1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 1.16 and Bonus Pack 3

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by pankykapus, Dec 20, 2017.

1. The main reason to play AC are street cars. @iVG, I'd say what you said if it was iR where it wouldnt make sense.

2. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

for my wife an me christmas is not important (we have no religious background, only from what our parents did - we are pastafari now ;)) - but for our two girls, 6 and 10 years, its very very important :D

so we have no real presents for the parents, the kids should have their fun. :)

this year its different. :rolleyes:
    its not easy for me to say - but kunos gave me my personal christmas. :):):)

4 days to early ...

sounds like this i am in a sect(?).:oops:

thank you guys. this is so much fun - and i only tried one car until now....:eek:

drinking some italian wine - its a lucky evening/night - mille grazie to kunos !!!!

Schnipp, f1webberfan and BrainsBush like this.
  3. iVG

iVG Alien

It's not about money, its about dev time. I wouldnt have minded to pay a few euros for something a bit more... Relevant should I say + some actual sim features.

Tim Meuris and ALB123 like this.
  4. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I am happy to say that I have screwed up the corkscrew turn in almost every new car but I will keep screwing around lol :)

Dream1979 likes this.
  5. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Maybe development is done?

Who really knows.

In my mind the cars are just extra.

Track is what AC really needed.

6. Orne

Orne Alien

Sim is a very subjective term :p Relevant is a matter of opinion. What I find amusing about your statements is the lack of specifics. Vague reference to "actual sim features" , whatever that means, haha.

Seems like you're lazy trolling, but hey, I could be wrong. :cool:

sacredaardvark likes this.
  7. Blizzier

Blizzier Racer

Despite Laguna Seca is super-heavy on my PC it is beautiful track. Sadly, when I can easily go with 9-10 AI on every track (yes, my computer is ancient), Laguna can't take even 5.
    In reference to cars, I'm staggered how different are their laptimes to what I predicted.

Alfa Romeo Giulia QV - didn't expect HR tires which place this car not between M4 and 981's, but Carrera and Corvette territory!
    Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale - so much faster than it's rivals. high RPM friendly and B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L in every way.
    Lamborghini Sesto Elemento - Aris was right, it's super unpredictable, hard to put it in any class.
    Lamborghini Huracan Performante - astonishingly fast, nice balanced machine that will eat every records for breakfast, just love it!
    Maserati Quattroporte GTS - finally ideal Porsche Cayenne rival!
    Pagani Huayra BC - my god, P1-fast, tons of downforce, but smooth to drive, I've got 2:20 on Spa in only few laps.
    Maserati Alfieri Concept Car - italian muscle car? Why not! This dashboard is work of art, but for sure not very intuitive (or maybe only for me?).

M.Sampla and jim jones like this.
  8. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Keep it civilized guys.
    @iVG expressed his opinion in a polite and educated manner. I don't agree with it, as I'm sure many will or will not. It doesn't matter.
    There is no reason to keep debating the thing it really is his own opinion and he clearly stated so.
    As long as it is expressed in a polite and educated manner we have no problems, just move along and focus on your opinion on this release or discuss things relative to the cars handling and track recreation. It will make everybody happier ;)

9. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

^

why is Sesto Elemento such a tricky car to drive.

did Lambo intend to kill who ever thought of buying one. ?

edit: nvm the suspension from factory is junk. its bottoms out everywhere

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    nate and ALB123 like this.
  10. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

I'm not a fan of road cars normally but loving the Quadrifoglio....I want a real one!

Awesome work Kunos

Błażej and BrainsBush like this.
  11. iVG

iVG Alien

Mate dont accuse me of trolling I've been here long before you. I am using vague terms because I know how many people like to agree with something that contradicts their opinion even slightly on the interwebs.
    By sim features I mean some sort of system like MR or some other driver rating system that would actually make the racing better across the board. Better mechanical damage. More work on tyre or racing line. Something. Just something other than.. another maserati. You know what i mean now?

nate and ALB123 like this.
  12. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

Yep same for me. Early next year I may choose another (company) car. Hopefully it is allowed to go for the Giulia in stead of the usual suspects.

13. Wow, the Alfa 33 Stradale is a much more stable car than I expected it to be. Most of the cars with vintage tyres slip and slide around a lot, but the tyres on this have decent grip.

ShredatorFIN likes this.
  14. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Very fair points.

@Aristotelis - I'm sure most people in this thread have heard all about Lamborghini's crazy awesome active aerodynamics - which is how the Huracan Performante set that insane Nordschleife lap time, according to Lamborghini brass. When building that car for Assetto Corsa, are you able to create something special & unique for that Huracan Performante? Or do you only use the standard parameters that all cars have and use in aero.ini?

P.S. I don't know how many Lamborghini Sesto Elemento were made for this world, but I have a feeling I just totalled all of them on the Nordschleife. Sorry guys...

15. Aristotelis

Because it is a concept car and as such not thoroughly developed.
    It is based on the Gallardo SL, but the suspension is lowered a lot to "car show" levels with very limited travel, especially at the rear. As such, it bounces and hits the bump stops at the rear, making it unpredictable and oversteery at every kerb/bump of the road.
    Check this at second 49

16. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Loving the Stradale, best car of the bunch imo. Highly enjoyable. Thanks Kunos!

ShredatorFIN likes this.
  17. Aristotelis

We talked about this at the Racedepartment interview.
    The now famous and patented ALA system doesn't work differently from other active aero systems. What they do is that instead of having big (and thus heavy) servo or electric motors to move big wings, they use airducts with small valves inside them. Those ducts point the airflow on the wing or disturbing the airflow on the main wing, thus stalling it or making it more efficient or whatever is the case.
    The main advantage is that those small valves, are much lighter, much more reliable and much much faster to react.

Everything that can be simulated by the already present active aero system of AC.

18. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

R'amen. :)

arthur666 and sissydriver like this.
  19. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT Racer

20. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Kunos you never seize to amaze me!
    I thought the Alfa 33 stradale would be my favorite car, but it only comes second.
    The Maserati Alfieri wins hands down for me, who would have thought that? Such a nimble, fast and fun to drive car. And even the looks, inside and outside are just stunning!
    I’m in love...