1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. I am hoping that the new wind effect will make the flags flap more realistically. If nothing else, it would help me to relax if I am sitting in the front pit box at Nurburgring GP ;)

2. The only thing I wish for regarding the wind is that I can turn it up full blast for aero runs standing still and Balloon flights!

Jos_theboss and Schnipp like this.
  3. Blizzier

Blizzier Racer

For me it's in the other way. Like 2:11 for Porsche at Spa, but hardly 2:14 for Mazda.

4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

How is that the other way? ;)

5. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

In the real world, wind feels like a tug, if you even feel it at all. The volocity of the object vs the impact of winds at any measurable amount is rather negligible in a low aero car... but headwind and tail wind can do interesting things but you can barley feel those in real life and AC has no canned FFB so it's unlikely you'll feel cross winds in the wheel without a system for it... but maybe it will show through the reaction of the physics in game?

Btw, does AC model aero wash? I keep thinking it does as I've had interesting results ridding someone's bumper but it could be placebo...

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  6. seco46

seco46 Hardcore Simmer

I hope the Celica will coming with the 1992 Carlos Sainz livery (o some modders make that)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JoseL231 and Kopiller like this.
  7. there are tiny variations within a session and slightly more variations between sessions.

AurusCE, Jebus, Ischemica and 18 others like this.
  8. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

Headwind and tailwind I can confirm, its practically not noticeable, but crosswinds, at least gusty ones, is wholly different thing in my eyes. At least when going along motorways it is very noticeable with the car swerving if you let go off the wheel.
    If that would be that case in AC from now on too, that would be epic.

9. Psit

Psit Alien

That is ugly AF.

10. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

Once, w
    @Lord Kunos, A final question : what about the wind effect for hotlapping? Possible to disable ?

11. R3V3NG3 BR

R3V3NG3 BR Racer

In reality the wind system is to turn Assetto Corsa into the infamous boat simulator that they commented a while ago... just connect the dots guys!

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  12. Wind is at 0kmh for hotlap and cannot be changed

AurusCE, fr13del, Mike1304 and 9 others like this.
  13. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Kinda makes sense, how about Practice though?

Looking forward to see the effect!

AC_RAF likes this.
  14. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

Will there be a hurricane mode where cats fly through the air? :p

F430_458_F12 and formulaHEINE like this.
  15. mms

mms Alien

Will it move the balloons? Cause if not, you know, people will cry "SIMCADE" :p:D:rolleyes:

Schnipp likes this.
  16. well start crying then :D

17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

..in a beautiful way. :)

...gah, now i need a cigarette. dont know why..

18. warp9engage

warp9engage Racer

Will this next update feature timed races?

19. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Wind affecting cars is cool and all. But there's a plane mod by the_meco. Now that might get really interesting.

Wait till you see LMP and GT cars. :p

Oh and nice to see licensed livery on the Celica. Much better than Catsroll or something. ;)

seco46 and mms like this.
  20. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Afaik at the moment on regular cars AC cannot produce aero forces that act laterally on the body. Only cars with a FIN can do it so I would guess for most cars you won't feel lateral stuff from the wind, only reduction/increase in downforce/drag, no side push.

The aero wash is modeled but in a bit brutal way. All aero elements lose air pressure equally so in high aero cars that usually means huge oversteer(that's probably why it's so hard to race the F1 cars). In real life all that happens is you lose front downforce which is annoying but still driveable.

mantasisg 2 and Lawndart like this.