1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Comparing the nordschleife. ac vs iracing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I'm not worried about what some people might say. We already know many try to pass as fact that "their" sim is the best of all. The visual difference between laserscanned tracks in games are the graphics and camera settings.

Like this, there are several others on youtube. There is also vs pcars (non-ls), and I guess there will also be vs iracing and vs raceroom later on.

Olivier Boissel and esox71 like this.
  2. Tberg

Tberg Alien

You´re talking out your ***. Accurate lasers can crawl under 1cm pr hundreds of km, those used to create the most advanced LIDAR can do it pr. few thousands of km. I´m not sure which laser is used for tracks, but 20km of length is not an accuracy problem as long as everything is calibrated. So no, corners will not shift around like that the longer into the track you go, doesn´t work that way.

3. peter boese

peter boese Hardcore Simmer

good to see the nordschleife at least in iracing. now all of the big sims have it. but one thing in iracing version is very ugly - the trees. it looks like a wood with just one tree cloned.

Mogster likes this.
  4. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

Both versions are very similar in terms of track geometry, both are very well made.
    The iRacing version looks more sunny, with less shadows on tracks comparing to AC.
    Definitely I'll enjoy only the AC version because of the money grabbing iRacing system.

5. Both Nords should be identical scan-wise, the real difference being how the cars themselves react to the track. Both visually should be on par, but I would think iRacing has a bit more details, they usually have.

With that said, the GP track on iRacing is 10 years ahead of AC's recycled one.

6. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I honestly think the iRacing version of the Nordschleife looks better than what we have in Assetto Corsa, but I have zero intention of joining iRacing, so I will never be able to compare the two tracks. Both iRacing and Assetto Corsa's versions of the Green Hell are absolutely stunning. I had only previously driven the North Loop on Gran Turismo 6 and it's amazing how many little things were wrong with that version compared to the Nordschleife that I now drive on daily with Assetto Corsa. If iRacing's version drives as good as the Kunos version, then my hat is off to them because Kunos's Nordschleife drives brilliantly... Although, I say that having zero experience driving the actual Nordschleife in real life. Those are the people I'd be interested in hearing from.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  7. Spinelli

Spinelli Simracer

Iracing has the best tracks in simracing in my personal opinion. They seem to put way more data from the laser scan into the track physics or something. The track physics have so much depth and detail. ACs' are very good too, obviously, but they don't make me say "wow" like iRacing's track physics do.

Graphics are fine in both to me. Whatever.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    Traind likes this.
  8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

9. St3fan

St3fan Alien

1. I like more trees in Iracing version although it might not be accurately positioned (I remember when AC Nords first came out there were people upset about wrongly added trees in game).
    2. I probably won't be able to afford iracing and the track. I guess I can use the same money and buy a new game such as RF2 or the next Reiza.
    3. Darin's talking about the differences between this Iracing version vs "previous versions" makes me feel that he doesn't play AC very much and his memeory of the track comes from sims from the old days, or from GT series. Or maybe Americans generally don't really care about trying out all versions of a track in Germany.
    4. Really looking forward to R3E's laserscanned version.

10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Yep, it is true, even though I don't play iracing much but tracks are a notch or two above AC standards, surroundings in particular. Look super real. If only they had AI. :(

11. 15$ for a circuit, has to be better ...

12. TomTrick

TomTrick Gamer

Not necessarily, iRacing has a lot fewer potential buyers for the track than AC, so the price must be set higher.

LeDude83 likes this.
  13. For what I see on video looks like they pay much more attention to textures like Kerbs, guard rails, stupid thing like signs, gas station, but even the hosts say it feels different to the AC version, I don't know what It would be, even if I could test it on a friend's account, there's no motivation for me from the physics+ffb side and in ac I enjoy from the abarth 500 to the mclaren f1

Sent using Tapatalk

14. I hate the tree shadows in assetto, the sun is always giving shadows almost in every hour, they have sun position wrong in most tracks

Sent using Tapatalk

D1visor likes this.
  15. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

I always see people saying this and can't quite get my head around it..... what time of year / month is it meant to be in Assetto for people to determine this?

16. Well yes, maybe the tracks are set in winter, but it could be an option or file info line in the ini file that specifies it

Sent using Tapatalk

17. dauntless

dauntless Alien

I'd assume iracing has gotten pretty good with lining the pieces. After all they have been building laser scanned tracks for about 8 years. That being said if you place two pieces one after another and get it just a half degree wrong your mistake after 5 kilometres will already be 47 metres. In any directions. The actual pieces are of course much much smaller than 5km long but that also means the there will be more places were two point clouds are joined. I have no idea if the software has some kind of smart tool that allows the user to join the pieces or is it more of a manual process.

Another thing that can cause differences in laser scans is the curvature of the earth. As some of you know earth is not flat so when the point cloud is combined into one big cloud (not sure if they even do it like this) you end up with a 3d map that is not flat but projected on the face of a sphere. This also probably requires some kind of correction since all sims I think do not use spherical gravity but instead the sims just "see" the world as one huge flat surface. Which means the center of gravity is not in the middle of the earth but instead everywhere you go the gravity will pull straight down. This has really tiny effect though I'd imagine.

18. Sorry what? the earth is not flat? how dare you, burn this guy! :) :D

19. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

It looks fresh and nice. Seriously.
    It's all albout the driving feel(car reaction/physics/FFB/immersion combined) for me but, it really looks the bomb

I probably give it a go when it comes out(and getting back to AC because of the lack of driving feel, which I already did two(2) times before)...

One of the comments below the YouTube vid:
    PCars NS wasn't that bad(looks). (I already deleted PCars from my HD 3 months or so ago, nuff said)
    And Snoopy's version in AC still looks very good too.

It 's the whole experience. Cars/tracks/feel/immersion that counts imho. The complete package.

iRacing does many things better than AC minus the driving IMHO.

iRacing's NS is about 'Trees & Detail', but I didn't see one ambulance or parked car anywhere(???)

Cheers
    Robin

20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I really dont know about that. The reason iRacing take that price on tracks/cars is because of the online racing they offer.

esox71 likes this.