degrees of wheel rotation equates to less than 900 now, so you would have to use gamma to get the last couple hundred degrees of rotation or so.

In addition, I use a gamma of about 1.13 on cars with rotation over 900-- RUF, Countach etc. Without it it is a bonkers twitch fest.

10. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

If these are the fuel tanks ... I'm not sure how good that idea is ...
    :)

Robin_NL likes this.
  11. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Interesting how the fueltanks are designed and where they are situated. Not exactly a 5 star EuroNCAP rating I think, but same goes for older F1 cars :)

Cheers
    Robin

f1webberfan likes this.
  12. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

Are you talking about wheel rotation or pedals?

13. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Ain't nobody got time for that. Especially when you want to kick Ferrari's ***. ;)

14. Animal Ed

Animal Ed Simracer

I might try to give some generic advice but not sure would that be helpful.

Reason is that I don`t like GT40 at all because it feels way too much modern.
    The most annoying is the engine. Throttle response like it have engine management, without any hesitation, revving up to 8000 rpm despite having 2 big valves per cylinder and only one camshaft in engine block (!) so valves are bouncing and floating no matter how stiff springs you have irl ... unless this is not vintage racer, it is vintage race legal car - big difference.

Rant mod off (click)

Brake in straight line, avoid trail braking because you need to be slightly on throttle before apex to solve your second problem (lift off oversteer) and be able to use this car characteristic as advantage (throttle steering) ... also, if you have H shifter - skip gears on long braking.
    I use to do that but pattern can depend on corner.
    Sometimes it is 5th, 4th, 2nd or 5th 3rd, 2nd and extremely rare is direct from 5th to 2nd right before releasing brake and turn in ...

Considering cambers and tires - dunno what to say because it have cross ply tires (soft sidewalls) so pressure should be relatively high comparing to modern tires but v5 model is still a mess so heating, pressures, slip angles and ratios are confusing at the moment - at least for me so I`m taking little sabbatical because it is not fun for me to drive car which responds illogically on setup changes.

15. Rotation.

Thanks Animal Ed. Really good info! I did realize with some time that it only liked to brake in a straight line, but hoped I could tune it so that it could trail brake etc.

Also, thanks for the rant as well. Very interesting. Sounds like a new post is warranted on that.

16. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

17. You can still trail brake gently, but don't mix it with the engine in high revs - and there is some tendancy to understeer if you do anyway as you might expect. Usually though the engine braking is enough by that point, you don't have a massive grip circle to work with.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  18. norbs

norbs Alien

19. I'm going to tag you in all my future car setup threads to learn you somethin! :p

20. norbs

norbs Alien

What I do know.

less fuel equals faster, but less laps. :)

21. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

if you want to race it at monza66 then id say go full throttle around the middle sector against the walls, based on RSR :p