1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. plaid

plaid Alien

Started a WEC race with LMP1, 2 and GTE on Dubai, starttime 5:00 (or 4? not sure), duration 1 hour, time acceleration to 5x, 4 weather slots (rain, light fog, cloudy(?), almost clear), starting at the back with a GTE car. Really impressive regarding the visuals, sounds, atmosphere and also fun to drive. Even I play it mostly on low settings.

However, besides that field spread to the point they were all alone with multiple seconds between after half an hour, the AI really needs to be drasticly improved regarding overtaking/lapping.
    Currently its like they fail 8x or 9x out of 10, but they need to succeed 8x or 9x using opportunitys to (successfully) overtake the slower cars. Otherwise it can get quite boring, at least if you adjust the AI to your pace - while thats allready a adventure...
    Besides that you of course have the problem with the AI being too fast in some corner and too slow in others, also the AI being too fast when it starts to rain, but too slow during rain. I had a little deja vu. I knew I should have waited a few weeks or months. Oh my...

All in all I the game appears to be quite forgiving, like without TC it drive like AC with TC. However, it really depends on the setup and settings for the assists, it can be quite challenging and satisfying imo. Thx @ouvert for the settings again. And Mr Spade of course.

Ah! And i really like the small Ginetta.

ss215445.jpg ss202443.jpg ss210543.jpg ss213351.jpg

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    mister dog likes this.
  2. OK sorted my pedals now lol. But the graphics are messed up . The mirrors are high res and main display is low res . Put the resolution up and all the settings but the game seems to be reversed . Any one else had this problem ?

3. Yes I can't seem to get the graphics sorted either, not reversed but I have flickering and weird shadows happening.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  4. In-car shadows look terrible, even with everything set to ultra.

LeDude83 and vegaguy 5555 like this.
  5. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

AC has best interiors hands down!!

Derrellbiffle, Nekrobob and LeDude83 like this.
  6. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  7. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Recently I've been told by my nephew that PC2 cars braking is to front bias no matter what brake adjustment is used and that's causing some issues at Nords, namely at Quiddelbacher-Höhe.
    I went to check it as I didn't quite understand what the issue was but I don't have an answer to give of why or what is causing it.
    What I notice is if brakes are applied to limit the jump the car will immediately dive to the ground, but if the car is allowed to jump freely and only brake after the jump, the car can take the corner for Flugplatz with no issues.

I tried with a few cars and although some show a more pronounced effect they all showed the same tendency.
    This is what happens when I brake and when I don't brake.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Vibe Style, Jaood, martcerv and 4 others like this.
  8. mms

mms Alien

Now I see what people mean by PC2 having more grip, even the air has grip and makes tires smoke when you brake in the air :D

9. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Now that's some weight transfer we've got here. Would like to hear some explanation about the underlying physics of that.

LeDude83 likes this.
  10. c172fccc

c172fccc Gamer

Not sure how to explain that, but that “physic propertie” is used to make an rc car front flip or backflip just by using the throttle and brake while in the air. Sure, that “physic propertie” doesn’t affect cars as much, but it’s still there.

11. TDS

TDS Alien

online MP is a stuttering mess on 90% of the servers, net code needs a lot of work too.

h-shifter + manual clutch has a upshift delay for vintage cars thats is very bad, hope they fix it.

time trial with downloadable ghosts is awesome together with online leaderboards and etc, pretty cool stuff.

nissan r34 trackday prepared is really fun to drive and have badass sound, love it.

LeDude83 and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  12. TDS

TDS Alien

that old camaro 68? also sound like a BEAST fun to drive too.

13. Orne

Orne Alien

Almost as if the physics engine is still applying tarmac physics after the car is airborne when it should presumably disconnect. Odd for sure

Could always go back to pCars 1, it didn't exhibit this sort of phyzeeks behavior did it ? lolz

demetri likes this.
  14. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

For that explanation to be true the sprung mass of the car should be comparable to the mass of its wheels. Also an RWD car would've pitched about its rear axle, but in this video it looks like the car is pitching about the front axle which makes no sense.

mms likes this.
  15. Cameltotem

Cameltotem Racer

You should read a few stuff before making accusations.

The only stutter that occurs is when another person joins the game, this has been noted on day 1. Other than that there are no stutters at all. Looking at my framtimes they stay at 6-8 all the time during gameplay online and offline.

If you are getting stutter it's your PC.

16. People are constantly joining the servers, even during the race; the lag and stutter that accompanies it makes trying to qualify in a populated room all but impossible.
    Then how come it was never mentioned in the nine months that you guys have been shilling this thing? Are you honestly going to say that the first time it was noticed by any of you was on day 1?

mms, demetri, Eero and 5 others like this.
  17. TDS

TDS Alien

accusations? lol!...
    so you just confirmed what i said, its a stutter mess of people joining and leaving server all the time, including while im on race session. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    mms and LeDude83 like this.
  18. konnos

konnos Simracer

What kind of stutter are you people getting? It's hardly noticeable on mine, like a micro-stutter more like. It might throw you off, if in mid-corner, but I ve never had it interfere to the point of being a bother.

19. Cameltotem

Cameltotem Racer

Yeah it's annoying but not game breaking, never influenced my racing but it's annoying for sure.

Again you guys are pathetic, I said since I came to this thread that all I do is defend the game when people are straight up wrong or lying. If someone thinks the FFB suck or the game is boring, sure that's your opinion but I comment on people who are wrong.

It's been out two weeks soon, what are you talking about.

20. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

Refrain from namecalling others.

mms and LeDude83 like this.