1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Update 1.18 keeps game crashes!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Donnced2, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

400 sesterzi in italy??? lol.. here in UK I returned my PS4 and I got the PS4 PRO for 200 bucks which I will return for the PS5 when comes to do it.
    The boost mode solves all the frame drops although they are still present in some tracks and car selections.
    For example if you select sports cars and run a race weekend , the framerate is not 60 fps flat , I guess the poor CPU has to deal with all the cars power units , ERSs , DRSs and it struggles a bit.

svenvangent likes this.
  2. mrsauce

mrsauce Gamer

Yes, but for me is not a solution.....in the consolle world....this is more a solution from the PC world....:)
    but anyway
    I think that the physics of Assetto Corsa is much expensive in therm of cpu load , 3 cores are used of the PS4 at least (you can see this interview ) for the physics.The others 5 core are used for the graphic but at the moment in some cases of rendering the 5 cpu are full and the system and performance goes down....I think..... but the bugs topic, that is very important for me, is not depend from this, certainly.
    Fabio

svenvangent likes this.
  3. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

I have just completed trying to load every single car to Barcelona GP circuit in hotlap mode. Result was a total of 6 random game crashes (random because offending cars did not cause an issue when resubmitting them after a game reboot). Porsche 919 2016 hybrid 100% reliably crashes the game though. Hope you haven't wasted to0 much time testing @svenvangent. I exercised an almost iron will and managed to bang through them all in mere hours o_O

svenvangent likes this.
  4. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Well.. good luck with that..

5. RWa

RWa Simracer

Exactly the reason why I went to PC a year ago. There I do enjoy AC and PC2 a lot.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

Grijo likes this.
  6. djblitzkrieg

djblitzkrieg Rookie

Can confirm Porsche 919 2016 crashes at Laguna Seca (only circuit I tried).

7. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

I was trying some random cars at Laguna Seca. So, after some laps, I decided to make a race only with one model of Porsche, the 911 RSR. In the loading screen, the game crashed. I don't see a pattern for a crash to happen. Sometimes I enter in a special event one time, do a try, exit the special event to try in another difficult and the game crash. IMO, I think is that kind of thing that will remain in the game, unfortunately. I don't think that Kunos will "lose" more time with AC on consoles. Even the known DOR bug was fixed after a lot of months...

8. mrsauce

mrsauce Gamer

Is possible that the problem is the memory of the system?!? The game doesn’t release the memory and system crash

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

9. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

Maybe....maybe the DOR bug is something related to it too... I really don't know but it's possible

Correcting my last sentence: DOR bug wasn't fixed.

10. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Random crashes used to happen even before the last updates, at least for me (Standard PS4, disc version of AC). I hope Kunos has some smart debug tools that allow them to narrow down the possible causes of the more recent crashes. First hotfix didn't succeed, maybe the second one will have better luck.

Grijo and olevet like this.
  11. mrsauce

mrsauce Gamer

Hi Grijo,
    What is the DOR bug? How can I repeat this one?
    Thank's
    Fabio

12. Grijo

Grijo Simracer

Hi Fabio, take a look at this video. It explains how the DOR bug appears and how to "fix it". I hope it helps you.

Traks1, mrsauce and DatNoiseV12 like this.
  13. TadasGrohas1

TadasGrohas1 Rookie

Hi Kunos.Already a long time ago the version of the Asssetto Corsa Ps 4 has a problem with the sound of the menu. After the race back in the game menu, one audio channel does not work. Please fix the problem. After update 1.18, there are problems with Corvette gt3 and Laguna Seca,crash anyway. The whole game is great, I really like it. .Thank you and waiting news and bug fix.

14. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

This was actually fixed, but it seamed to have come back in the following update, to a lesser degree though. I bought this digitally the other week, so deleted my game but thought I'd try loading the disc and AC V1.00. There was zero stuttering when the damage app appeared. Also zero frame rate issues on the the ring. Control algorithms were much better too. They should never have listened to the few who were complaining about it being hard on a pad because they expected it to handle like every other arcade racer.

svenvangent likes this.
  15. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Hope Assetto Corsa doesn't go more arcade with AC2 for console:confused:

pippo10 and olevet like this.
  16. mrsauce

mrsauce Gamer

Yes , I hope me too, but before AC2 I hope that they fix the bugs in AC 1...:)

Fabio

svenvangent and olevet like this.
  17. TadasGrohas1

TadasGrohas1 Rookie

Hi.Real wheel and virtual weeel does not match.Ps4 version,Thrustmaster T300.Please fix it.Assetto Corsa 2 i do not know, but waiting,because ac is very good.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    olevet likes this.
  18. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Do you have the virtual rotation option in video settings putted on "NO" ?
    With this setting you should have any problems.

Because the only wheel with DOR bug is the Logitech G2G

olevet likes this.
  19. TadasGrohas1

TadasGrohas1 Rookie

Ps4 version only Field View,Virtua wheel rotation and hud in video settings.On or off there is no.

20. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

The virtual wheel option you move to the left until "no" aparears and done.

So the virtual wheel will be equal to your real wheel input

olevet likes this.