1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

A French "feedback" from Maxou le pilote about his first try ACC this week-end at Spa :

chuky, trucidatio and CKraegel like this.
  2. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

And understeer doesn't tell alone that the physics are wrong...

Guess you missed the context of my post.

3. esox71

esox71 Alien

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

How do you mean? Of course you have to counter-steer and correct with a gamepad also.

5. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

Sparks in motion.

Micii1 likes this.
  6. Micii1

Micii1 Racer

A shame i dont understand anything..lol

CKraegel likes this.
  7. chuky

chuky Alien

The video is very interresting, he's a belgian esport announcer who comments french speaking leagues, here's a translationg :
    At 1:38 "You can hope in the future, why not, to see leagues from lower categories grow, GT Asia or GT Pirelli World in the USA, there are other divisions that could come later. It's a small information I managed to grab, because officially nothing has been announced beside the Blancpain GT series."

He says he chatted with people at Kunos, they were very satisfied with the console ports, AC has sold extremely well on consoles so if ACC works well on pc it's very likely that later they start working on a port. He says everything is new in ACC, because the new physics engine prevented to transfer what they had done on Assetto Corsa. But I think he actually meant the Unreal Engine was new and not the physics engine. He says all the cars will be there when the game comes out even though you can't see them yet in the alpha, but he says he forgot to ask about cars from the groupe national.

Then at 5:12 he says Kunos has recruited 2 lead developpers from Sparco Gaming, Marco and David or Davide, I'm not sure I really understood this part. He says he had talked with them last year at the Paris Games Week. I'm not sure if he has interviewed them.

He says many esports teams have come, he saw many friends of his.

At 7:05 he says again that the graphic engine and the physics engine are not the same as in AC.

He says he was also able to test ACC both against the ai and at night (I don't remember if he said he tried rain). He was impressed by the visibility and precision of the limit of the headlights, which in not always the case in other games, and he also liked the sparks in the Raidillon, and dust and small effects. He liked the sound too, he says it's decent, it's not exceptionnal like Race Room, but the Lamborghini is very convincing and it has a very unusual sound. He liked the Hud, it's very readable, the green is readable, it's close to the Blancpain style.

At 7:56 he says Kunos leaved the booth to record the sound of the Aston Martin, and maybe other cars.

At 8:31 For the physics, he says the feeling of brakes is extremely good, pedals were Fanatec CSP v3. FFB was a bit too light but he says maybe it was so that everyone could play, and he would have liked to raise it a bit to have more information while braking because the Lamborghini was very understeery.

At 8:54 ACC will allow each event to have a specific balance of perfomance, so depending on the track in the season cars will have the BoP from the 2018 season on each event. So the BMW M6 that won Spa will be confortable in the "Ardennes slide" but will have more trouble in Misano or in other tracks like Paul Ricard or Nürburgring, where Aston Martin or Lexus with more torque will have an advantage.

There will be a career mode and a championship, along with a multiplayer mode. They will try to make a career where you'll start as an amateur and win events with a story to end up in one of the famous teams, so teams will be a ranked (maybe he didn't mean a real ranking but at least there will be big teams, smaller ones and amateur ones). He says it's very good.

In the end he says it's very promising, only time will tell if ACC can beat iRacing. GT3 are well settled in simracing and esport. He says we'll see if they make a parallel esport series, why not. The FFB needed improvements for him but he played 20 minutes so it was hard to judge. ACC is extremely complete, the basis is good, and seeing what Kunos have done since Netkar Pro before AC, you know that they know what they are talking about and they know what they do.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  8. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

upload_2018-7-30_17-59-31.png
    ( http://esport.akinformatica.it/ )

So where to start.. Not easy to put this weekend into words, writing it down seems like some kind of filter removing the actual sensation(s).
    (Most pictures are shamelessly stolen from @zelimper - great shots mate)

Of course the "weekend" started weeks ago for us, it wasn't planned long way so we had very little time to actually work on what is needed for an competition event like this, while still respecting the schedule to the actual Early Access version. My major problem here was that the so called "online services" (which include the leaderboard and ratings) are primarily designed to work at home, where the permanent identity is given by the steam environment. But during the events, basically every session needs it's own identity (and even worse: needs on-the-fly input of names for the leaderboards), so we had to invent a few sidesteps here, that obviously are hard to test in a comparable way.

Thursday at 10am we opened the gates for public access, and people would start flooding to our 3 simulators. During the first hours we had a tough time to balance receiving feedback, watching people and numbers, while learning about possible technical issues in preparation of the start of the hotlap contest starting friday morning. And (of course) we found issues, so in between some were solved by just handling them operationally, for a quite severe backend server problem we even exchanged code files, fixes and binaries via discord - pretty fun action actually. Thanks to @6S.Manu we had a really necessary patch done and deployed by thursday noon - thanks again to our amazing back office. Great teamwork during the whole event.

Starting the contest at friday was lots of pressure and last-minute actions up front, but I really was starting to love it. At this point I also started to realize the kind of magic the whole scenery and event is developing during this huge 24h event. You need to have seen this in your life, it's unbelievable. Back to the contest, I was slightly worried that our location inside the paddock area (which requires an extra ticket) could result in too few people around at some point. Didn't ever happen, not even during the start of the actual race. To see how long the queue is, you needed to get outside most of the time:
    upload_2018-7-30_16-17-47.png

It was set up in a way that you queue up (which sadly took serious time), then you have 6 minutes (basically 2 laps + 1 min spare time) in the Huracan and nail 2 laps in quite good and dry conditions in the hotlap game mode - which means the track is static and the car's state (incl. tyres and brakes) is reset on the finish line, in order to have every lap 100% comparable. We also had a category for real drivers (FIA list or attending to any event in the 24h) and developers, which were expressed by green and blue markers and ofc. excluded from the actual contest.

However, the combo is quite tricky, even the aliens were pointing this out. No way to flatout Eau Rouge / Raidillon (except you're Mirko Bortolotti), Stavelot (T16) needs a very tricky lift, Blanchimont needs insane precision. We also had tight track limits, so most of the laps haven't been valid at all. I've often heared that "GT3 cars are so boring and easy to drive" before, but somehow nobody mentioned this after actually driving it.

During friday, we had quite many of the real drivers coming by and giving feedback, as they weren't as busy then. Especially amazing David Perel (who won the Pro/Am cup in the #333) gave us much time again, testing the improvements we made due to his feedback in Misano, and giving us a walkthrough regarding the track details right on the state of this weekend. But many others joined us, @Aristotelis had a full-time job to cover them and collect all the information and feedback.
    upload_2018-7-30_16-13-48.png

Very remarkable was Mirko Bortolotti, who was cursing a lot (maybe Aris covers this more in detail), but did a terrific job at actual driving. Everybody (I mean people like Aristotelis and Enzo Bonito) were 100% sure you cannot flatout Eau Rouge in this car/setup/condition, but Mirko somehow did it - quite messy, risky and most probably slower, but I was highly impressed. Despite the fact that he was cursing a lot and his team told him he had to get out now, he rejected to leave (also commanded his teammate Christian Engelhart to sit down) for 3 or 4 more sessions.
    upload_2018-7-30_16-15-24.png

Me: "blabla" (shortly explaining the scenario)
    Mirko: "You're german, right?"
    Me: "So obvious?"
    Mirko: "Ja!"

Actually almost all of the drivers wouldn't leave us on friday without having his name on the #1 rank in the driver category. Guys are so competitive :D
    Romain Monti (winning the Silver Cup for Ombra) was there with his team mates early on friday, but sneaked in mutliple times again - even on saturday, until he was at least the #1 in the "real driver" category.
    upload_2018-7-30_16-28-41.png

Starting friday afternoon/evening, the leaderboard competition started to become serious, when @Hany joined us while Enzo Bonito and Kamil Franczak started to really attack low 2:18s laptimes.
    upload_2018-7-30_16-35-40.png

One of the highlights was the SRO press conference at friday 16:30 - first the announcement of a new GT2 series (yay!) and next years schedules, then our @Licensing Master on air releasing the trailer, EA date and roadmap. So epic!

(GT2 is starting at 26:23, ACC at 45:36)

After very tough thursday/friday for me, saturday started to become highly enjoyable. Systems were 100% working, roadmap was public, so I could roam around and talk a lot while enjoying the ongoing battle between the 3 top aliens. I've met so many incredible people there, both drivers, famous aliens and more or less "normal" simracers, what a day. Everybody is friendly, enthusiastic, helpful both in positive and negative critism (yes, looking at you, dear forum "community").

Towards the end of our competition we had Enzo on top with an incredibly fast 2:17.352, Kamil on 2nd with a 2:17.8xx. Close to the start of the race, the internet was starting to break down. Our code (remember: "special" stuff because of the contest environment) would handle almost every loss of connection, but then Kamil improved to a new 2:17.622 - and the lap didn't show up on the leaderboard. I felt the sweat running down my back :D Of course I knew situations where the "special" code wouldn't cover weird connection behaviour within a very improbable timing situation, and we had backup plans for almost anything. Still spent some time to verify the laptime was valid (it was), organise the additional information and try to put it in manually.

Gladly I didn't even need to, as Kamil was able to improve another time, down to the final 2:17.427 - things became *very* interesting then. You could see Enzo getting nervous a bit, Kamil was pushed a lot and even got a round of applause for this little wonder.

For my personal experience this was even the best moment. Of course I'm using the whole competition to check the stats ACC assigns to laps and drivers, while I can see them driving and this way get the finetuning done for the EA release. Especially the Car Control rating is exciting, because I already know it works well for 99.99% of the drivers, but I was always afraid of aliens. It's entirely possible that they are so good that their inputs are looking like a mistake to my rating, while they are actually doing extremely good (also, how do you test for this?). So Misano was interesting, I could see many real drivers - but this was the only chance to actually observe aliens before the EA.

Just a few minutes before Kamil was doing this lap I had a quick glance at my stats and noticed that we had one lap with a Car Control Rating of flat 100% - something I considered impossible (so far they were around 97-99%). So I went to Kamil and asked him if he knew the name, then he asked about what the rating means and we talked about it for a while. Then in his 17.427 lap he obviously did very well, just lost a tenth each in the hairpin exit and the chicane. Both weren't exactly control issues, more line related: The hairpin exit was slightly mis-aimed, and he was like 0.5m late in the chicane. So I was incredibly curious about the resulting car control rating - and bamm! It was the 2nd 100% one we've ever recorded. Ofc. it means nothing, sample size of maybe a thousand drivers isn't a lot - but still this point I felt so relieved.

At this point (saturday 20pm), the competition was basically over - which was very good as it didn't do us much of a favour in terms of feedback. Aris was trying to get people driving in the wet or night conditions, but everybody wanted to drive the (daytime/dry) competition - regardless of the impossible laptimes already were set. @Aristotelis really got angry about it, so he created this for you :D
    [​IMG]

At least it was becoming a bit better on sunday when the competition was over, and also the contestants had a few feedback sessions in wet conditions - followed by a spontanous mini-contest between Enzo, Kamil and @Hany - we set up a sunset, rainy event on slick tyres (= raised the wetness until i started to spin), and gave them 3 hotlaps in this surprise box.

Already posted this, (english) interview and a recap starts at ~12:40.

At this point we were exhausted like hell, and had so many good moments that I thought it's basically over, can't become better. I was so wrong:
    During the last few laps of the race we met in Parc fermé, getting prepared for the podium ceremony. There is some serious magic going on there, I can tell you.

Then you actually see the guys getting on the freakin real podium, in front of the crowd and just before the drivers - a m a z i n g:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Video:

Sadly everything was quite in a rush (with so many classes to celebrate), so the guys had to have their celebrations downstairs, but I guess you can see & feel how special this was:

I will stop now, although many more stories could be told (especially regarding mud-covered cloth and sleeping in cars). Thanks to anybody involved - this was our first event like this, and it turned out to be the money-can't-buy experience SRO promised in before. We can improve many things, and I really hope have the chance to do so by repeating this in the future
    So much thanks to everybody involved: None of this would have happened without an amazing development team, the simracers and drivers who joined us during the weekend, and of course the partners who made this possible (especially SRO, AK-Informatica, Pirelli, Fanatech, @flomo , RSeat). I don't state this for marketing reasons, but because it's 100% true.

But my actual thanks have to go to you, the AC community - without you, I wouldn't have experienced anything of this.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  9. plaid

plaid Alien

Nice. Thats what i Hoped for. Now i only Hope its like in f1 #### where you have one or multiple persons with a Voice and Face to Kind of relate to, nevermind if its a Team Manager or Chief Mechanic.
    Would Be allready good if in the pits Not every person has a Helmut or Mask.

10. Minolin

Maybe some of this is lost in double-translation, but to be honest not everything he "picked" up is close to the truth. Handle with care ;)

Edit: Also it's a common scheme that you may chat about ideas and where something could end up in implementation, and then you see it sold as "will be like that" (with some additions that weren't even mentioned).
    Always consider rumors that are totally new may be an expression of what KS devs would like to see, or what their general attitude is - but don't add it to your baseline of expectations at a 1:1 ratio pls

11. The Hotlap mode from FVA (finally) returns!!!!

12. Minolin

imho the least exciting one :p

13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, with a lap time competition going and/or six minutes per person nobody is going to waste their time on two wet laps?

14. mms

mms Alien

Mee too, most people should know they have no chance whatsoever to getting anywhere close to these aliens, for me it would have been way more interesting to try out rain.

15. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Thank you Minolin for another well made report from events. Almost like i was there :D But seriouslly love to read these posts form you about the events that happened... :) Tnx

16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Why even hold a competition then...

17. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Congratulations Team Kunos! Loved reading about it and seeing the vids, very cool:)

18. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

@Minolin
    Can you explain in just 2 words what does "car control rating" means? What are the % that you are talking about?

Kopiller and trucidatio like this.
  19. Minolin

Ah don't mind, nothing of importance so you guys can just ignore it while talking about VR, content and what's coming next :p
    Actually we just placed the rating names on that roadmap to fill up some space

McKiernan and mms like this.