1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic COMMUNITY BLOG - 1ST SEP 2016

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Sep 1, 2016.

1. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

COMMUNITY BLOG
    This time last week, Assetto Corsa began to appear on the shelves of game stores around the world. Firstly, we want to say a massive thank you to all of our fans for purchasing the game on console.

Now we’ve launched worldwide, the comments have started flooding in. There’s a great deal of love and support for Assetto Corsa out there, which is fantastic! There’s also some constructive criticism, which we appreciate and accept with open arms! At the end of the day, our community matters to us and we want you to be happy. We are always open to feedback and suggestions and whilst we cannot promise that we can do everything you ask us to, be rest assured that we are going to do everything we can to build on these foundations! Our development team might be very small, (<30 developers) but they are incredibly passionate about what they do and their aim has always been to produce the greatest racing sim on console and PC.

Kunos Simulazioni are 100% committed to ensuring that we build on the foundations we've laid with Assetto Corsa, for our console players! There’s a lot going on behind the scenes and we want to take this opportunity to give you an insight into what’s been going on since launch and our next steps...

WHAT’S NEW?
    When we launched Assetto Corsa onto console, it became clear to us that there was some feedback that needed addressing. A number of players were experiencing multiplayer performance issues on the Xbox One connected to voice chat. 2 days ago, we released an update which tackles this issue, so players can now head back in game and enjoy Assetto Corsa.

PRESTIGE PACK AVAILABILITY
    Assetto Corsa launched 2 editions… PRESTIGE and PERFORMANCE. The Prestige edition was not available digitally, only physically from selected retailers. Soon after launch, it came to our attention that our community were not too pleased and wanted to be able to own the cars for themselves. So we’ve reacted! We're pleased to announce that the Prestige Pack will be available to purchase from the PlayStation® 4 and Xbox One Store at a later date. The pack will contain the following cars...

• Audi A1 S1
    • Audi R8 V10 Plus
    • BMW M4 Coupe
    • Corvette C7 Stingray
    • Ferrari 488 GTB
    • Ford Mustang 2015
    • Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
    • Nissan GT-R Nismo 2015
    • Toyota GT86
    More info on the Prestige pack coming soon! PLEASE REMEMBER! The Season pass DOES NOT contain the above cars! The Season pass contains the Japanese Pack, Porsche Packs, The Red Pack and an exclusive livery. We apologise for any confusion that may have been caused here!

SCREEN TEARING AND FRAMERATE ISSUES
    Our developers are fully aware that some of you are experiencing screen tearing on both platforms, with Assetto Corsa. They’re currently working on a fix and we will update our community as soon as we can with more information.

PRIVATE LOBBIES
    We know and recognise that this is a massive talking point across all our community channels and be rest assured, we hear you! We respect your frustration and are fully aware of this request. The main priority with the console edition of Assetto Corsa was to launch a super stable game with fantastic driving. Whilst we have no news to share right now, what we can say is we are evaluating the available options. Please be patient with us and we’ll keep you guys updated.

AI DIFFICULTY
    This is a tough one… We don’t want to make the game ‘easy’ by any means, but we do recognise that the AI may need tweaking, especially on Easy mode. Our team are aware of this request and are working on a solution. Again, more info on this soon!

CONTROLLER / WHEEL CONFIGS
    We hear you and we are addressing this! We are also working to improve the controller functionality in Assetto Corsa.

SEASON PASS
    For those who don’t know already, there is a Season pass available for Assetto Corsa. Right now, there aren’t any packs to download, but there will be in the near future! Should you decide to purchase a Season pass, you’ll be able to download the following packages at a later date...

• Japanese Pack
    • The Red Pack
    • Porsche Packs
    • Exclusive Livery
    SUPPORT
    If you are experiencing issues with the console edition of Assetto Corsa, we want to help! :) Please follow the below steps in order to help us help you...

1 - Firstly, we encourage you to search the CONSOLE LOUNGE and the sub-forums for a solution to your issue.

2 - If you are unable to find the answer you are looking for, then please check out our FAQ's. This will be updated as and when required.

3 - Should you wish to speak to someone directly, please head over to the 505 GAMES SUPPORT portal and log a ticket. A member of our Customer Support team will be in touch to help you.

TEAM WORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK
    Let’s wrap things up for now by saying a massive thank you again to our community for their support. We are excited to build on the foundations we’ve laid. Whilst it’s practically impossible to reply to each and every one of you individually, please know that we do hear you and we are listening.

All we ask is that you stick with us, be patient with us and show us the level of support you always have done.

Have a great day!

paul_wev, Maxx69, falm and 51 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione – Community FAQ Blog Mar 2, 2018
    Console Lounge End of Year Community Blog Jan 1, 2017
    Console Lounge COMMUNITY BLOG - Assetto Corsa Wins GOTY Award, Porsche Pack Vol.2, The Red Pack & Private Lobbies Dec 16, 2016
    Console Lounge COMMUNITY BLOG - CONSOLE PORSCHE PACK VOL. 1 DLC LAUNCH & UPDATE V 1.09 Nov 28, 2016
    Console Lounge CONSOLE COMMUNITY BLOG - Porsche, private lobbies and more! Nov 10, 2016
    Console Lounge Community blog updates Oct 16, 2016
    Console Lounge COMMUNITY BLOG - 12TH SEP 2016 Sep 12, 2016
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room 2.4 Enduro Club - New solo driver endurance racing community Apr 22, 2023
    Online Leagues / Championships room Who want to join our community? Apr 1, 2023
    Online Leagues / Championships room ACC PS4 PS5 soon PC - 10tenths Racing Community - New Season Jul 30, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Any community 24 hours of spa? Feb 21, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Simrace.pl community - 8 Hours of Bathurst - 05.03.2022 Feb 17, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room EGT Canada - Great racing and a superb community Feb 9, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room PLR - Pro League Racing community, new season starts in January! Dec 2, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room 10Tenth's Racing Community. Aug 26, 2021

3. campodicasa

campodicasa Rookie

Finally a word from Kunos :)
    You guys rock!

4. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

I'm absolutely delighted after reading that blog, I have complete faith in Kunos.
    Thank you very much guys.
    Good luck.

Lupobeppe likes this.
  5. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

This is what I want to hear. Appreciate it very much guys for keep us updated on the process and what going on with the game.
    Mi think major "issues"were mentioned what's most important and you know what's up now.

Will support you maximum!

Pedal to the metal

6. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

I don't feel it's good enough to be honest. They have only addressed the basic wants and not paid attention to the major issues. There are physics bugs, there are race bugs there are completely useless duplicate online servers with practically the same cars on the same track.
    Yeah I wanted the prestige pack, so I went and bought a second copy just for this. Now this gets announced. Wasted my money on another copy only to feel scammed now.
    How weren't the developers aware of the screen tearing already, they are after all game developers, mind boggling.
    AI difficulty needs more tweaking than I care to imagine, it's hilarious that this was over looked so easily.
    Controller and wheel configs? The console devs need learn how the config in the game works already and how game breaking and wrong it is right now. Do they even realise that in online lobbies clutch config is engaged even in paddleshift cars?

Quite frankly this game is not simulating driving nor racing to an acceptable level across the board currently, bugs and plain obvious oversights ruin just about every aspect of the simulation.

Sorry to be a downer but I do like the physics, when I can use them to the fullest. I think an incredible amount of work appears to be needed on career for it to be anything worth delving into again. The tuning restrictions have so many limitations it feels less like a simulator and more like a demo of a game. I understand going for realism but it feels more like just didn't feel like adding it.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    Cdiff likes this.
  7. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

So you bought a second copy of a game that you seem to hate and don't trust the devs about?

8. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

I bought a second copy on the second day of release because we were told there was no plan to sell the prestige pack which held at least four of the best and most suitable FR layout cars for drifting which is what the 6 or so team members of mine also bought it for. Show me where I said I hate it please I would love to see you proved right..Don't let the console forum door hit you on the way out back to the pc lounge ok :)

9. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

@Godzilla

To be fair man, Kunos have responded in less than a week about lots of things that people have mentioned.

I tip my hat to them for that, T10 and PD certainly wouldn't do that.

Give them a chance.

Skemekos123, lisanorm, P308R and 2 others like this.
  10. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

You're an angry man....have a drink on me.

11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

This is absolutely fantastic community interaction!!! Huge thumbs up. You (Kunos/505) are doing it so much better than many other companies/teams. You'll take proper sim racing to the consoles (and keep improving it on the PCs, of course).

Good luck and good success...I'll be onboard :)

12. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Yeah, their response was 'we have no plans in the near future to release the prestige pack' claiming heavy workloads and focusing on the game as reasons for not including it. so yeah they did, only now they have rebutted it after numerous people I know went out of their way to cancel original preorders and do it via the correct channels after reading and accepting the first reply...But you are right, T10 would just screw everyone the worst way they could like they always have and always will until their now forseeable death. PD yeah, they don't like to make statements then rebutt them days later, they feel it betrays loyal fans and isn't honourable on their part.

Cdiff likes this.
  13. cirederf68

cirederf68 Rookie

Kunos listen community and it's good. a lot of work ahead. please, remember UDP mode to use the telemetry. true fans are with you.

14. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Thanks for the support! We don't want to keep you guys in the dark!

15. Borez

Borez Gamer

Brilliant, thanks for this heads up. Makes such a difference to actually know the Devs are looking in.

Skemekos123 likes this.
  16. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Like we said, whilst it's practically impossible to reply to each and every one of you, we are here and we are listening! We're going to do all we can to build on these foundations. Thanks for the support, Borez! :)

17. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

Really appreciate the communication and the fact you guys are listening !!

Skemekos123 likes this.
  18. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Thanks for the support :)

19. Kribbio

Kribbio Guest

Keep doing this fantastic Job !
    Proud to be Italian , Forza Kunos!
    Can't wait for the Red Pack and drive the SF15-T ( i have no idea of how we can changs all the settings of the MGU-K , MGU-H )

20. TitzonToast and mister dog like this.
  21. seubi42

seubi42 Rookie

Thanks for news Kunos :) We are happy to hear you!