1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

lol

Whitestar likes this.
  2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I see this as a great move by Kunos, this will give them a way of making a more focused sim and refine the engine before possible expansion in the future once they get it all sorted.

Adding weather and having a limited roster will help get a handle on wet weather when they only need to make 1 set of tyres used in a single series. Imagine trying to add rain to the full current AC roster and making dry tyres behave believably in the wet while also doing the same with the wet compounds.

Focusing on these will help them fine tune it and everything they learn can be used in future games or content.

Also with the new additions available with the need gfx engine less content to start with can focus more on getting it all to a higher standard same as each cars physics.

I wonder if it will be possible to use actual FIA BOP per track which would be pretty cool.

MP wise if the rating system works well then it should be a great way to have some good level mp racing whenever you want. Hopefully also get larger grids possible without hacks as Blancpain does get pretty large fields in the enduro rounds.

3. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Hope they hired Jim Britton to put Crew Chief in there as it's genius

dodge33cymru, Typer, AurusCE and 5 others like this.
  4. R3V3NG3 BR

R3V3NG3 BR Racer

In a way I'm sad that Assetto Corsa is "over", but I'm pretty happy that they grew a lot and are pushing some awesome content in the future! Congrats Kunos, pretty hyped for future news!

AurusCE, bigbawmcgraw and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  5. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I'm curious about the online part. How will the driver swap work if I'm alone in my career? It would be cool to try to team up with a driver online and share the car for the longer races. Otherwise there would have to be an AI driver standing in while you have the mandatory rest period between stints.
    I also hope for some economic system ala KMR to keep wreckers in check automatically. And realistic Race Director which "awards" drive throughs after warnings like they do IRL.

6. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Freddie Seng likes this.
  7. Serge M

Serge M Alien

You swap yourself with yourself? :)

chksix likes this.
  8. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

LOL...isn't it already enough that we know what Kunos has been up to for who knows how many months? IMHO, I am set as far as excitement for a good month or more, release dates will come when they come.

WUT???? Are you serious? Will games still run on Windows 7, but it won't be updated? Damn, I don't have the money to buy a new gaming rig just for the OS :confused:

As far as the initial screenshots (which look to be in quite the advanced state of development), the wet weather ones are the best. The lighting in particular is quite impressive for an early-dev title, looks like Kunos has worked out many of the reflection and shadow bugs. The reflective surfaces are very good already, perhaps a little too reflective considering all the cars are wrapped with semi-gloss vinyl...the LEDs are just unreal, the right bloom for wet weather. Daytime shots look a little over-processed right now, and far too underexposed. Hopefully, we'll be able to mod the lighting in Competizioni and provide new filters for a brighter and bluer daytime ambience :)

I love how all the road car/vintage car fans ALL have to comment like this: "glad for Kunos...BUUUUUT..." Seriously, when games emerge with content I could care less about, I shut my mouth and find other titles to enjoy, I don't troll the sites saying how much I'm disappointed, or what I wish the team had done, lol. IMHO, it's a backhanded way of saying "I feel soooo left out, you let me down Kunos!" :rolleyes:

Kunos' choice to focus on replicating a racing series reminds me of what happened when they gave the AC community the chance to vote on an extra car in the 70th Anniversary Ferrari DLC...the overwhelming choice was the SF-70H much to the disappointment of classic/road enthusiasts. To be sure, I had wanted a different Ferrari, but the truth is undeniable: the vast majority of sim racers want:

1) race cars
    2) current performance autos
    3) more focused games closer to real-life championships.

To this day, there still are a surprising number of public and private servers using the SF-70H, proof that people want competitive modern racing. There is no denying the popularity of Euro GT racing in the last 10 years or more, and a series-focused game is long-overdue IMHO. Last year when Aris posted regarding Grasser Racing, and little hints emerged of how close Kunos was with several other GT3 programs, I got suspicious that there might be a series-focused project in the works, esp. when I saw a Grasser Huracan GT3 at a Kunos press event...so glad to see these kind of sim projects emerging alongside popular race series.

Alexandr66, Ace Pumpkin and bgil66 like this.
  9. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Spa & GT3

What I have in mind of what I think a GT3 fan player play in a nutshell..
    Rain --> Oversteer.... Nope...

After we will get trolled that no one play in the rain. :rolleyes:

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  10. magzire

magzire Alien

Just look at that! LOOK!

[​IMG]

11. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Just thinking about those graphics with AC physics and general quality makes me very happy. Also makes me think I will be needing that Fanatec formula rim

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You can already add ACC wet weather driving setup and tips to your guide. After all its not like you need to know what your talking about, no need to change that philosophy at this point in the guides maturity. ;)

13. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

THIS IS SO AMAZEBALLS
    [​IMG]

Whitestar likes this.
  14. magzire

magzire Alien

Go for the new Fanatec Mclaren rim, be perfect :)

15. Serge M

Serge M Alien

It’s a bit of an unknown still, looks cool. I’ve used the formula carbon wheel a bit though and like it a lot.

16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Serge, a big +1 for the focus thing. Kunos have nailed physics in AC, already (minor exceptions or omissions aside) and now they focus on THE major points of criticism by adding RL racing and competition-centered features. AND night and rain.

I can see how the choice of cars frustrates some, although I'm happy with it. But this is the way to go to achieve quality. After all, Kunos now needs to study/learn/understand how to simulate rain and rain tyres. So they stick with a well-known car class and IMO that reduces the chance for false conclusions.

The accuracy will be amazing and I keep my hopes up for further cars.

17. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

The question is...will we feel the raindrops hit our visor through that window vent? :D

18. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

As long as water spray clouds don't pass though the cockpit like in a certain competitor... :x

AurusCE and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  19. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Yes. Not exactly my thing either.

This sounds like an interim product, they have scan data for most of the Blancpain tracks, many cars are present in older versions. Let the cash registers ring...

SRO are involved with the Bathurst and Suzuka GT3 endurance races iirc. Laser scanned Bathurst and Suzuka would get my attention...

I wonder if it’ll be possible to slide AC content into this new game engine :p

20. alexcand

alexcand Racer

It's a great news! I love nigth and rain racing! If the online is great, it will be awesome.
    The only thing that is bothering me is what will become the pack Porsche? The F1? The great nordschleife? Will they be doomed to stay in a past game that won't be updated anymore?