1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Does the AI uses different setups ir they run with default?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Hugo Catarino, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

So yeah,i think i covered the question well in the title :p I've tried to look here on the forum for an answer but couldnt find it.So,does the AI adjust the setup to the track (like longer gear ratios on tracks with long straights,using softs instead of hard tyres,aero tuning,etc)?

SlimCharles likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Does ACC uses SPS? (VR improvements of by 40-50%) Oct 22, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Does ac uses the periodic in t500 wheel? Jun 11, 2015
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Track Rating does not reset properly on Nordschleife Apr 2, 2024
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC User Interface View settings doesn't get saved anymore [A/V intervention] Mar 9, 2024
    ACC General Discussions GT4... but does the bop exist? Dec 29, 2023
    ACC Physics Asphalt temperature does not change tire temperature and pressure Dec 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Does xbox one version become x/s optimised version? Nov 19, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting game does not start or even launch Nov 19, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tyres doesn't change in pit Oct 8, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Does anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals DDoes anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Cheating, does it happen, is it possible on Xbox Sep 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Changing steer lock doesn't work with Thurstmaster TS-XW Aug 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Fresh Windows 11 install and ACC does not start! Jun 28, 2023

3. shaq0853

shaq0853 Gamer

I do think ai use different setup if the race is long enough, you will find them using different pit strategy.

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

MaxStrong01 and Hugo Catarino like this.
  4. Hugo Catarino

I thought of that too.the fact that they race with a fully loaded gas tank instead of the default 30-60 whatever-unit-of-measurement made me belive that they have at least some adjustments in setup.but what about more heavy stuff,like transmission,engine limiter,brake bias,differencials,springs,etc?it feels like im cheating if i race a tuned car against ones running with just a couple of touches :D:p

5. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

AI doesnt pit.

That's exactly what I'm wondering.

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  6. Hugo Catarino

Really?AI doesnt run out of fuel?i've never made a race bigger than 30 laps,so i didnt know that.they dont run out of fuel?

7. shaq0853

shaq0853 Gamer

Well, obviously you have to update my friend.

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

8. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

The AI does not pit when racing. Stefano said he would work on it in the future.

Maybe you are refering that they pit in the qualifying session; in that case, that is not pitting. They simply enter in the pits randomly to create a sensation of realism (in reality you are not all the time of the qualifying session racing to get better times, you do a couple of laps and then enter in the pits to get fresh tyres).

Nope. Neither tyres. Like I said to shaqo853, Stefano said he would work on it in the future.

edit: Interesting post of Lord Kunos talking about this:

nope they have the same wear as the player.
    They just don't have the logic to consider a tyre change because that involves a lot of knowledge that the AI does not have.. for example, they AI has no idea how much time a pitstop will cost.. 20s? 30s? 40s? The AI doesn't know that.
    There is no point at which tyres NEED to be changed, with old tyres you will simply be slower.. so when you change is a function of where in the race you are and when.
    Examples:

You have tyres at 96%, but you are in 1st position with 3 laps to go and 20s advantage on the 2nd.. you are loosing 3s per lap.. will you pit? No you won't.
    It's not simply a matter of saying if tyres are below this level go and change.. it could easily cost the AI a race.

-----------------------------------------------------------

This really confuses me. Ive played a lot with the AI, and I would swear they dont have tyre wear. There were some races where I was with completely broken tyres and they just keep on making the same times...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    MaxStrong01 and Hugo Catarino like this.
  9. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

I put this on live broadcast a while ago. Go to 20mins 0seconds. You can see one of the AI peel off into pit road. At 20m30s I put the track map back on in the HUD and you can see that two of the AI are in the pits. I actually lead the race briefly at one stage because I stay out longer when all the AI have stopped. What the fuel use and tyre use is for the AI I have no idea, but they definitely do pit.

SlimCharles likes this.
  10. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

You shouldn´t feel like cheating. They don´t even use the same set of physics you do, so their setup is probably not even limiting them the same way it limits you.

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  11. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

This is very confusing. In that post lord kunos implies the AI does not pit. I ve raced with the AI up to 15 laps, and I dont think Ive seen them pitting (except when they crash). Then hugo catarino says he has raced up to 30 laps

@Lord Kunos could you clarify this? Does the IA pit? If they pit, What tyres they use and do they change it depending the lengh of the race? Do they have fuel usage?

They do have the same physics although aparently they have more grip (some users found in some ini file they have a grip multiplier depending the car) and tc.

According to what lord kunos said, same wear usage as the player.

12. Hugo Catarino

Those 30 lap races i did was with vintage cars,those tyres last for much longer.the longest i did with modern stuff was 20 laps on Silverstone GP with a Ferrari 458 GT2 against GT3 cars.i didnt need to pit,and i dont think the AI pitted

MaxStrong01 and SlimCharles like this.
  13. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

Once I did a endurance race on Nordschleife of 15 laps and some of IA cars pitted in front of me but I do not know if they did it for damages or for any other reason. It was a multiclass LMP1 and GET cars.
    Lord Kunos is the only one that is able to answer to this question.

SlimCharles and Hugo Catarino like this.