1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mandatory pit stop

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by WilliamRiker, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

[​IMG]
    for you @Lord Kunos

katikomer likes this.
  2. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Hardcore Simmer

Lol. that's some nasty beer, it looks boggin !

well I would like to simply hope for a pit or penalty function. if it had some tuneable integration that would be just nice.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  3. yeah, we are reaching the bottom of the list of low priority features, so probably some of the stuff we want is about to be added in future updates!

4. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Hardcore Simmer

hope so. wrapping the game up in a sense of finalisation is what I hope for in general. regards features. it cant go on forever. Then we have the complete product so to speak. the be all and end of all things Assetto Corsa (v1) and there after its the future of kunos to look forward to (and then do this all over again) hell yeah !. and the next time history, knowledge and experience will be even more prevalent if a second coming of AC is to occur.

5. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuu..........

6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

YES!!! Thank you. I was hoping for this to be implemented. It will spice up the races so much :)

Pixelchaser likes this.
  7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Double post

8. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

I for one would love to have the option for a mandatory stop in short races. I had this option in an older game and I loved using it for short-ish races, it certainly does introduces different strategies. Do you pit early to get clean air but risk going a longer distance on worn tires? Or do you pit late so you have fresh tires for the end of the race? Do you pit at the same time as the guy in front of you so you come out behind him and still have the slipstream? Or do you stay out and try to set some fast laps in clean air so you can leap frog him in the pits? Or do you pit before him and try to make time in that clean air so he comes out behind you? Plus, there's the chance of someone making a mistake on pit entry that you can take advantage of. And let's not forget the most important thing, it gives you a moment to take a nice, long pull off your beer while the crew tends to your car. ;)

Having mandatory stops can be fun, mixes things up a bit, gives the chance to have a small bit of strategy, and gives you a chance to clear your head and focus for the second part of the race. It may not be super realistic or introduce super complicated strategies, but that doesn't mean it can't add some fun to the races. It's clear some don't care for such things but nobody would be forcing you to use this feature. It's also clear that many of us would enjoy having this feature and make good use of it. Personally, mandatory stops is very high on my wish list of things to be added to the game because I generally don't care to do races long enough to warrant a natural pitstop so I never get to experience them.

This makes me very happy, I think I'll go celebrate with a beer! :D

LeDude83 and Pixelchaser like this.
  9. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

If this means that we will get mandatory pit stops for single player in next update (which would be great!): Could you please do us VR-enthusiasts a favour and make animated pit stops in VR-mode possible again? Mandatory pit stops would bring so much excitement to an already exciting and wonderful sim but in VR it would completely destroy immersion (the feeling of being there) without animated pit stops from cockpit-view. It already worked with an ini-hack but since latest update the animations are completely gone...

10. Yayyyy Mandatory pit stops! Just like false starts, anything that makes it where somebody can beat somebody else without actually driving faster than them is a must have feature.

Mike1304 likes this.
  11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Well its simply a good option to have, many real world series have mandatory pit stops. Setting up servers where stops are compulsory is just a welcome thing for those that want it for those that don't they can simply not use such an option. I don't see how having false starts helps someone slower beat someone faster unless you mean for the first few laps before they need to serve the penalty which in fact makes them much slower. ;)

Having a forced pit stop will also not make slower people beat faster people it just means if the race needs a stop everyone will need to stop. Looking at the recent V8 races in Adelaide where they have a really good system where all drivers were forced to add 140l (I think) of fuel during the race and this meant all needed 2 stops in a 250km race as the fuel tank was a bit smaller then the fuel needed to be added. I don't think we will be getting anything as technical as that but would be nice if it could somehow at least force a compound change during a stop meaning people need to use 2 types of tyres and work a strategy on that.

That sort of racing makes even shorter races with a stop make more sense, with a fairly open window it may mean you will be different pace to others on the opposite compound. How long you run each and when to stop makes for some very interesting strategy options. With f1 for example not allowing refuelling having limits on if you can add fuel or change tyres would be nice too even if the stops themselves aren't compulsory.

eXo and kofotsjanne like this.
  12. As long as pit stops consists of a mini-game that makes me reach across my rig and use my mouse to click on clunky icons I am not a fan of having them in short races. Give me the ability to notify my pit crew a lap ahead of time via voice commands and I might feel differently.

I would hope that Kunos would spend this (possibly, seemingly??) last year of development on AC working on bigger features, but the more options the better, so why not this also?

Glaurung, Cote Dazur and liakjim like this.
  13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I havent tried this myself but people seems to be positive in the comments
    http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/pitconfig.8032/

I hope Kunos implement something like this, people who use this will get a fairly big advantage otherwise.

Berniyh likes this.
  14. well luckily you can also look forward to next update then :) (minus the voice part)

JlnPrssnr, coret3x, Glaurung and 22 others like this.
  15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Looks like my "hope" was answered within a minute. Thats it, I have seen the light!

16. I want a refund.

17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Not only that, but in some cases even to use a different tyre compound, which would also be nice to have.

Well, let's just see what Stefano and the rest of the team implemented here. :)

18. Bit off topic, but one thing I'd like added is the option to return to the pits (to make setup tweaks etc) without changing tyres, so keeping the same wear, temps (obviously they should cool naturally if no tyre warmers).

Either way, its nice to see some progress on pitstops.

Jebus likes this.
  19. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Would be great if we could set different tyre pressures for the different tyre compounds. Right now if you change to a different tyre compound on a pit stop, you most probably will get non optimal pressures.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk

martcerv and liakjim like this.
  20. you look so cute in pink