1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Why such a bad optimization?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by evgenyserdyuk, Oct 5, 2016.

1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I was trying to say that you cant compare PC to console with specs. You can do more with the 'same' performance on a console compared to that specific hardware on a PC.

2. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

Ok Got you.

3. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Well i suppose that depends on what both of us would class as a weak PC. :)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  4. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

Indeed, for instance if you use a 44 core 7910 workstation then a 4770K is pretty weak ;)

But in the context of Assetto Corsa the minimum spec for the pc version is an Intel core duo with 2GB ram and a GTX460, now that is pretty weak.

5. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Just to be clear i wasnt comparing anything, the guy who i replied to might of been doing so but i wasnt.

6. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Correct o_O

7. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

That's a bit confusing. Do you mean that physics doesn't affect the CPU you can use for graphics? So you could have Driveclub graphics and Assetto's physics in a base PS4?

Or you are trying to say that the great visual aspect of Forza is not only because they use less CPU for the graphics but also because Turn 10 has a great graphics team?

8. Exactly. People are the limit, not the hardware.

9. xela1

xela1 Racer

... if you wanna "play" eyecandy games, AC is the wrong one. If you wanna drive in a next to real racing simulation, AC is the right one.

10. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

That's a game breaker for me. I always thought hardware was something you have to distribute between physics and graphics (that AC uses 3 cores for physics and 2 for graphics was related with that). It is something I read a lot through the internet, like it was some law.

That was something that explained how arcades (Forza Horizon, Driveclub, The Crew) have better graphics than simcades (GT/Forza), and these have better graphics than sims. This is not an issue, as this escalation would be explain (having in mind what you say) because the developer's interests: GT/Forza don't offer better physics not because hardware, but because they want their games to be accesible to everyone.

But there are another things I don't understand: so that AC uses more cores for physics than graphics don't penalize the graphical performance of the game? Why that belief is so extended throught the net? Why in AC the number of AI cars (same physics) affect so hardly on the fps?

seubi42 likes this.
  11. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I personally think the graphics are well less gen, but its not a game breaker, but what does need some attention is the fps on xbox its not good, Micro stutter fest.

DatNoiseV12 likes this.
  12. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

graphics is fine. not jaw-dropping but it does it job. lighting fxs are nice too. problem is performance, as been said quite some times, on both consoles. still hoping to see some improvements in the future, and hopefully an update for those who bought the ps4 pro and another one for those who will buy the scorpio, which seems to have quite some horses under the hood.

13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

The "fact" that AC doesn't look as good because of the advanced physics has been denied by Kunos, repeateyly - here on this forum. But it seems noone wants to accept that and I don't know why.

You ask why the FPS go down with increasing number of AI cars: IMO, this is actually the CPU being stressed so it can't request more frames from the GPU. If AC had better optimized graphics, the drop with more AI cars would still be like that.

SlimCharles likes this.
  14. it is, but there is plenty enough to have world leading physics and graphics together. The reason why some game do something better than other games is because of the people working on them.

SlimCharles, paul_wev, the-D- and 3 others like this.
  15. fbetes

fbetes Simracer

Graphics are ok.

Optimization is bad. Racing at Montmeló, with +12 AI cars stutters during all the race. For me, it's a game breaker. The only fix is to select under 12 AI cars, but I wouldn't mind to sacrifice other graphic aspects to reach 60FPS with 16 AI cars.

16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

PC that can run AC on relatively high or at least console level graphics (solid 60 fps, single screen 1080p, not VR) doesn't cost fortunes anymore, AC graphics engine isn't the most demanding and is well optimized on PC. So if you're really serious about simracing, could be worth considering to take the leap. Opens up possibility for other sims like AMS, iRacing, rFactor2, RaceRoom which will never come on console. And also 100+ track mods, high quality sound mods, user created apps and much more.

paul_wev likes this.
  17. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

Dont compare large dev teams with high buget to Kunos... You must be surprised how good Kunos makes with a lot less resourses and team ,one of the best FFB and Physx racing games! If Kunos have the resourses of any other huge developer , we gone a see almost the perfect game ever... (also they make a game for first time on consoles and is obvious ,they experiance some difficultys) for this is all this difference from PC to Console versions! (Yes i prefere a full copy of pc version to console at release but this didnt happen, and they work to make it, but is error to compare Kunos with other devs who makes racing games...) you can compare the games, but the devs is not correct,in Kunos have really good devs to make a professional simulators (not AC game) who they make , this is a huge success by itself ! Kunos have one of the most advanced simulator outhere! And decide to give us a part like a game with AC... And this is good enougt to give them credit!

paul_wev likes this.